+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    C'mon guys this a forum about BALDING! I'd understand if we were discussing Trump vs Hillary or something but seriously we're discussing baldness.
    Too many people forgo fin and hair transplants because they idiotically think that in 5 years there'll be a new "cure". They've been saying it for 10, and at the moment the potential new cures are at least 3 years from market EVEN if they successfully get through trials.

People have cures: DHT inhibitors and transplants. These idiots can die waiting for something on the horizon (which they will say is too expensive and that it isn't a "real" cure) or they can get a transplant. That simple. Cures aren't coming anytime soon. I can't stop laughing at the MORONS who think that when hair cloning becomes a possibility that it will somehow be affordable for them. You'll be paying five times the price of a regular transplant you idiots and you still have to have the hairs implanted.

And if you disagree with my comment that "no rich man has to go bald", just look at Elon Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    How is a transplant not a cure,.
    Because it doesn't give you a full head of hair with density .

........ and anyone now days has the opportunity to use an extremely wide variety of treatments, from RU, Dut, Fin, Minox, Stemox, Keto, Laser and topical estrogens.
    How much of those REALLY work .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    How much of those REALLY work .
    2.5mg Dutasteride reduces serum DHT by almost 100%. You can further reduce scalp DHT with azelaic acid and topical finasteride. It is impossible to lose hair on 2.5mg Dutasteride in conjunction with topical finasteride, unless your hairloss is not related to androgenic alopecia.

How is a transplant not a cure, and anyone now days has the opportunity to use an extremely wide variety of treatments, from RU, Dut, Fin, Minox, Stemox, Keto, Laser and topical estrogens. If you let yourself hit NW5 in 2017, yeah, that is a choice. Treatment is a cure, and Dut in particular will halt hairloss in 99% of users alone, without concurrent treatment.

Again, just because you're too poor for treatment and don't want to take on the risks doesn't mean there isn't a cure. You'll be saying the same idiotic garbage when a new treatment comes out because you're too poor to afford it. Idiocy.
    If you get a disease, say Amoebic Dysentry, a treatment would be something you use to get rid of the disease. You will not end up the way you were before taking the meds once its 'treated' and you stop taking the meds. Baldness obviously isn't a disease, but calling propecia, minoxidil, keto, laser and all that other stuff "cures" is downright stupid. Lasers don't even work for the majority of people. I've been on minoxidil and keto for the past 2 and a half years and I haven't treated sh*t. If I stop taking minoxidil, or if a propecia user stops taking the drug, they will lose all their hair. These are not cures from any way you look at them. They just slow down or in a few cases regrow SOME hair initially. I didn't even mention anything regarding risks or side effects in this thread so I don't know where you get that from.

Even a hair transplant isn't a cure because it won't help a NW6/7 bald man. It's just a rearrangement of the hair follicles that were already present on your head.

I'd call something a cure if it gave me new hair (from hair cloning?) or grew back my old hair like they used to be (by stimulating and making them dht resistant, perhaps), and not something that let's you keep the hair you have currently while slowing down your HL.

I get that you're disgruntled because of your HL, but stop being a dick to everyone on this forum, man.

Actually I agree with you. Fin works pretty well, HTs with a good clinic work well, you can wait forever but we have options now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    If you get a disease, say Amoebic Dysentry, a treatment would be something you use to get rid of the disease. You will not end up the way you were before taking the meds once its 'treated' and you stop taking the meds. Baldness obviously isn't a disease, but calling propecia, minoxidil, keto, laser and all that other stuff "cures" is downright stupid. Lasers don't even work for the majority of people. I've been on minoxidil and keto for the past 2 and a half years and I haven't treated sh*t. If I stop taking minoxidil, or if a propecia user stops taking the drug, they will lose all their hair. These are not cures from any way you look at them. They just slow down or in a few cases regrow SOME hair initially. I didn't even mention anything regarding risks or side effects in this thread so I don't know where you get that from.

Even a hair transplant isn't a cure because it won't help a NW6/7 bald man. It's just a rearrangement of the hair follicles that were already present on your head.

I'd call something a cure if it gave me new hair (from hair cloning?) or grew back my old hair like they used to be (by stimulating and making them dht resistant, perhaps), and not something that let's you keep the hair you have currently while slowing down your HL.

I get that you're disgruntled because of your HL, but stop being a dick to everyone on this forum, man.
    Transplants are a cure. In particular with FUT first and then utilising FUE, the average donor can handle 8000 grafts. If you add SMP to the back you can probably get 11000 and it can also effectively cover in the gaps on the top. That is enough to cover the whole head even on a norwood 6. With good doctors, that will cost you over $40000, but it does fix the problem. It's blatantly obvious your issue is money, you want a FREE cure, not just a cure, which you already have.

And you can't complain about results if you're not using propecia which attacks the source of the issue directly. Again, just because you don't want to use the cure doesn't mean it doesn't exist. After that there's always dutasteride which 2.5mg gets rid of 95% of scalp DHT. By your logic a cure doesn't exist solely because you're not using it. How downright moronic can you get?

I'm attacking people because they keep screaming they want a cure because current "cures" don't work, and yet none of them have tried hair transplants or dutasteride or more fringe treatments like topical finasteride. It's idiotic.

I'm attacking people because they keep screaming they want a cure because current "cures" don't work, and yet none of them have tried hair transplants or dutasteride or more fringe treatments like topical finasteride. It's idiotic.
    You should stop attacking people
    They aren't cures .
    They are just cosmetic cover ups
    If your hair is destined to fall out , it will fall out . You can takes all sorts of crap to slow it down or get a HT but you will never get the density you had as a teenager .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You should stop attacking people
    They aren't cures .
    They are just cosmetic cover ups
    If your hair is destined to fall out , it will fall out . You can takes all sorts of crap to slow it down or get a HT but you will never get the density you had as a teenager .
    No, but you can have the hair of someone with NO visible baldness and movie star hair with current treatments, even from a norwood 6. And no, if you're on 2.5mg of dutasteride along with topical finasteride which removes close to 100% of scalp DHT, then it is an impossibility that you will lose hair, unless you suffer from something other than androgentic alopecia. If you start this as a norwood 1 you won't ever lose your hair.

You want a "cure" that is essentially free, that has no risk of side effects, is permanent, is a once off, and restores your teenage hair. Anything else in your eyes isn't good enough. Well I'm sorry, but that will NEVER happen. If it does, it will be out of your price range, and you'll change your tune to "when are we getting an AFFORDABLE cure?"

Also to the human eye one can't tell the difference between 60% of original density and 100%. That is why a transplant is so effective. Yes it is a "cover up" so to speak, but it can achieve cosmetically the similar as having a full head of hair. Dutasteride halts loss for 98% of users. SMP in conjunction with transplants makes this even more effective.

Can you please link to the 98% success rate study of DUT. Assume it would be on a very high dosage of 0.5mg+ and it would be interesting to learn the incidence of side-effects.

Avodart makes them pretty clear and no one should take it oblivious of the risks:

AVODART may cause serious side effects including a higher chance of a more serious form of prostate cancer.
    The most common side effects of AVODART include:

•trouble getting or keeping an erection (impotence)
    •a decrease in sex drive (libido)
    •ejaculation problems
    •enlarged or painful breasts. If you notice breast lumps or nipple discharge, you should talk to your healthcare provider.

Also note DHT is produced in the testes. Yet eunuchs can go bald. So 0 DHT doesn't automatically mean no hair loss.