+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting topical Finesteride

I've been experiencing Hair Loss since around 3 years when i was 18. Started using Minoxidil 5% and Ketoconazole since 2.5 years. My hairloss got worse overtime, especially these past few months, so now I've been prescribed a topical 0.1% Finesteride + minoxidil 5% once daily, and another topical solution called Redenser (which contains Dihydroquercetin Glucoside; here's a study regarding this:http://www.scconline.org/wp-content/...10/Lefevre.pdf).

I just hope I'm lucky(which i haven't been so far regarding my Hair Loss treatment), regrow quite a lot of my hair considering i'm young and don't get side effects since a very little percentage of the applied finesteride goes into systemic circulation.

Okay. So before I started this regimen, I tried a supplement containing Saw Palmetto(160 mg) and vitamins a couple of days ago. 1-2 days later my scalp itched a lot and I shed loads of hairs. i only took 2 of these capsules and stopped. Then just the day before I started topical finesteride (which was yesterday), my left testicle started to achea bit, and it still is right now. I don't know what caused it, but my only possible explanation would be Saw Palmetto since it (most likely) caused the shed and there's no other reason why my testis would hurt AND this herb is known to contain DHT-blocking substances.

Before this, I've always been reluctant to use finesteride because of fear of side effects. Now that I'm desperate, I felt like i just had to give it a try but I am scared sh*tless especially because of this testicle ache.
    Someone help me out here a bit:
    Should i get my hormones checked now just in case (as a comparison I might use after a few months)?
    0.1% finesteride in 1ml solution is equivalent to 1mg. Should I mix some more minoxidil to this solution to dilute it a bit since I want to do the tapering method?
    Is there any initial side effects from finesteride i should know about?
    I am very worried, and would appreciate some feedback

bump