+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant at 24

Hi all. I am experiencing a receding hairline. At the moment, it is not as bad but it's progressing slowly. A doc told me I am likely a NW2-3a. Here are some pictures of my current hairline: http://imgur.com/a/c97oE

I was born with a high and wide forehead which makes my face disproportionate to begin with. With a receding hairline, I wish to lower my hairline to make my forehead smaller.

However, I am highly likely to suffer from MPB at later stages of my life. My dad is 56 and is a NW5-6, type A variant. Apparently, type A variant runs in the family. My uncles and paternal granddad went bald the same way.

Thus, my question is whether it would be feasible for me to proceed on the assumption that I will hit a NW5-6 later in my life and do a hair transplant now to lower my hairline, and filling it up as I bald through my years? I went to a doctor who did an assessment of my donor and commented that he can easily get 4000 grafts.

Some input will be helpful, thanks!

I wouldn't do anything now and I would not lower it

Quote Originally Posted by jcloss92 View Post
    Hi all. I am experiencing a receding hairline. At the moment, it is not as bad but it's progressing slowly. A doc told me I am likely a NW2-3a. Here are some pictures of my current hairline: http://imgur.com/a/c97oE

I was born with a high and wide forehead which makes my face disproportionate to begin with. With a receding hairline, I wish to lower my hairline to make my forehead smaller.

However, I am highly likely to suffer from MPB at later stages of my life. My dad is 56 and is a NW5-6, type A variant. Apparently, type A variant runs in the family. My uncles and paternal granddad went bald the same way.

Thus, my question is whether it would be feasible for me to proceed on the assumption that I will hit a NW5-6 later in my life and do a hair transplant now to lower my hairline, and filling it up as I bald through my years? I went to a doctor who did an assessment of my donor and commented that he can easily get 4000 grafts.

Some input will be helpful, thanks!
    You're a norwood 1.5 if anything, not even close to a 3, but I know what you mean about how the high and wide forehead can make this an issue.

I think you should get an FUE procedure with a high quality doctor like Koray Erdogan but getting on propecia is a MUST. You'd probably only need 2000 grafts. But definitely get on propecia prior to a transplant.

Dang, I wish my situation was still as good as yours...

I would advise against it. You have an excellent head of hair, and you're young so time is on your side. I'd wait and see how things play out for the next few years if I were you.

Getting a HT now and you might 'cause more damage and then spend the rest of your life chasing your hair loss. Leave it alone . Go out and enjoy yourself

Run, run away from anyone that says they can get 4000 grafts for you for your "problem". Your hairline is what most patients dream of achieving FROM having a hair transplant. You're only setting yourself up for more surgeries in the future due to your family history. If you start with preventative meds such as Rogaine and/or Propecia you have a good chance of not having much or any more loss. It's not a guarantee, but it is a strong possibility. If it doesn't work for you then you'll know that having a hair transplant for your current condition would have been a bad idea.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors