+ Reply to Thread

Question smoking and sex after hair transplant surgery

can guys in the know please help...im planning on hairtrasnsplant surgey in 2 moths time.
    Its going to be done abroad.
    While im not a smoker i do tend to smoke when im away from my home base... is a cigarette or two daily a problem after the surgery ..
    while wild sex is definitely a bad idea lol... soem gentle stuff ok ?some things are hard to avoild lol... any tips

Quote Originally Posted by neadyr54 View Post
    can guys in the know please help...im planning on hairtrasnsplant surgey in 2 moths time.
    Its going to be done abroad.
    While im not a smoker i do tend to smoke when im away from my home base... is a cigarette or two daily a problem after the surgery ..
    while wild sex is definitely a bad idea lol... soem gentle stuff ok ?some things are hard to avoild lol... any tips
    If it was me.....Id take this opportunity to quit smoking but Id never turn down wild sex. Have as much sex as your options allow you to keep from being depressed when you go through that ugly duckling stage. Just instruct her to keep her hands off of your head.

Inactive

Honestly, if you're not a smoker and just do it as a hobby of sorts, I just wouldn't do it. If you do want to continue to smoke, you need to avoid it for at least a few days before and after a hair transplant as this decreases the blood supply to the scalp/skin/brain etc. and can negatively impact growth.

As for sex, as long as you're not having wild/aggressive sex, it should be fine. If you're having FUT, be very careful with the sutures in the donor area, and try not to work up too much of a sweat. However, even though you're not likely to feel "awful" after your HT surgery, you may have swelling of the forehead and some mild discomfort, so I can't imagine sex is going to be too high on your to-do list.

All of that said, these sort of guidelines vary from surgeon to surgeon. Some surgeons say you can have sex the next day, some say to wait 5 days, etc. When in doubt, it's best to run it by your operating surgeon and get their input.

Best of luck and have fun... haha

Thanks so much for that.... i was secretly hoping ud say 1 a day is fine lol.... but of course the best is none.. i mean the smoking not sex :-)
    And of course ..... well..... hope for the best and the ability to abstain from both

I think you should stay away from cigarettes for a few days at least. I was smoking and messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Velstadt View Post
    I would leave smoking after the surgery and with some good weeks of time passed to make sure there are no implications. I'm also a smoker, and I get the feeling. Nevertheless, there are way too many risks from cigarettes. In fact, the risks are always there due to the toxicity that they emit. I would rather go with other forms of smoking like a glass bubbler designed for tobacco usage. This kind of device helps you eliminate a lot of toxic substances out of the experience and you don't smell as bad as you do after two or three cigarettes. My wife hates the smell of them on my clothes and breath.
    Mate, I have tried a bubbler and it's one of the best experiences I had while smoking tobacco.