+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

So what about Histogen? Is there anything new? I am not good at English so i cant understand everything they said
    Any other treatments seem promising?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    NO rich man goes bald.
    You defy common sense and knowledge in such a blatant way, one would say that you are just trolling for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    You defy common sense and knowledge in such a blatant way, one would say that you are just trolling for fun.
    You're obviously a complete moron then, scared of fin sides and too poor for a transplant. When a new hair growth technology or hair cloning comes out you'll still be screaming for a cure because you're too poor to afford the new technology or scared of the risks. I'm not trolling, you're just a $%#(*% idiot.

There are lots of people for whom existing treatments are either a cure or pretty close to it. I am a strong minoxidil responder, like about 40% of women. I'm up in ponytail cross sectional area 50% in just a few months. I expect to be up 100% in a few more, as the rest of the regrowth gets long enough.

My husband is a moderate responder, like about 20% of men. (Only 15% are very poor responders.) It's stopped his hair loss and caused mild regrowth for a decade now.

There are TONS of things that regrow miniaturized hair on 10-60% of people. You just have to find out if that particular mechanism causes hair growth for you. As long as your follicles aren't dead, there's hope. So act sooner rather than later.

There will never be one cure for everyone.

Hair transplant are not for everyone...if you are going to have the famous ring around your head, there is nothing outside of hair systems. If you do not have extreme baldness HT may help for a while but as time catches up to you, you might find there is no more cover for your baldness. Finasteride probably slows your hair loss but doubt it prevents it. Eat healthy,
    take your B vitamins, and whatever and just hope there will be something soon....

I don't think there will ever be something to regrow a bald head. As long as we've had Fin, most guys who actually care about balding, have generally gotten it under control. The only guys old enough to have balded before Fin, are mostly over 60, and probably not a great market for hair regrowth drugs, as they are probably fat now and stopped caring a long time ago.

And when you add in RU58841 in the last few years, the demand for hair regrowth will fall further. If you start treatment before you're an NW3, your odds of going bald should be under 10%. As prevention improves, the market for regrowth will shrink. Further decentivizing development going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    There are two cures for baldness.

Transplants
    Finasteride

You just want a cheap way out.
    Those are not cures. Neither of those will do anything for someone with a NW5/6/7, which a cure should. Not to mention propecia is more of a drug to prevent hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Those are not cures. Neither of those will do anything for someone with a NW5/6/7, which a cure should. Not to mention propecia is more of a drug to prevent hairloss.
    How is a transplant not a cure, and anyone now days has the opportunity to use an extremely wide variety of treatments, from RU, Dut, Fin, Minox, Stemox, Keto, Laser and topical estrogens. If you let yourself hit NW5 in 2017, yeah, that is a choice. Treatment is a cure, and Dut in particular will halt hairloss in 99% of users alone, without concurrent treatment.

Again, just because you're too poor for treatment and don't want to take on the risks doesn't mean there isn't a cure. You'll be saying the same idiotic garbage when a new treatment comes out because you're too poor to afford it. Idiocy.

C'mon guys this a forum about BALDING! I'd understand if we were discussing Trump vs Hillary or something but seriously we're discussing baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    C'mon guys this a forum about BALDING! I'd understand if we were discussing Trump vs Hillary or something but seriously we're discussing baldness.
    Too many people forgo fin and hair transplants because they idiotically think that in 5 years there'll be a new "cure". They've been saying it for 10, and at the moment the potential new cures are at least 3 years from market EVEN if they successfully get through trials.

People have cures: DHT inhibitors and transplants. These idiots can die waiting for something on the horizon (which they will say is too expensive and that it isn't a "real" cure) or they can get a transplant. That simple. Cures aren't coming anytime soon. I can't stop laughing at the MORONS who think that when hair cloning becomes a possibility that it will somehow be affordable for them. You'll be paying five times the price of a regular transplant you idiots and you still have to have the hairs implanted.

And if you disagree with my comment that "no rich man has to go bald", just look at Elon Musk.