+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

do i go about shampooing first before i apply the monox ?

Quote Originally Posted by sts9 View Post
    do i go about shampooing first before i apply the monox ?

It's recommended to use minox twice a day and leave it in for four hours at a time, but I usually just shampoo in the morning and then put minox in after work and then just leave it in until I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    It's recommended to use minox twice a day and leave it in for four hours at a time, but I usually just shampoo in the morning and then put minox in after work and then just leave it in until I sleep.
    so its best to not rinse it out until like 4 hours? do you think if i do this 3 step stuff i'll get good density back? i really don't want to buzz cut my head, i've done that so many times in the past and it looks awful. i'm not really worried about the sides on fin, if i even get any... here's hoping but yeah

so its best to not rinse it out until like 4 hours? do you think if i do this 3 step stuff i'll get good density back? i really don't want to buzz cut my head, i've done that so many times in the past and it looks awful. i'm not really worried about the sides on fin, if i even get any... here's hoping but yeah
    There is a 99% chance it won't get any worse if you use what I said. There is also a stronger version of finasteride, dutasteride available but it increases risk of sides.

If you wanted an extreme regime, you could use the lipogaine minox, a cheap 128 diode laser helmet, 0.5mg dutasteride and regenepure DR. With this you'd have almost a 100% chance of regrowth unless your hair loss was due to a vitamin deficiency or thyroid issue, which is unlikely. Otherwise just use the 3 I mentioned before and they have proabably an 80% chance at regrowth.

I would just do it on the crown and midsection if I were you. Also I do highly recommend a good minox with azelaic acid like lipogaine over something basic. Using extra on the front increases chance of sidesand also it has a lower chance of being effective at the hairline.
    Where did you learn that? proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Where did you learn that? proof?
    Well if you use 1mg which is the recommended dose, you aren't going to be able to spread it across the whole scalp. So inevitably to cover the hairline and the rest you will need to use more than 1mg which will increase the chance of side effects, which have been shown to be dose dependent when you look at studies between 2% and 5% minoxidil.

Well if you use 1mg which is the recommended dose, you aren't going to be able to spread it across the whole scalp. So inevitably to cover the hairline and the rest you will need to use more than 1mg which will increase the chance of side effects, which have been shown to be dose dependent when you look at studies between 2% and 5% minoxidil.
    I recently started using topical finesteride 0.1% with 5% minoxidil all over my scalp (it used to be just minoxidil on my hairline before). I don't know how many times I have to spray until I get 1 ml, and should i massage it in? But then a lot of it goes on my hair and gets wasted

so should i just put the monox on the areas where i have hair still like down the middle and the crown? will i get a lot better density then i already have? i'm willing to be patient with it

so should i just put the monox on the areas where i have hair still like down the middle and the crown? will i get a lot better density then i already have? i'm willing to be patient with it
    If you used Dutasteride, Regenepure Dr and Lipogaine 2x per day, I'd be surprised if you didn't get an increase of 30% in density, especially in the crown. The areas that still have small amounts of hair will respond better, and the studies say that the crown and middle are easier to regrow on.

what's the difference between finasterine and Dutasteride is one better than the other or something?