Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rizaan
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HTsoon
    It was just as I suspected, you indeed have diffuse loss, the least of your worries is your hairline, as you can see the entire top of your scalp is miniaturizing, if you were to do your hairline, you could possibly shock the rest of the thinning hairs out, you'd be left with a hairline and nothing else behind it, needless to say that would not look like a natural balding pattern.

IMO you can either take finasteride and risk the side effects, it could possibly thicken everything up considerably, then wait a few years until you're closer to 25 and get an HT, or you could skip the finasteride and get a hair system that blends in with your sides, those are your choices, getting an HT now with this level of hair loss at your age with no finasteride would be a DISASTER!! DO NOT DO IT!! Trust me being bald is nothing compared to an obvious looking transplant that will leave you looking like a freak.

I really suggest looking in to the hair systems, its your best alternative, although finasteride could work for you, if you don't want to risk side effects then a hair system is the way to go, no side effects no surgical scars, an immediate solution all of these things are big pros for your situation.
    My entire scalp hair is not miniaturizing, I'm just losing more hair from all over, over the past couple of months (although I do see miniaturized hairs coming out too). Before that no one could tell I had HL. I went to a general physician last year for a check up and told him I use minoxidil. He told me my hair looks fine and I could just have a mature hairline! He had had a hair transplant himself (it didnt look good tbh, was very less densely packed but better than being bald). But my hair has gotten so much worse now.

Anyway, the hair around my temples has always had the miniaturized look ever since minoxidil came into effect 2 years ago. In fact, if those were to become terminal hairs somehow, I'd become a NW1 OR 0.5 since I still have tiny vellus hairs on my temples. Since the possibility of me turning bald could not be far off from now, I'm seriously considering Finesteride despite being reluctant to use it for so long. My only concern is if I stop taking it I will lose any hairs it helped grow. Do you take finesteride? I'm just scared I might get side effects in the long term like a lot of users report here, even ones with post finesteride syndrome.

I don't know where to get a hair system from in India. In the meantime, I'm planning on using a concealer. What do you think of those?

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

Also, what is the name of the type of hairloss I have? Male pattern baldness + loss of hair from all over the scalp

Comment

• HTsoon
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Rizaan
        Also, what is the name of the type of hairloss I have? Male pattern baldness + loss of hair from all over the scalp
        You are a diffused Norwood 6, it's the same hair loss pattern I had, yours seems to be progressing very quickly, your prediction of being completely bald in a few years is highly likely, unless you act now and get on fin I think it is inevitable it's gone in a few years. You have a choice to make risk the finasteride and side effects, or get a hair system.

With that being said if you're interested in hair systems you can always try it, here is one location in Mumbai and Delhi

Richard Farrell, owner of Farrell Hair Replacement announced today the grand opening of Farrell Hair Mumbai, A hair fixing studio designed specifically for the health and style conscience people in Mumbai. Farrell Hair Replacement, a global leader in hair fixing, partnered with India based company Ozzone to open it newest hair fixing salon in Mumbai. […]

Comment

• alexbfr
          • Feb 2017

seems pretty extreme of a reaction...probably want to check with a physician or something about that actually

Comment

• Rizaan
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HTsoon
            You are a diffused Norwood 6, it's the same hair loss pattern I had, yours seems to be progressing very quickly, your prediction of being completely bald in a few years is highly likely, unless you act now and get on fin I think it is inevitable it's gone in a few years. You have a choice to make risk the finasteride and side effects, or get a hair system.

With that being said if you're interested in hair systems you can always try it, here is one location in Mumbai and Delhi

http://farrellhair.com/farrell-hair-...n-mumbai-india
            A diffused Norwood 6? Holy sh*T. I don't think it's that extreme, most people can't even tell I have diffuse hair loss when my hair is a bit longer and styled to the right a bit. I am going to a dermatologist today.
            Do you take finesteride? Did you start before or after your HT?
            What do you think of hair conealers? Please answer

Comment

• Rizaan
              • Dec 2014

BTW, what do you think of PRP? I know it's unproven but a lot of people have gotten positive results.
              If I were to get a Hair Transplant, I could ask the surgeon to treat my head like a bald one and plant the grafts in my front and and midscalp sections in between my existing hairs. Then what is the possibility I'll lose my existing hair from shockloss while on finesteride?

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                • Nov 2016

BTW, what do you think of PRP? I know it's unproven but a lot of people have gotten positive results.
                If I were to get a Hair Transplant, I could ask the surgeon to treat my head like a bald one and plant the grafts in my front and and midscalp sections in between my existing hairs. Then what is the possibility I'll lose my existing hair from shockloss while on finesteride?
                Bad idea. Fix the areas that actually need it, don't waste grafts like that, it's stupid. And yes 100% you will get shock loss and potentially lower your graft survival rate.

Comment

• DAVE52
                  • Sep 2010

Be careful what you do, you don't want to end up like the attached and then not have enough to fix it

This video discusses a very challenging guy who came in for a consultation, with very little hair or options. And a similar guy with enough hair to work on a repair plan. Bottom line. Do your research and plan for the future! Dr. Lindsey McLean VA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXTSGMSwyM http://www.youtube

Comment

• Rizaan
                    • Dec 2014

Yeah, you guys are right,but I might just get PRP done since my doctor said he's done it on a lot of patients and they've had positive results

Comment

• BaldBearded
                      • Jan 2017

Hi Rizaan,

I have been reading your posts, and I am NOT unsympathetic to your situation. I started to lose my hair when I was 16. One contributor to hair loss is STRESS. You mention lots of diffuse thinning, this is a good indicator that MAYBE (I am NOT a doctor) due to stress, besides the MPB that you are experiencing.

You appear to be investing a HUGE amount of time, effort and worry about your hair. I am not telling you NOT to try to do something about it. I, personally dealt with it by shaving it off (at age 30). I stopped worrying about going bald. Dealt with other issues in my life.

I will tell you that being bald/shaved never stopped me from getting a job, getting a date, getting sex, or anything else. That may NOT be the route for you, or at least for now.

What I can say is that you really should try and be calmer about this. The stress is not good for your hair or your heart (stress hormones are very dangerous http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20046037).

The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

• DAVE52
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BaldBearded
                        Hi Rizaan,The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                          • Nov 2016

You should get on propecia and get a transplant for the bald areas. That is your only solution. Don't listen to the idiots telling you to shave it and ruin your life.

Comment

• Rizaan
                            • Dec 2014

About 3 days after taking the last capsule of this wretched Saw palmetto supplement, my left testis and pubic region started to ache. It's still aching 5 days later and I don't know what to do. I also started topical finesteride 4 days ago and apply EOD. Maybe I should stay off the finesteride and wait till the pain is over?

Comment

• Rizaan
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by BaldBearded
                              Hi Rizaan,

I have been reading your posts, and I am NOT unsympathetic to your situation. I started to lose my hair when I was 16. One contributor to hair loss is STRESS. You mention lots of diffuse thinning, this is a good indicator that MAYBE (I am NOT a doctor) due to stress, besides the MPB that you are experiencing.

You appear to be investing a HUGE amount of time, effort and worry about your hair. I am not telling you NOT to try to do something about it. I, personally dealt with it by shaving it off (at age 30). I stopped worrying about going bald. Dealt with other issues in my life.

I will tell you that being bald/shaved never stopped me from getting a job, getting a date, getting sex, or anything else. That may NOT be the route for you, or at least for now.

What I can say is that you really should try and be calmer about this. The stress is not good for your hair or your heart (stress hormones are very dangerous http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20046037).

The final bit of advice is to take with a HUGE grain of salt the "medical" advice you are receiving from certain members of this forum. They are NOT doctors, and should not be dispensing medical advice. There is NO proof that these "treatments" work for everyone.

Best of luck to you!
                              I just can't help NOT being stressed about my hairloss. This is the worst thing that has happened to me yet and it is ruining my life, especially the social aspect. I won't try any of these natural 'DHT blockers' anymore after this very unpleasant experience.

Comment

• DAVE52
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by JeanlucBergman
                                You should get on propecia and get a transplant for the bald areas. That is your only solution. Don't listen to the idiots telling you to shave it and ruin your life.
                                Another wonderful suggestion

Comment

Working...