+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by zurich View Post
    Can you please link to the 98% success rate study of DUT. Assume it would be on a very high dosage of 0.5mg+ and it would be interesting to learn the incidence of side-effects.

Avodart makes them pretty clear and no one should take it oblivious of the risks:

AVODART may cause serious side effects including a higher chance of a more serious form of prostate cancer.
    The most common side effects of AVODART include:

•trouble getting or keeping an erection (impotence)
    •a decrease in sex drive (libido)
    •ejaculation problems
    •enlarged or painful breasts. If you notice breast lumps or nipple discharge, you should talk to your healthcare provider.

Also note DHT is produced in the testes. Yet eunuchs can go bald. So 0 DHT doesn't automatically mean no hair loss.
    There are a number I have seen with PFS who suggest they were castrated, and they no longer lose hair interestingly enough. I can't find any modern evidence of a eunuch going bald or not going bald, however in ancient history there are example of doctors noting that eunuchs do not bald.

"https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1550785/"

That shows a decrease of 90% Serum DHT through 0.5mg of dutasteride and suggests no statistically significant difference between propecia and dutasteride sides, putting both at around 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Transplants are a cure. In particular with FUT first and then utilising FUE, the average donor can handle 8000 grafts. If you add SMP to the back you can probably get 11000 and it can also effectively cover in the gaps on the top. That is enough to cover the whole head even on a norwood 6. With good doctors, that will cost you over $40000, but it does fix the problem. It's blatantly obvious your issue is money, you want a FREE cure, not just a cure, which you already have.

And you can't complain about results if you're not using propecia which attacks the source of the issue directly. Again, just because you don't want to use the cure doesn't mean it doesn't exist. After that there's always dutasteride which 2.5mg gets rid of 95% of scalp DHT. By your logic a cure doesn't exist solely because you're not using it. How downright moronic can you get?

I'm attacking people because they keep screaming they want a cure because current "cures" don't work, and yet none of them have tried hair transplants or dutasteride or more fringe treatments like topical finasteride. It's idiotic.
    Again: rearranging the hair left on your head isn't a "cure" whatever way you look at it, but as you said in your other comment, it is a 'cover up'. If a cure ever came out and it was more expensive than a hair Transplant, then i would NOT deny it being a cure. Stop saying that utter rubbish again and again. I never even hinted at or mentioned the cost of any treatment in this thread much less claim i want a FREE cure. And in fact, I've been discussing wanting to get a HT for weeks on this forum so i don't know where you're getting all that "boo hoo you can't afford a HT!!!". You're being f*cking petty by trying to belittle others be it mocking them for not being rich or going around boasting about your salary.

As for the root cause of hairloss, i'm surprised you don't know the answer is genetic sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT, and not DHT itself, considering you claim you've looked so much into this. A proper cure would be one that addresses this DHT-sensitivity of hair follicles or creates/clones more hair.
    Going by your logic, one might as well castrate themselves and call it a "cure" for hairloss because it addresses the 'root cause'. Also it's funny how your own finesteride dose is less than 1mg, and here you claim 2.5mg Dutasteride is a cure. You're mocking men for not calling it a cure because of side effects yet you suffer from them yourself. The irony.

There are lots of people for whom existing treatments are either a cure or pretty close to it. I am a strong minoxidil responder, like about 40% of women. I'm up in ponytail cross sectional area 50% in just a few months. I expect to be up 100% in a few more, as the rest of the regrowth gets long enough.

My husband is a moderate responder, like about 20% of men. (Only 15% are very poor responders.) It's stopped his hair loss and caused mild regrowth for a decade now.

There are TONS of things that regrow miniaturized hair on 10-60% of people. You just have to find out if that particular mechanism causes hair growth for you. As long as your follicles aren't dead, there's hope. So act sooner rather than later.

There will never be one cure for everyone.

ANd a concealer.....sorry to be Debbie Downer but there is nothing proven...no remedies, no cures.

Hair transplant are not for everyone...if you are going to have the famous ring around your head, there is nothing outside of hair systems. If you do not have extreme baldness HT may help for a while but as time catches up to you, you might find there is no more cover for your baldness. Finasteride probably slows your hair loss but doubt it prevents it. Eat healthy,
    take your B vitamins, and whatever and just hope there will be something soon....

I don't think there will ever be something to regrow a bald head. As long as we've had Fin, most guys who actually care about balding, have generally gotten it under control. The only guys old enough to have balded before Fin, are mostly over 60, and probably not a great market for hair regrowth drugs, as they are probably fat now and stopped caring a long time ago.

And when you add in RU58841 in the last few years, the demand for hair regrowth will fall further. If you start treatment before you're an NW3, your odds of going bald should be under 10%. As prevention improves, the market for regrowth will shrink. Further decentivizing development going forward.

Well I would say hair transplants can be pretty effective for hair regrowth and scarring can be pretty minimal.

AS a 21 years old, I can say this is not true at all. I've been taking finasteride since I was 17 years old and It didn't really stop it at all. Finasteride isn't going to stop you from going bald. Even if you start ur meds way before NW3 (I started my meds AS SOON as I noticed I was thinning)

There's a lot of teens in the same situation, and let's face it. Having your hair in a terrible state or going bald at 30 is pretty mcuh the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    You're obviously a complete moron then, scared of fin sides and too poor for a transplant. When a new hair growth technology or hair cloning comes out you'll still be screaming for a cure because you're too poor to afford the new technology or scared of the risks. I'm not trolling, you're just a $%#(*% idiot.
    Your reaction just confirms what I said. Thank you.