+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I Feel Like I'm Running Out Of Options Guys? What Should I Do?

So I'm curious what I should do guys. I'm 29 years old and took Finasteride for almost a year and ended it about a month ago. The sexual side effects seemed to be slowly getting worse, and worse over time. Nothing sudden, and nothing that I feel "ruined" my life, but things kept getting worse where orgasms were not very pleasurable at all. I'm not completely bald, but my hair is slowly starting to fade away which Finasteride did successfully stop in its tracks while I was taking it.

I have stopped taking it, and after a month I can't believe the difference. Things finally feel normal again in terms of arousal, pleasure from orgasm etc. The only thing that's not normal is of course my hair is now starting to fall out again.

I've been seriously contemplating using RU58841. Then I started reading online that this has a potential to cause potential heart damage (no joke). Since it's experimental, we really don't have any idea what this might do long term. What does that leave? Not a lot. I've considered trying to start Finasteride again, but I know it's going to reduce my sex life down again. This is unfortunately a bad dilemma. I'm wondering if anyone here has any advice for me? I really appreciate that.

I'm currently 21 years old, on finasteride/minox since 17, and I'm a diffuse thinner. Every case is a different but there's a lot of people who have it worse than you and me. I don't really know what we can do, I started thinking about the possibility of wearing a hair piece in the near future, but when I told my dad about it he completly ignored it as If I was craz.. Great support ftw..

Anyway back to your topic, other than meds, all we have left is hair pieces and transplants, I can't have those due to lack of support and being quite young but maybe you can (idk how bad your condition is). In my case, I'd rather take some side-effects than risk losing my hair in a shorter period of time. You can't have the best of both worlds sadly, so it's kinda up to you to decide mate :/ Hopefully it works out for you.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by coderz View Post
    So I'm curious what I should do guys. I'm 29 years old and took Finasteride for almost a year and ended it about a month ago. The sexual side effects seemed to be slowly getting worse, and worse over time. Nothing sudden, and nothing that I feel "ruined" my life, but things kept getting worse where orgasms were not very pleasurable at all. I'm not completely bald, but my hair is slowly starting to fade away which Finasteride did successfully stop in its tracks while I was taking it.

I have stopped taking it, and after a month I can't believe the difference. Things finally feel normal again in terms of arousal, pleasure from orgasm etc. The only thing that's not normal is of course my hair is now starting to fall out again.

I've been seriously contemplating using RU58841. Then I started reading online that this has a potential to cause potential heart damage (no joke). Since it's experimental, we really don't have any idea what this might do long term. What does that leave? Not a lot. I've considered trying to start Finasteride again, but I know it's going to reduce my sex life down again. This is unfortunately a bad dilemma. I'm wondering if anyone here has any advice for me? I really appreciate that.
    Drop it back to 0.25mg of fin. Worked for me and got rid of sides. Also get on a good minox with azelaic acid like Lipogaine, a good keto shampoo like Regenepure and add a cheap laser helmet from China.

Don't give up on fin without trying 0.25mg

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Drop it back to 0.25mg of fin. Worked for me and got rid of sides. Also get on a good minox with azelaic acid like Lipogaine, a good keto shampoo like Regenepure and add a cheap laser helmet from China.

Don't give up on fin without trying 0.25mg
    What sides did you get? Did they go away once you did quarters?

You guys might be right on this. I didn't think to try that. I was prescribed proscar which is 5MG so .25 mg of that pill wouldn't be much at all 1/20th the size actually which I couldn't even cut it that small.

Quote Originally Posted by coderz View Post
    You guys might be right on this. I didn't think to try that. I was prescribed proscar which is 5MG so .25 mg of that pill wouldn't be much at all 1/20th the size actually which I couldn't even cut it that small.
    Get a prescription for finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    What sides did you get? Did they go away once you did quarters?
    Low libido and anxiety on 1mg. When I moved to 0.25mg I no longer get any sides.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Low libido and anxiety on 1mg. When I moved to 0.25mg I no longer get any sides.
    Proscar is Finasteride (same active ingredient as propecia). I will just have to cut the pills super super small lol

I've been reading that nettle root is a decent DHT inhibitor, without the sides. It comes with some good side effects instead of bad actually. But this is all alleged. I haven't seen any case studies or anything

Quote Originally Posted by TankbarkBells View Post
    I've been reading that nettle root is a decent DHT inhibitor, without the sides. It comes with some good side effects instead of bad actually. But this is all alleged. I haven't seen any case studies or anything
    Don't bother. You'll realise in time that natural DHT blocking costs 10 times that of a years supply of finasteride, and that finasteride has about a 3% chance of sides. Just take finasteride.