Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peaches22724
    • Apr 2010

Crusting 3 months post op

Does anybody have any experience with crusting and dry flaky skin in the recipient area at around 3 months post op? If not can anyone explain why this might be happening. Second procedure and I don't recall this happening during the first. I believe I'm starting to sprout but am not sure.

FYI- I don't think I've had any sunburn, although I have had some sun exposure.

Anyhow, I'm just trying to find out whether this is normal or abnormal?

Thanks,
  • Delphi
    • Mar 2009

I haven't had any personal experience with this but it could be as simple as extremely dry skin. Did the scar ooze or was it ever infected?

Comment

• Plum
      • Jan 2009

While I can't say that it is abnormal to have crusting at 3 months, I would say that it is unusual. Crusts are usually gone within the first couple of weeks following a transplant.

What kind of post-op instructions had you been given? Have you had any period of time following this second surgery that you did not have crusts but they came back? Are you using any kind of harsh shampoos on your hair?

Comment

• peaches22724
        • Apr 2010

To be honest, it is just chunks of dry skin, not really crusting. Would it be normal to develop more dry skin than normal as the new grafts sprout.

I guess I'm just a little worried that the little sun exposure I did get some how cause this problem, and I don't know if I need to worry about graft loss.

I phrased the question like I did because I didn't want some generalist A-hole to lecture me on sun exposure or tell me to "see my doctor."

Comment

Working...