So that is the dead end!?? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default So that is the dead end!??

I am 23 and balding. Please somebody answer me: there will be a cure for baldness in next 5-10 years? I am not following news lately and i hope someone could tell me cause i couldnt bear the idea of being complety bald before i get married. Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight123 View Post
    I am 23 and balding. Please somebody answer me: there will be a cure for baldness in next 5-10 years? I am not following news lately and i hope someone could tell me cause i couldnt bear the idea of being complety bald before i get married. Thank you !
    I don't think anyone can give you an answer. There are several promising organizations working on things. But if anything will come of it, we just don't know yet. There's some studies we should be hearing results of in the next few years. All of us are really hoping for something too.

When you say you're balding, how advanced is it? A lot of younger people see some pretty minor HL as being more severe than it is (I know that was the case for me many years ago). And one thing I wish I knew 15 years ago is that things can advance pretty slowly, so just cause there's some small signs doesn't necessarily mean things are going to be severely advanced in the near future.

It baffles me that there's still not a cure for baldness even though SO f*cking many men suffer from it.
    That RU compound works, it was discovered more than 20 years ago and there's still very little research done on it. Why?
    I still see posts from 2011-2012 from people on here saying they're waiting for a cure. Now it's 2017 and still nothing.

There are two cures for baldness.

Transplants
    Finasteride

You just want a cheap way out.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    There are two cures for baldness.

Transplants
    Finasteride

You just want a cheap way out.
    That's a pretty bold statement. Lot of bald people walking around if baldness has been cured.

I've been hearing cure for baldness in 5 years for the past 15 years. Don't hold your breath because the cure will never come. Why? Because hair loss is a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

Just shave it.

Thumbs up

no, i don't even think there will be a cure in the next 15 years.

we're on the same boat, balding is pretty much a death sentence for dating.
    unless you're a 6'3ft muscular guy with the perfect head shape your dating pool will be extremely limited (not to say inexistent).

have a good day

No sign of recedding hairline yet but i feel like its coming soon. My whole family have a full head of hair except my dad. He lost his hair at 34 35. So i think its gonna happen to me sooner or later. And i am so desperate knowing that they havent found anything yet. I am Asian, dont know how but people here seem to lose hair really quick, I mean Bump NW0 => NW6 in 1 or 2 years. I hope it wont happen to me

I started losing my hair at 23 and haven't gone more than a month without getting laid since. It's not the death sentence people say. You can't let it stop you from doing things though.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement. Lot of bald people walking around if baldness has been cured.

There is a significant risk with a hair transplant and also a small risk taking Propecia. However for 99% of people propecia and hair transplants will allow them to achieve a full head of hair. The issue is that most people do not have the income to go through transplants with a high quality doctor that could add up to $30000 over their life time.

To say finasteride/dutasteride and hair transplants are not "cures" is basically to just admit you're scared of sides and don't have the money for a transplant. NO rich man goes bald.