+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Would Love Some Honest Treatment Advice

Hi,

I am 29 years old, and have experienced noticeable hair loss for about 2 years now. I have been using a HairMax Laser Comb for about the last year (and have seen 0 results), and have been using Argan Oil Shampoo by Maple Holistics for about the last year (and have also seen 0 results). I tried Propecia and Minoxidil, but they both gave me very bad side effects (i.e. headaches and feeling anxious/jittery when taking them), so I stopped their use. I even experienced similar side effects when using PURA D'OR Anti-Hair Loss Gold Label shampoo, which has led me to the conclusion that my body does not tolerate DHT-blocking mechanisms well. At this point I can honestly say that my hair continues to get thinner and thinner every day, and I can't seem to find anything that will either stop the shedding or reverse what's already been lost. I had a consultation with the Hair Club, but it seemed that their primary treatment method was Minoxidil, so I decided not to pursue anything further. Right now I am considering Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, since from what I understand it does not use DHT-blocking mechanisms, but also wonder if I should give Propecia or Minoxidil another try and see if the side effects will eventually wear off (I have taken them both for about a week before I stopped usage due to side effects). Obviously, I don't want to spend more money than I have to, but I would also consider a transplant. Thank you for hearing me out, and please I would welcome any advice on what you would do if you were me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 2.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	50986Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 3.jpg

Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	50987

Just curious what side affects you were noticing from natural DHT blocking shampoo, I have a hard time believing that they do much in the way of blocking DHT due to the amount of time they spend on the head, so it seems even more difficult to grasp how side affects could be real. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great addition to real DHT blocking topical that is left on overnight. I'm afraid what might be subconscious, could get in the way of a fairly Important approach to keeping your hair, BLOCKING DHT.

When i first started using Ketoconazole shampoo, my testes hurt a bit and my libido went down. I stopped and started shedding heavily again so I used the shampoo again and didn't get any sides this time. I'm not saying you should do that as well, but it could be worth a shot with minoxidil since the headaches would go away after you discontinue using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    When i first started using Ketoconazole shampoo, my testes hurt a bit and my libido went down. I stopped and started shedding heavily again so I used the shampoo again and didn't get any sides this time. I'm not saying you should do that as well, but it could be worth a shot with minoxidil since the headaches would go away after you discontinue using it.
    Never heard of that before, the pura d or I am using has no Keto, not sure about the gold label, but shepa it will be important to you to try not to develope a phobia of DHT blockers.

The side effects I noticed was just feeling off/anxious after using the shampoo. I would put it on when I first got in the shower and let it soak in for at least 5 minutes before rinsing off. The gold label says on the label the it does include Ketoconazole. Is Ketoconazole known for causing a lot of side effects? If so, maybe I should try the blue label. I will try it again just to make sure its not my subconscious. Thanks.

Welcome Shepa,
    Good luck, I've been using blue label for a while. scrub it on a wet scalp outside of the shower a couple times a week, leave it in for a half hour to an hour and then jump in the shower.

Have people noticed less side effects with the Pura D'or Blue label relative to the Gold label? Maybe I will order some of the blue and see how that works. And when you guys use the shampoo, the harder I scrub the more hair that comes out when applying it. Is your strategy to scrub as hard as possible to make sure its get into your scalp the most, and forget about the loss of current hair, or do you layer it on and let it soak in while scrubbing as little as possible in order to preserve as much current hair as possible? Thanks.

I don't know if anyone will see this since it has been so long, but I have continued to use a lazer comb, but have noticed no results and I underwent 3 rounds of PRP treatment, however, I have also not seen any results. Does anyone know if it makes sense to get a difference kind of lazer comb, or try PRP again but with A-cell or whatever it is that they add to it that makes it stronger? Thanks.

The only results i have seen with PRP are bad. Did they show you before and after pictures of their patients that did PRP..i bet not because they have none. Laser comb have minimal results at best..you are better off praying for hair

Default Prp

When you say results are bad, you mean the results are non existent (no positive effect) or the results are bad (they make your hair loss worse than had you never done it)?