+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    I don't want to spend my youth balding and depressed with my HL, so i think it would be better to get a HT soon. I know I'd have to get more done in the future since I'll keep losing more hair, but I'll take that into consideration while getting my first one done. I am fine with an adult hairline (1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) and a slightly receded hairline. Also, I've had pretty low density for like 2 years now and most people couldn't tell because my natural hair isn't fine.
    I've narrowed down to one of the best HT surgeons in India, so that's not of a concern. I don't know when I can get the surgery done, but probably in my early 20s.

I also considered Hair Systems very recently since i started losing more hair. Earlier I wouldn't even think of it because it's "fake", but I'm desperate now. Do I have to shave my head on the top to use a hair system? What about using it after the HT(until the results) like you suggested?
    At the end of the day you will do what you want, and there will always be surgeons willing to take advantage of a desperate 20 year old, so I don't know what else to tell you besides getting an HT done is a bad idea. Especially since you say your density is low, this leads me to believe that you are in fact not actually a Norwood 1.5 but rather a diffused thinner, if you are in fact a diffuse thinner, then you are highly at risk for shock loss. Essentially, you could end up looking WAY balder after surgery. Can you post pictures? post some pictures under a light and with wet hair.

Honestly, there is no shame in getting a hair system, what is the difference? women use make up and wear hair extensions is that not fake? what does it matter anyways, if you get a good hair system it's undetectable so who would even know, there is nothing natural about having hair transplants I see no difference. You can not have a hair system while you are waiting for your hair transplant to grow, if you put on a hair system the adhesive will ruin the grafts and you'll have no growth so your plan won't work. My suggestion is to NOT have an HT and instead get a hair system, it's an immediate solution to your problem.

Take a look at this video, if I were in your shoes I would most definitely do a hair system, it's the cheapest, quickest and safest solution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBNFE0jnx0

I don't want to spend my youth balding and depressed with my HL, so i think it would be better to get a HT soon. I know I'd have to get more done in the future since I'll keep losing more hair, but I'll take that into consideration while getting my first one done. I am fine with an adult hairline (1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) and a slightly receded hairline. Also, I've had pretty low density for like 2 years now and most people couldn't tell because my natural hair isn't fine.
    I've narrowed down to one of the best HT surgeons in India, so that's not of a concern. I don't know when I can get the surgery done, but probably in my early 20s.

I also considered Hair Systems very recently since i started losing more hair. Earlier I wouldn't even think of it because it's "fake", but I'm desperate now. Do I have to shave my head on the top to use a hair system? What about using it after the HT(until the results) like you suggested?
    Only 2% of those on propecia get side effects. Just take it or get a hair system. You'll be fine on propecia 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Only 2% of those on propecia get side effects. Just take it or get a hair system. You'll be fine on propecia 100%.
    I'm sure it's way more than just 2%. Also a lot of people who don't get sides at first have reported getting them later. Some don't even know they have side effects or just dismiss minor ones until they've spent years taking the drug and it's too late.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    At the end of the day you will do what you want, and there will always be surgeons willing to take advantage of a desperate 20 year old, so I don't know what else to tell you besides getting an HT done is a bad idea. Especially since you say your density is low, this leads me to believe that you are in fact not actually a Norwood 1.5 but rather a diffused thinner, if you are in fact a diffuse thinner, then you are highly at risk for shock loss. Essentially, you could end up looking WAY balder after surgery. Can you post pictures? post some pictures under a light and with wet hair.

Honestly, there is no shame in getting a hair system, what is the difference? women use make up and wear hair extensions is that not fake? what does it matter anyways, if you get a good hair system it's undetectable so who would even know, there is nothing natural about having hair transplants I see no difference. You can not have a hair system while you are waiting for your hair transplant to grow, if you put on a hair system the adhesive will ruin the grafts and you'll have no growth so your plan won't work. My suggestion is to NOT have an HT and instead get a hair system, it's an immediate solution to your problem.

Take a look at this video, if I were in your shoes I would most definitely do a hair system, it's the cheapest, quickest and safest solution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBNFE0jnx0
    I just took these pics today, and I can't believe how much more hair i've lost. Holy f*cking h*ll i'm way worse than I'd imagined:

dry hair under light:

Wet hair under light:

I knew it was bad under light which is why I used to avoid checking that, but now I feel crushed. Worst case scenario I'll turn bald this year, which is something I thought would happen in my 30s

It was just as I suspected, you indeed have diffuse loss, the least of your worries is your hairline, as you can see the entire top of your scalp is miniaturizing, if you were to do your hairline, you could possibly shock the rest of the thinning hairs out, you'd be left with a hairline and nothing else behind it, needless to say that would not look like a natural balding pattern.

IMO you can either take finasteride and risk the side effects, it could possibly thicken everything up considerably, then wait a few years until you're closer to 25 and get an HT, or you could skip the finasteride and get a hair system that blends in with your sides, those are your choices, getting an HT now with this level of hair loss at your age with no finasteride would be a DISASTER!! DO NOT DO IT!! Trust me being bald is nothing compared to an obvious looking transplant that will leave you looking like a freak.

I really suggest looking in to the hair systems, its your best alternative, although finasteride could work for you, if you don't want to risk side effects then a hair system is the way to go, no side effects no surgical scars, an immediate solution all of these things are big pros for your situation.

It was just as I suspected, you indeed have diffuse loss, the least of your worries is your hairline, as you can see the entire top of your scalp is miniaturizing, if you were to do your hairline, you could possibly shock the rest of the thinning hairs out, you'd be left with a hairline and nothing else behind it, needless to say that would not look like a natural balding pattern.

IMO you can either take finasteride and risk the side effects, it could possibly thicken everything up considerably, then wait a few years until you're closer to 25 and get an HT, or you could skip the finasteride and get a hair system that blends in with your sides, those are your choices, getting an HT now with this level of hair loss at your age with no finasteride would be a DISASTER!! DO NOT DO IT!! Trust me being bald is nothing compared to an obvious looking transplant that will leave you looking like a freak.

I really suggest looking in to the hair systems, its your best alternative, although finasteride could work for you, if you don't want to risk side effects then a hair system is the way to go, no side effects no surgical scars, an immediate solution all of these things are big pros for your situation.
    My entire scalp hair is not miniaturizing, I'm just losing more hair from all over, over the past couple of months (although I do see miniaturized hairs coming out too). Before that no one could tell I had HL. I went to a general physician last year for a check up and told him I use minoxidil. He told me my hair looks fine and I could just have a mature hairline! He had had a hair transplant himself (it didnt look good tbh, was very less densely packed but better than being bald). But my hair has gotten so much worse now.

Anyway, the hair around my temples has always had the miniaturized look ever since minoxidil came into effect 2 years ago. In fact, if those were to become terminal hairs somehow, I'd become a NW1 OR 0.5 since I still have tiny vellus hairs on my temples. Since the possibility of me turning bald could not be far off from now, I'm seriously considering Finesteride despite being reluctant to use it for so long. My only concern is if I stop taking it I will lose any hairs it helped grow. Do you take finesteride? I'm just scared I might get side effects in the long term like a lot of users report here, even ones with post finesteride syndrome.

I don't know where to get a hair system from in India. In the meantime, I'm planning on using a concealer. What do you think of those?

Also, what is the name of the type of hairloss I have? Male pattern baldness + loss of hair from all over the scalp

Also, what is the name of the type of hairloss I have? Male pattern baldness + loss of hair from all over the scalp
    You are a diffused Norwood 6, it's the same hair loss pattern I had, yours seems to be progressing very quickly, your prediction of being completely bald in a few years is highly likely, unless you act now and get on fin I think it is inevitable it's gone in a few years. You have a choice to make risk the finasteride and side effects, or get a hair system.

With that being said if you're interested in hair systems you can always try it, here is one location in Mumbai and Delhi
    http://www.gauravwighouse.in/product...stem_5998.html

http://farrellhair.com/farrell-hair-...n-mumbai-india

seems pretty extreme of a reaction...probably want to check with a physician or something about that actually

You are a diffused Norwood 6, it's the same hair loss pattern I had, yours seems to be progressing very quickly, your prediction of being completely bald in a few years is highly likely, unless you act now and get on fin I think it is inevitable it's gone in a few years. You have a choice to make risk the finasteride and side effects, or get a hair system.

With that being said if you're interested in hair systems you can always try it, here is one location in Mumbai and Delhi
    http://www.gauravwighouse.in/product...stem_5998.html

http://farrellhair.com/farrell-hair-...n-mumbai-india
    A diffused Norwood 6? Holy sh*T. I don't think it's that extreme, most people can't even tell I have diffuse hair loss when my hair is a bit longer and styled to the right a bit. I am going to a dermatologist today.
    Do you take finesteride? Did you start before or after your HT?
    What do you think of hair conealers? Please answer