Lighting, Cowlicks, Thinning - Treatment?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diony
    • Mar 2017

Lighting, Cowlicks, Thinning - Treatment?

Hi everyone - new member and looking for a bit of advice...

Have been stressing about hair loss at the crown for some 6 months now (I know, this is sounding like an incredibly familiar story already).

Have heard mixed reviews from friends and family. Most saying it is barely noticeable.

And in some lighting my hair isn't all that bad. Yet in other lighting... It really is (to my eye at least).

I know you guys are probably better equipped than them to tell me what's going on, so have uploaded pictures with flash or bright light going straight onto crown.

I kinda know it is thinning - but what do you think is the best course of action (treatment)?

Only 25 and definitely worried about all the Propecia side-effect talk.

Any advice very welcome.

And to add context: hairline is at mature stage. Barely noticeable.

Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	482138Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	482139
    Attached Files
  • robincurtz
    • Jan 2015

Immediately start taking finasteride and if doesn't work try 1 mg dutasteride daily. There is 99% chance that you will regrow your hair and maintain it. Best wishes.. Good luck!

Comment

• Diony
      • Mar 2017

Thanks - opinions on the sides?

Presumably you're 100% certain that this is MPB from the pictures then?

Comment

• Diony
        • Mar 2017

And also, definitely not minox?

Comment

• Louish
          • Aug 2015

You cowlick isn't twisting so it creates a bigger hole than most people since all hair are split in 4 directions instead of selfcovering by the twist angle. Don't start using drugs based on the advices of a bunch of obsessed retards...Cheers

Comment

• Diony
            • Mar 2017

Thank you for your opinion - really appreciate it.

You don't think it would be worth using minox then? Or would that just make things worse?

Comment

• Louish
              • Aug 2015

Minox is garbage and I don't see signs that you are actually thinning from this picture, you only seem to be unlucky on the cowlick side, nothing will help with that except concealer if it really bothers you. How is your hairline?

Comment

• Diony
                • Mar 2017

It has been bothering me for a while - some lights make it seem much worse.

And hairline is good - very slight recession but has been about that way since 18/19. Have MPB in the family so perhaps why I'm hyper aware.

Thanks for the opinion on Minox as well.

Have been toying with treatments for a while - but it's a real commitment you know? Not to mention potentially dangerous...

Comment

• Louish
                  • Aug 2015

Fina is way worse on the negative but mostly works. How old are you? It is possible that you are slowly thinning on the crown and the cowlick make it look worse. Not smoking, very low alcohol/drugs consumption and supplementing in vit/minerals will all help slowing the process. The more abuse you put on your body the faster hair will go.

Comment

• Diony
                    • Mar 2017

I'm 25.

That's all strong advice - cheers. I do smoke (trying to quit).

And, admittedly, I could probably drink less.

Any vit/mins you know are good?

Comment

• Louish
                      • Aug 2015

Food nowadays contain a fraction of the nutrient it used to so pretty much everything. Just be careful not to abuse minerals and fat soluble vitamins since they all build up in your system. In case of doubt less is safer. Food is really a long and complex topic.

Comment

Working...