+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE with Dr Ekrem Civas 3100 grafts 1 week

Hi

Its been a week since I had my FUE procedure with Dr Civas at his clinc in Ankara.

Having researched the options available for a year I decided to go ahead with Dr Civas having read the positive reviews.

As soon as I had completed the online consultation on the 19th of February I was contacted by Patricia via email on the 20th of February, who outlined the process and explained what Dr Civas thought was possible.

The email was comprehensive and outlined the cost, number of grafts required (as an estimate) and details on the package they offered (3 nights at a local boutique hotel - Koza suite, medications, pick up and drop off at the airport). The communication I thought was fantastic as I had a lot of questions! However, they were all answered straight away.

I was given a few dates incliding 2 cancellations which were in 7 days time (28th February and 1st March). I decided to go ahead with the 28th and Patricia was very helpful again with making the necessary arrangements. I wanted to stay an additional 2 days so that I would have the extra healing time and asked if they could arrange this with the hotel. Patricia was helpful and the hotel was booked for 6 nights ( I would have to pay the additional 3 nights).

I was sent over details on the procedure, post op care, sights to see in Ankara and details on the driver who would be picking me up.

I flew out on the 26th and as soon as I landed in Ankara I was messaged by the driver letting me know he was waiting outside with a card that had the clinic name and my name.

The driver was very good and on the way to the hotel gave me a brief background on the town.

The hotel was fantastic, clean and the staff helpfully. The room was spacious and very modern.

The next day Patricia called me and asked what time I would like to come in to see Dr Civas. I walked to the clinic as it was only 5 mins round the corner.

I was greated by Patricia who made me feel welcomed and went through my medical history while I waited for Dr Civas.

When i met Dr Civas for the consultation he was very polite, well spoken and professional. He answered a few questions I had in regards to the procedure and made me feel at ease. Dr Civas chexked my doar area and then drew the hairline and asked if I was happy he also explained what would happen the next day. I was extremely happy and left feeling good.

On the day of the procedure I had a hearty breakfast and arrived at 8:15. I was taken to have my head shaved and was given some antibiotics. A few pictures were taken of my head and I was then taken to have a blood pressure test.

Dr Civas arrived and drew the hairline and started the procedure. The initial few injections were uncomfortable, however, once the anesthesia kicked in I couldn't feel anything!

Dr Civas started the extraction and checked the quality of the grafts. I would say he did about 30% of the extraction with his 2 nurses taking over. Dr Civas remained in the room checking on the progress. The nurses were fantastic and I even fell asleep! The extraction took around 4 hours a little longer then normal I was told but nothing to worry about. I was given lunch which was nice and had a short break.

Dr Civas then took me back into the operating room and gave me anesthesia for the front. He started to make the incisions for the grafts and again I couldn't feel anything. Dr Civas started the insertions of grafts and the nurse then took over. Again Dr Civas would check up and also top up the anesthesia when needed. I watched a movie during this part and had a short 5 min break to stretch my legs.

Once the procedure was over I was bandaged up and was met by Patricia who gave me a snack to eat. Dr Civas then went through the post op care and I was given a print out of what meds to take on on what day. Dr CIVAS ordered me a cab and I was taken back to the hotel by one of the nurses.

The next day I went back for my first wash ( which slightly stung due to the tiny holes) and have pictures taken of the result. Dr Civas wasnt available due to an emergency however, Patricia made an appointment to see him the next day. Patricia even ordered me a special dinner at the hotel as I'm vegetarian!

The next day Dr Civas saw me and said everything had gone well. He ordered me pizza for dinner which was really good!

Over the next few days I met with Dr Civas and to have my hair washed which was nice.

Overall I'm very happy with the procure I had and found the clinic to be accommodating, helpful and professional. They helped me with my dietary requirements leasing with the hotel and even ordering food for me from local restaurants. Dr Civas and his team were fantastic!

I've been back in London for a week now and everything is going well. Patricia has been in touching asking about my progress and if I have anymore questions.

For now all is well the doner is healing nicely and just waiting for the crusts to fall off.

Pic to follow as have to resize them for the upload

hey can you provide an update on your experience? I have my appointment in a few weeks hence the question

Quote Originally Posted by ph0 View Post
    hey can you provide an update on your experience? I have my appointment in a few weeks hence the question
    Hi

It's been well over a year now and the results were disappointing!

After shedding the grafts the hair started to grow back but it was very patchy. I had a thick ring around the front and then nothing behind the hairline.

I sent monthly updates to the clinic and they said it would be fine. After 8 months I finally confronted them and they replied saying I handy told them about patchy hair growth!

Patricia rhinos just a receptionist replies to all the emails and she was awful. She never acknowled the emails I sent her previously outlining my concerns with the hair growth and when I asked for a partial refund she said no.

I went to other clinics in Harley st London and they all conformed the transplant was done incorrectly.

Please don't waste your time with this clinic.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you speak on the type of operation you got, was it manual grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by ph0 View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you speak on the type of operation you got, was it manual grafting?
    Hi

Yes it was manual grafting. Dr Ekrem only performed the initial removal and insertion, the nurses did the rest.

The clinic is above a domino pizza restaurant and the operating theatre is in the basement.

I was disappointed that they ignored the factvtgat I had told them.so many times the 're growth was patchy and something was wrong. They still have not got back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashw View Post
    Hi

It's been well over a year now and the results were disappointing!

After shedding the grafts the hair started to grow back but it was very patchy. I had a thick ring around the front and then nothing behind the hairline.

I sent monthly updates to the clinic and they said it would be fine. After 8 months I finally confronted them and they replied saying I handy told them about patchy hair growth!

Patricia rhinos just a receptionist replies to all the emails and she was awful. She never acknowled the emails I sent her previously outlining my concerns with the hair growth and when I asked for a partial refund she said no.

I went to other clinics in Harley st London and they all conformed the transplant was done incorrectly.

Please don't waste your time with this clinic.
    Thank you he was one of my choices actually the most expensive one !!

Hi @ashw are you still unhappy with your hair transplants with Dr. Civas ! im thinking to have a hair transplant with him ?

Do you have some photos to share? I was in touch with him and he has relevant qualifications, so definitely in my shortlist, but your feedback left me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Do you have some photos to share? I was in touch with him and he has relevant qualifications, so definitely in my shortlist, but your feedback left me confused.
    Hi oyster, can you share your short list ? that we can discuss it .. Dr Civas in on the top of my shortlist .. but i got confued too with this feed back .. here is my shortlist by priority ..

Ekrem Civas, MD
    Tayfun Oguzoglu, MD
    aek ali emre
    Koray Erdogan, MD ASMED Hair Restoration
    Dr. Yaman

film Great results from Civas Hair Transplant

A friend of mine recommended me to Civas Hair Transplant Clinic he showed me his results and told me about his wonderful experience so l also decided that l need to share this.
    I consulted the clinic and was advised that l have a poor donor area area but l am a good candidate for hair transplant, l was told that the surgery will not cover my whole head but it will cover my hairline and frontal. I much appreciated the honesty because the other clinics l was talking to didn’t give me all this information. I booked the nearest dates for surgery.
    I am glad to say that the reason l don’t have a full head is because my donor area was poor and not because of the doctor. Doctor Ekrem Civas is a wonderful doctor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CD978357-470A-4D12-A90E-A65FB74AF819.jpg

Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	69224