X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RXC
    • Mar 2017

Uk - Looking For First System & Sylist

Hi Everyone,

I'm 23 and looking for my first system. I've done some extensive research about base type, length thickness, adhesive, etc. so my questions are more around the logistics of how to get started.

In summary I have been using Topix for a few months and although I do still have hair, I find myself unbelievably self conscious and will go to the bathroom 5 or 6 times a day just to check my hair. It's a real issue for me now and I believe a system is my answer.

A quick view into what I'll be looking to purchase:
    a) 1/2 Lace front with ultra thin mono base / silk base.
    b) 6 inches
    c) Virgin Remy Hair at medium/heavy thickness
    d) Bleached knots

Despite watching countless Youtube videos and reading multiple how to's, I still feel that my first system would be better to be fitted and styled by a stylist. - Ideally I'd like to purchase the system through them too, so I can be sure everything is right with my first, including colour.
    As I become more experienced, I hope to be able to do all of the fitting, styling etc. myself.

Here in lies the problem.
    Despite much research I can not find anyone in or near my area at a reasonable price... I have found a few salons averaging about £1000, which is way out of my budget and those gimmicky ones which charge around £150 per month.

I am based in the Cambridge area of the UK, any help on where to go and who you could recommend as a stylist would be unbelievably helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help and comments guys, I appreciate your guidance!
  • grincher
    • Apr 2014

As you know most clinics that supply and fit are charging a lot more than online supply and fit.

Im in the South East and I buy online and get referred to a salon in London or St Albans. All in its about £320 for a year.

Comment

• RXC
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by grincher
      As you know most clinics that supply and fit are charging a lot more than online supply and fit.

Im in the South East and I buy online and get referred to a salon in London or St Albans. All in its about £320 for a year.
      Woah, £320? I guess you have a mono base or something durable.

Where do you buy/get referred to?

Comment

• grincher
        • Apr 2014

Currently using Swiss Lace. French lace is even more durable.

I am into month 7 of my current piece. No visible colour change or shedding but I will keep eye on it. Last 3 units have lasted 14 months, 12 months and 12 months.

Comment

• tylerbose
          • Mar 2016

...Last 3 units have lasted 14 months, 12 months and 12 months.

http://www.ukhairsystems.com/

really impressive, i guess you don't live in a sunny area.

Comment

• cloudzero2006
            • Jul 2016

Grincher, Keen to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, how can we PM on here? Or can't we?

Comment

• grincher
              • Apr 2014

I think you need a minimum number of posts before you can access PMs. Can you post here or start a new thread?

Comment

• cloudzero2006
                • Jul 2016

I think you need a minimum number of posts before you can access PMs. Can you post here or start a new thread?
                I don't want to hijack, but I made a new thread in the non surgical hair replacement thread - appreciate it someone could help get me started on understanding how all this works!

Comment

• Candide
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloudzero2006
                  I don't want to hijack, but I made a new thread in the non surgical hair replacement thread - appreciate it someone could help get me started on understanding how all this works!
                  I am from the UK and have been wearing for a few years. I have left you a contact address on your other thread if you want to tap into my experience.

Comment

Working...