+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BTW, what do you think of PRP? I know it's unproven but a lot of people have gotten positive results.
    If I were to get a Hair Transplant, I could ask the surgeon to treat my head like a bald one and plant the grafts in my front and and midscalp sections in between my existing hairs. Then what is the possibility I'll lose my existing hair from shockloss while on finesteride?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    BTW, what do you think of PRP? I know it's unproven but a lot of people have gotten positive results.
    If I were to get a Hair Transplant, I could ask the surgeon to treat my head like a bald one and plant the grafts in my front and and midscalp sections in between my existing hairs. Then what is the possibility I'll lose my existing hair from shockloss while on finesteride?
    Bad idea. Fix the areas that actually need it, don't waste grafts like that, it's stupid. And yes 100% you will get shock loss and potentially lower your graft survival rate.

Be careful what you do, you don't want to end up like the attached and then not have enough to fix it

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...eads-McLean-VA

Yeah, you guys are right,but I might just get PRP done since my doctor said he's done it on a lot of patients and they've had positive results

Hi Rizaan,

I have been reading your posts, and I am NOT unsympathetic to your situation. I started to lose my hair when I was 16. One contributor to hair loss is STRESS. You mention lots of diffuse thinning, this is a good indicator that MAYBE (I am NOT a doctor) due to stress, besides the MPB that you are experiencing.

You appear to be investing a HUGE amount of time, effort and worry about your hair. I am not telling you NOT to try to do something about it. I, personally dealt with it by shaving it off (at age 30). I stopped worrying about going bald. Dealt with other issues in my life.

I will tell you that being bald/shaved never stopped me from getting a job, getting a date, getting sex, or anything else. That may NOT be the route for you, or at least for now.

What I can say is that you really should try and be calmer about this. The stress is not good for your hair or your heart (stress hormones are very dangerous http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20046037).

The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Hi Rizaan,The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    You should get on propecia and get a transplant for the bald areas. That is your only solution. Don't listen to the idiots telling you to shave it and ruin your life.

About 3 days after taking the last capsule of this wretched Saw palmetto supplement, my left testis and pubic region started to ache. It's still aching 5 days later and I don't know what to do. I also started topical finesteride 4 days ago and apply EOD. Maybe I should stay off the finesteride and wait till the pain is over?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Hi Rizaan,

I have been reading your posts, and I am NOT unsympathetic to your situation. I started to lose my hair when I was 16. One contributor to hair loss is STRESS. You mention lots of diffuse thinning, this is a good indicator that MAYBE (I am NOT a doctor) due to stress, besides the MPB that you are experiencing.

You appear to be investing a HUGE amount of time, effort and worry about your hair. I am not telling you NOT to try to do something about it. I, personally dealt with it by shaving it off (at age 30). I stopped worrying about going bald. Dealt with other issues in my life.

I will tell you that being bald/shaved never stopped me from getting a job, getting a date, getting sex, or anything else. That may NOT be the route for you, or at least for now.

What I can say is that you really should try and be calmer about this. The stress is not good for your hair or your heart (stress hormones are very dangerous http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20046037).

The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!
    I just can't help NOT being stressed about my hairloss. This is the worst thing that has happened to me yet and it is ruining my life, especially the social aspect. I won't try any of these natural 'DHT blockers' anymore after this very unpleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    You should get on propecia and get a transplant for the bald areas. That is your only solution. Don't listen to the idiots telling you to shave it and ruin your life.
    Another wonderful suggestion