Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcloss92
    • Mar 2017

24 years old, am I balding?

Hi all. 24 M - Asian. Family history of MPB (Paternal). Dad is 56, NW5.

It started with a hole in my hairline on the left temple. Then I started noticing more strands of hair falling out while shampooing and while styling my hair. On certain days, I will find 10-15 strands of hair in the lather on my hand after shampooing (pretty sure there are more that just get rinsed down the drain). When styling my hair, I usually drop another 5 strands. I can also feel my entire head of hair getting thinner.

Album shows photos now after coming out of the shower with a comparison photo of my hairline from 3 years back.

My questions are:
    • How many strands do I have to shed for me to be considered shedding?
    • Am I suffering from MPB? Or is this regular maturing hairline?

Another factor to note is that I changed my hairstyle roughly 9 months ago; started combing my hair up into a pompadour. Could my hair loss be caused by me combing my hair up?

Getting really paranoid. Friends and family say I look fine. But I feel like the balding is quite noticeable.
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by jcloss92

It started with a hole in my hairline on the left temple. Then I started noticing more strands of hair falling out while shampooing and while styling my hair. On certain days, I will find 10-15 strands of hair in the lather on my hand after shampooing (pretty sure there are more that just get rinsed down the drain). When styling my hair, I usually drop another 5 strands. I can also feel my entire head of hair getting thinner.

Album shows photos now after coming out of the shower with a comparison photo of my hairline from 3 years back.

My questions are:

Another factor to note is that I changed my hairstyle roughly 9 months ago; started combing my hair up into a pompadour. Could my hair loss be caused by me combing my hair up?

Getting really paranoid. Friends and family say I look fine. But I feel like the balding is quite noticeable.
    It's normal to lose between sixty and one hundred hairs a day. Your hair looks like it's in good shape. There doesn't
    seem to be any temple recession.

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jcloss92

My questions are:

Can't be sure because of the wet hair but I think you might have Androgenic Alopecia. Go see a dermatologist

Comment

• jcloss92
        • Mar 2017

Here are some images of my hair after it has dried. My hair is very long now so it gives the illusion that i have thick hair but it's actually significantly thinner than it used to be.

Also, I've heard of another condition called telogen effluvium. How do you differentiate telogen effluvium from male pattern baldness?

Comment

• Rizaan
          • Dec 2014

You want me honest opinion? I think you have Androgenic Alopecia, but you should go see a dermatologist to be sure.
          I don't know much about Telogen Effluvium, but if you have that then you lose hair from all over your scalp and not like the MPB.

Comment

Working...