+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    If you have hairloss in your 20s, you should get a hair transplant as soon as you have the funding for one with a well regarded surgeon on the IAHRS list, preferably an FUT. You should also stop listening to the propecia horror stories and get on it ASAP.
    More bad advice

"just shave it bro, be confident bro"

I doubt that you'll give the same advice if it was happening to a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon View Post
    "just shave it bro, be confident bro"

I doubt that you'll give the same advice if it was happening to a woman.
    Exactly, and a REAL man will fix their hairloss issues with solutions to fight the problem, they won't just shave it off and accept defeat and the fact that they've forever ruined their sex life.

Exactly, and a REAL man will fix their hairloss issues with solutions to fight the problem, they won't just shave it off and accept defeat and the fact that they've forever ruined their sex life.
    It's not about sexlife for me, i don't live for women , i live for me and my goals, losing your hair is like dying, you'll never be the same person.

Baldness is a tragedy if you're young, i personally would rather cut my balls and donate them to science instead of losing my hair.

"You don't have to be bald and miserable, and that's all Spitfire was pointing out. "

You don't, but until you get a transplant and get on treatments, you will be inferior and not be reaching your potential. To accept less than your potential is to accept mediocrity, and that is the truth. Being a 20 year old who can't have sex with anyone younger than 30 is a failure, and NO ONE would be happy about that.
    What garbage
    You don't need a HT doc you need a shrink to help you through whatever issues are causing you this hatred

Quote Originally Posted by dave52 View Post
    what garbage
    you don't need a ht doc you need a shrink to help you through whatever issues are causing you this hatred
    amen!

I'm 41 and started losing hair at 20 (mostly temple recession). At the time, I was worried I'd be bald by 25 and a laughing stock among my peers. None of that happened. The loss progressed much slower than I had anticipated -- I'm a Norwood 2-2.5 with diffuse thinning that is visible under strong overhead light and on bad hair days. Otherwise, there are days my hair looks relatively full.

I have friends and acquaintances my age who are at various stages of loss who have no problem hooking up with women their age or years younger. It's all about confidence and realizing that most women (even most young women) don't care about a man's hair loss so much as his lack of self-esteem and if he has a bad hairstyle for the shape of his head and the extent of hair loss.

For me, hair loss has become less anxiety-provoking as I've gotten older. And, even though the diffuse loss is more visible than it was even just five years ago, I still get plenty of women (older, my age and much younger) looking my way. IMO a combination of maintaining a healthy body weight and having good hygiene go a long way in feeling confident (and, consequently, attracting women).

No matter your Norwood level, the best things you can do for yourself are:
    1.) Don't gain too much weight as you age, or get down to a healthy body-fate percentage and waist size if you're overweight (women find men in the 12-15% range most attractive, and your waist should be no more than half your height, for health reasons);
    2.) Practice good personal hygiene, as women often complain of men who have bad body odor, don't floss or brush their teeth, don't trim or clean their nails, and don't trim their hair and beard often enough;
    3.) Practice some form of stress relief, be it meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness, rhythmic movement, visualization, yoga or tai chi. In addition to reducing stress, relaxation techniques can make you less emotionally reactive.

TBH just being in shape and maintaining a health body-fat percentage will give you a huge leg up on most men as you move into your 30s and 40s (71 percent of men over 20 are either overweight or obese). An out-of-shape guy with a full head of hair and high body-fat percentage is much worse off than a balding guy who's in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEnoughToKnowBetter View Post
    I'm 41 and started losing hair at 20 (mostly temple recession). At the time, I was worried I'd be bald by 25 and a laughing stock among my peers. None of that happened. The loss progressed much slower than I had anticipated -- I'm a Norwood 2-2.5 with diffuse thinning that is visible under strong overhead light and on bad hair days. Otherwise, there are days my hair looks relatively full.

I have friends and acquaintances my age who are at various stages of loss who have no problem hooking up with women their age or years younger. It's all about confidence and realizing that most women (even most young women) don't care about a man's hair loss so much as his lack of self-esteem and if he has a bad hairstyle for the shape of his head and the extent of hair loss.

For me, hair loss has become less anxiety-provoking as I've gotten older. And, even though the diffuse loss is more visible than it was even just five years ago, I still get plenty of women (older, my age and much younger) looking my way. IMO a combination of maintaining a healthy body weight and having good hygiene go a long way in feeling confident (and, consequently, attracting women).

No matter your Norwood level, the best things you can do for yourself are:
    1.) Don't gain too much weight as you age, or get down to a healthy body-fate percentage and waist size if you're overweight (women find men in the 12-15% range most attractive, and your waist should be no more than half your height, for health reasons);
    2.) Practice good personal hygiene, as women often complain of men who have bad body odor, don't floss or brush their teeth, don't trim or clean their nails, and don't trim their hair and beard often enough;
    3.) Practice some form of stress relief, be it meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness, rhythmic movement, visualization, yoga or tai chi. In addition to reducing stress, relaxation techniques can make you less emotionally reactive.

TBH just being in shape and maintaining a health body-fat percentage will give you a huge leg up on most men as you move into your 30s and 40s (71 percent of men over 20 are either overweight or obese). An out-of-shape guy with a full head of hair and high body-fat percentage is much worse off than a balding guy who's in shape.
    That's great advice. I'm an older guy myself and have been dealing with hair loss for more than 20 years. The best advice Spencer Kobren ever gave me on his show was to get my ass in shape. As long as we are healthy it's something we have complete control over. Propecia has helped me maintain hair, but staying fit has helped me both mentally and in most aspects of my life. Most guys who start losing hair young just give up and let themselves go to shit. It's a huge mistake not to take control of what we can in life and to just play victims.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    That's great advice. I'm an older guy myself and have been dealing with hair loss for more than 20 years. The best advice Spencer Kobren ever gave me on his show was to get my ass in shape. As long as we are healthy it's something we have complete control over. Propecia has helped me maintain hair, but staying fit has helped me both mentally and in most aspects of my life. Most guys who start losing hair young just give up and let themselves go to shit. It's a huge mistake not to take control of what we can in life and to just play victims.
    Thanks! Have you been on Propecia for long? I tried to take it back in 1999 and had side effects. I'm thinking of giving it another try, but I'm not as concerned about hair loss as I was back then at 22-23.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEnoughToKnowBetter View Post
    Thanks! Have you been on Propecia for long? I tried to take it back in 1999 and had side effects. I'm thinking of giving it another try, but I'm not as concerned about hair loss as I was back then at 22-23.
    Been on it for over a decade. No side effects and maintained my hair very well.