Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcacq
    • Mar 2017

36 year old considering first transplant

been taking propecia and minoxidil for 10 years and am doing far better than my genes would dictate. My receding hairline starting to be something that really bothers me in particularly the temples.

Need to decide whether now is the time to jump into the transplant game. been reading boards for a while thanks all; feedback appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • JeanlucBergman
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by tcacq
    been taking propecia and minoxidil for 10 years and am doing far better than my genes would dictate. My receding hairline starting to be something that really bothers me in particularly the temples.

Need to decide whether now is the time to jump into the transplant game. been reading boards for a while thanks all; feedback appreciated.
    Really mild loss and great temple points. You could get an amazing result with a good hairline doctor like hair Rahal or Erdogan. You're suited for FUE because the loss is so mild. Any doctor would say you're a great candidate, you probably could do a really dense pack of 1800-2000 grafts and get it perfect.

Comment

• amisima
      • Feb 2017

You have very small problem and very dense hair, so it will be very nice (my opinion).
      I want to ask you something and sorry for changing the topic of your thread. You have used "propecia" for 10 years? How is your sex drive, any negative effects? I'm planning HT myself and I'm very scared of the prospect in using this drug. I've read some horror stories. Thanks.

Comment

• Vic
        • Apr 2014

You have a great head of hair. I'm 36 too. If I had your head of hair I wouldn't risk the chance of shock loss or damage to my existing hair line follicles with a hair transplant. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• DAVE52
          • Sep 2010

I wouldn't do anything
          You could cause more harm then be chasing your loss for the rest of your life

Comment

• tcacq
            • Mar 2017

I personally have never had any side effects.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by DAVE52
              I wouldn't do anything
              ^

Comment

• Louish
                • Aug 2015

You don't need a HT...

Comment

• NSix
                  • Dec 2014

is the risk of shock loss so great here that OP might be 'chasing [his] loss' for life?

Comment

• Sean
                    • Jan 2011

Woa

Dont try to fix what isnt broken. You definitely do not need a transplant. The situation may very well look a lot worse then now if you proceed. Hair transplant should be the last resort. A doctor, even a good rated one, can screw you up with all that native hair there. Especially, if they think unethically and try to push your result to be a showcase one. Just be careful. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...