Chronic telogen effluvium and miniaturization - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Chronic telogen effluvium and miniaturization

Hi everyone,

I think I have a Chronic telogen effluvium.

I'm a 25 years old male, I lost 99,99999% of my hair because I took bad drugs during too long time at very high doses.
    o Prozac 40mg between 15 years old and 22 years old (2006-2014)
    o Risperidone 1,75mg between 8 years old and 22 years old (1999-2014)
    o Concerta 90mg between 8 years old and 22 years old (1999-2014)

I ceased all drug in march 2014, but side effects continued.

I lost my hair between approximately 2011-12-13 to today (it's difficult to see damage when TEC starts). All my scalp is affected: Hair loss diffuse, extreme miniaturization, dandruff, itching. I have just 0,00001% of my hair but the hair loss continued, miniaturization also and iching/dandruff also.

Also, I have Vitiligo. There is a possible correlation between Prozac and Vitiligo. On my scalp, I have 5 little white circles. More white than the rest of the scalp. Alopecia areta? Vitiligo? I don't know...

I really sure that it's not a androgenetic alopecia. All the members of my familly dies at 75-80 years old with Norwood 0. But I'm very affraid by possibility CTE starts Androgenetic Alopecia... but not my temples or vertex is more affected. All my scalp is uniformly affected. CTE + extreme miniaturization = Androgenetic Alopecia?

-I used Nizoral 2% + Fina 5mg 1/4 of pill during 1 years 3/4 (2014-2016) = NO RESULTS.
    -After, I stopped all treatment in summer 2016….. I was discouraged…
    -Since 2 december 2016, I tried again a new treatment (Minoxidil 5% foam + AGAIN nizoral 2%)… 12 march 2017 = NO RESULTS AGAIN…
    -I tried others treatment between 2014-2016: (t-gel, ratio-amcinonide, ratio-topisone, pramox, etc.).. no results.

My blood test for DHT, Iron, Ferritin, Thyroid glands: All is OK!

My questions are:
    o Do you think my baldness is irreversible?
    o Is extreme miniaturization possible in Chronic telogen effluvium?
    o What futur treatment will be effective for me? Follica, Jak inhibitors, Histogen, other(s)? I have not healthy hair. My 0,00001% of hair are all extremely miniaturized. So, I'm sure that Tsuji, hair transplant, Replicel, Hairclone, etc. will be not effective for me.
    o What the antidepressed and neuroleptics do? Permanent damage?
    o Is a biopsy required?

It's a nighmare for me. I had the same hair as Robert Charlebois. Since 2-3 years, I'm a monster.

Thank you very much!
    William

Can no one answer me? Please?

there is no research on CTE, scientists basically don't know anything about it.

Diffuse thinning runs in my family. My hair loss matches that more than pattern balding--keeping in mind that I'm a woman and diffuse thinning is more common in women, anyway. Yes, miniaturization can happen with diffuse thinning/CTE. It's how you go bald with it. Minoxidil and Nizoral reversed most of it alone for me. But I started treating it before it was severe. What you're describing doesn't sound like CTE, though. Sorry I can't help more.
    Last edited by LusciousLadyLocks; 03-26-2017 at 10:52 PM. Reason: can't type

I just created an account to read here and this was one of the first threads I came across. I believe I have chronic TE. I started using a herbal powder last year and a few months later i started noticing hair in the shower where there never was any before. I promptly ignored it. A few months later I noticed part of scalp was thinning and googled the powder I was taking and discovered many other people experienced hair loss from it. They stopped taking it and their shedding stopped within a few weeks. I stopped taking it at that time and here we are 10 months later and still shedding daily. Granted the 50 hairs in the shower every day have been reduced to around 10 nevertheless entire top section of the head is thin and the scalp coming thru. All family member in 70s-80s have full head of thick hair. Doctors telling me genetics. I would have more respect for them if they just tell me they are clueless and hand me back my co-pay. Actually I wold have ultimate respect for them if they don't even see patients experiencing hair loss and just admit they have no idea. Can;t even get an appointment with the eight different endocrinologists I called since I don't have a clinical diagnosis from another doctor and hair loss is not a medical problem according to them even though I all I asked for was to have hormones evaluated. All things considered I believe it is chronic TE but I don't think anyone even knows what chronic TE is I believe all the hair "experts" make it up as they go along and assign a made-up name like TE to something they read about in a textbook written by others that have no clue as to what they are talking about either. Yeah I know strong first post but I have seen and heard enough from medical school graduates over the years that I am able to see thru the smoke and mirrors they have surrounded themselves with.

Thank you very much for your reply GT02!

I have see 10-15 dermatologist between 2014-2016 and they are f*cking *ssholes. I understand you.

Do you see miniaturization of your hairs? Your hairloss is just on the top of the head of also in the crownd?

I am not even sure what miniaturization of the hairs means. I have done lots of reading over the last six months and I am not sure if any of the articles I have read can agree on what it is. I still have enough hair on my head that if there were "small hairs" then I cannot see them. And from a purely common sense perspective (something the two dermatologists i saw don't practice in) aren't miniature hairs a good thing? That would tell me there are new immature hairs coming in. I had one dermo tell me I have genetic alopecia vs TE. When asked why he said - because its over 6 months now and you are still shedding so common sense says its genetic alopecia. My response was - Yeah well common sense tells me not a soul in my family tree has experienced thinning hair and this started within two months after I started taking a herbal supplement and other people on the herb experienced hair loss therefore its not alopecia its drug-induced.

My thinning "looks" like it is on the entire top right from the very front back to the crown evenly. But I cut my own hair and I keep the sides and back shaved pretty tight with a #2 blade not so you can see my skin but pretty close. Therefore if I am shedding on the sides and the back I cannot easily tell. But when i run my hand across the sides and back I feel like i have less hair though I cannot be certain. All the hair in the shower is long hair although much thinner than it used to be.

I believe for now the thinning is entire top front center and back. They say this can be indicative of TE but have also seen people say this is indicative of MPB. Once again, no one knows what they are talking about.

You stated you have lost 99.99% of you hair? If this is true and you are trying to restore it I am not sure that has ever been done. Not trying to discourage you but I have lost maybe 1/3 of hair on top of my head over last 8 months and if it continues I will shave entire head in the next couple of months. I would rather go chrome dome than walk around with thinning hair. That's just me. I don't have the time or energy to worry about this on a daily basis.

If no one in your family either side has hair loss issues and you do i would say its not genetics its something you caused. They told me my family must carry the baldness gene but I am the first one in the last 100 years to trip the gene and experience the hair loss. I call bull$hit. I believe if no one else in the family had it then you/I caused it. Question is can it be reversed? I have done some reading that says the hair follicles become damaged in certain situations and cannot regrow hair. I think that is the big question.