Interested in starting Propecia - any advice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeanlucBergman
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Rizaan
    Where did you learn that? proof?
    Well if you use 1mg which is the recommended dose, you aren't going to be able to spread it across the whole scalp. So inevitably to cover the hairline and the rest you will need to use more than 1mg which will increase the chance of side effects, which have been shown to be dose dependent when you look at studies between 2% and 5% minoxidil.

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by JeanlucBergman
      Well if you use 1mg which is the recommended dose, you aren't going to be able to spread it across the whole scalp. So inevitably to cover the hairline and the rest you will need to use more than 1mg which will increase the chance of side effects, which have been shown to be dose dependent when you look at studies between 2% and 5% minoxidil.
      I recently started using topical finesteride 0.1% with 5% minoxidil all over my scalp (it used to be just minoxidil on my hairline before). I don't know how many times I have to spray until I get 1 ml, and should i massage it in? But then a lot of it goes on my hair and gets wasted

Comment

• sts9
        • Mar 2017

so should i just put the monox on the areas where i have hair still like down the middle and the crown? will i get a lot better density then i already have? i'm willing to be patient with it

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by sts9
          so should i just put the monox on the areas where i have hair still like down the middle and the crown? will i get a lot better density then i already have? i'm willing to be patient with it
          If you used Dutasteride, Regenepure Dr and Lipogaine 2x per day, I'd be surprised if you didn't get an increase of 30% in density, especially in the crown. The areas that still have small amounts of hair will respond better, and the studies say that the crown and middle are easier to regrow on.

Comment

• sts9
            • Mar 2017

what's the difference between finasterine and Dutasteride is one better than the other or something?

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

Dutasteride is not licenced yet for male pattern loss even though people have or do use it off label.
              Its a duel 1 and 2 five dht inhibitor whereas finasteride only blocks I think type one I am sure someone will correct that if that's wrong.
              I tried it for a year and used up to the optimal dose where hairloss was trialed with it which was 2.5mgs and for me it did not work as well as finasteride.
              As to minoxidil I have tried 5% with medroxyprogestorone from uk clinics and found that was not too greasy.

Comment

• sts9
                • Mar 2017

i might just surrender and buzz cut my head. i wear hats anyways. haha. according to what JeanLuc said... I'm a NW4 borderline 5 right? What would be the best clipper? A #1 ? i don't wanna completely shave it. I think the buzz will go good with the beard. haha

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                  • Nov 2016

i might just surrender and buzz cut my head. i wear hats anyways. haha. according to what JeanLuc said... I'm a NW4 borderline 5 right? What would be the best clipper? A #1 ? i don't wanna completely shave it. I think the buzz will go good with the beard. haha
                  Noooo don't let the hair go man ;( You are not a man without your hair

Comment

• WantToStartFinasterid
                    • Dec 2016

Cut your hair man. You'll be a man without it!
                    It will probably look better as well.

I know when people can see that I'm getting thin hair I will cut it of right away. It just looks terrible when it's far gone...

I'd say don't waste your time on finasterid+minoxidil. You'll just get obsessed and hope for good results for upcoming 6 months... Chances it will be sufficient results are very low imo....
                    Accept your faith!

Comment

• sts9
                      • Mar 2017

i've decided i'm going to keep my hair and start using Lipogaine (sensitive) and the Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo. Is that shampoo just as good as Regenepure DR? I don't really want to take propecia (a pill) that causes sexual side effects... I'm fine with just using topical solutions the rest of my life quite honestly. I don't even care for like full blown regrowth, I just want it to look better than it already is and from the reviews I'm reading on Lipogaine, it looks like it works well. I've buzzed my head in the past and regretted it everytime, I just don't have the head for it. My girl likes me with long hair regardless of how it's thinning out... and she wants to help as well, so I'm going to take this route. Like JeanLuc said, I have pretty good coverage for terrible density so, hoping this monoxidil will work! Any thoughts? I just really don't want to take propecia after reading about it.

Cheers

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                        • Nov 2016

i've decided i'm going to keep my hair and start using Lipogaine (sensitive) and the Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo. Is that shampoo just as good as Regenepure DR? I don't really want to take propecia (a pill) that causes sexual side effects... I'm fine with just using topical solutions the rest of my life quite honestly. I don't even care for like full blown regrowth, I just want it to look better than it already is and from the reviews I'm reading on Lipogaine, it looks like it works well. I've buzzed my head in the past and regretted it everytime, I just don't have the head for it. My girl likes me with long hair regardless of how it's thinning out... and she wants to help as well, so I'm going to take this route. Like JeanLuc said, I have pretty good coverage for terrible density so, hoping this monoxidil will work! Any thoughts? I just really don't want to take propecia after reading about it.

Cheers
                        Pretty sure Liopgaine Big 3 has ketoconazole so it should be. Seriously think you should go for the fin though. I don't think minoxidil will be enough, and you have a large area to cover. Again, it's a tough sell to get on propecia when you read about side effects, but it took me 2 years to take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The studies say only 2% will get sides. If I were you I'd micro dose on 0.25mg, I think it you lose much more hair you might change your mind like I did.

Comment

• sts9
                          • Mar 2017

How do i go about applying the lipogaine since my hair is long? getting it on the crown is easy of course but what about the midsection/front? should i part my hair 2 ways with a small comb or something ?

Comment

• sts9
                            • Mar 2017

here's day 9 of using lipo minox and lipo big 3 shampoo every other day... i feel like i'm getting results and it hasn't even been 2 weeks... i'm just applying on my crown and mid section, i use a little more than 1mL though since i have a lot to cover.. pretty much 1mL on my crown and then another mL or so for my mid section
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...