+ Reply to Thread

Default How is your Memory on Finasterid?

So... I'm starting to get worried.
    I've been on Finasterid for about 4 months, I take about 0.33 mg/day. (1/3 1 mg pill)

My memory and cognitive function is currently very bad. I've always had full controll of everything, very fast responsive brain and now I just feel slow and yeah... Trouble rememebering my last couple of days.

I can't recall being this way. When I see something, I usually understand how it works right away (something mechanic or whatever) and now my brain is just in freeze mode. Same with calculating math in my head, usually never a problem. Now it just takes a really long time.

So far it has not been bothering me in my real life, it's still functional but I'm really worried, especially about my memory being so bad. I want to rememeber what happened at work few days earlier, some specific problems etc. Now I don't.

I don't have any sorts of other sexual problems, I can have sex plenty of times per day. I'd say it's almost higher now...

https://selfhacked.com/2016/06/09/hi...crease-reduce/
    Here it says "memory and cognitive function can increase with DHT" so lack of DHT = worse...

I'm only 26 btw. So I should have good memory...
    So... How is it for you guys?

I actually posted something similar a while back, but when I look back on it I think it has more to do with how I feel mentally. I find that I am constantly thinking about work, being stressed, etc, and I personally feel that it can make it much harder for me to concentrate and recall things. Meditation could help. Are you under a lot of mental stress?

Quote Originally Posted by WantToStartFinasterid View Post
    So... I'm starting to get worried.
    I've been on Finasterid for about 4 months, I take about 0.33 mg/day. (1/3 1 mg pill)

My memory and cognitive function is currently very bad. I've always had full controll of everything, very fast responsive brain and now I just feel slow and yeah... Trouble rememebering my last couple of days.

I can't recall being this way. When I see something, I usually understand how it works right away (something mechanic or whatever) and now my brain is just in freeze mode. Same with calculating math in my head, usually never a problem. Now it just takes a really long time.

So far it has not been bothering me in my real life, it's still functional but I'm really worried, especially about my memory being so bad. I want to rememeber what happened at work few days earlier, some specific problems etc. Now I don't.

I don't have any sorts of other sexual problems, I can have sex plenty of times per day. I'd say it's almost higher now...

https://selfhacked.com/2016/06/09/hi...crease-reduce/
    Here it says "memory and cognitive function can increase with DHT" so lack of DHT = worse...

I'm only 26 btw. So I should have good memory...
    So... How is it for you guys?
    Your experience is definitely one of the rare ones, but I'd get the hell off the drug and forget about it for good with that level of problems after 4 months.