+ Reply to Thread

Default One for the younger generation of those who lift weights.

Alright lads, this is my first post. I've been on and off these forums for years but just viewing from the distance never thought I'd finally decided to make account and get involved but here I am!

Quick story. I'm currently 21, been noticing a difference in my hair around 17/18. Mainly the hairline. I'm somewhat of a NW2 now! I ****ed for myself as I competed as a physique athlete/bodybuilder. That definitely up'd the T levels, I had to do whatever was necessary to get in shape for photo shoots etc.. I ran something called Winstrol (very good cutting steroid) a huge DHT degeriative. I noticed my hair change almost right away, so that hadn't helped at all, lesson defitnely learnt!!

Anyway.. Growing up as a kid I can't put into words enough, I was literally known as the kid who had the 'coolest. Slickest hair about' I had like a textured long Justin bieber do that was all volume and messy, getting woman was just ridiculous the first thing they said was "can I touch your hair" this sounds so ridiculous, I know right? But it's the gods honest truth!! At 16/17 I had full grown woman givIng me the eye, granted I was 6'1 a fairly big guy, but the hair was a major factor!!

Fast forward to now, I still go the gym 6 days a week, massively into bodybuilding still but all natural wouldn't risk any further hair loss! My body is in great shape and men would be surprised how much having a good body would give them confidence, I just about get away with people noticing I've receded (I use a bit of toppikk in the front) but style my hair short an textured, but it's just not the same. Doing magazine shoots etc.. I can't help but think how much I could improve my imagine with a strong hairline, I've literally got no fringe or bangs as they say in the states as I cut it short to eliminate that V look.

Been on propecia 8 months on and off mainly on. My libido is sky high it's almost frustrating how much woman are on my mind, granted I'm 21.. Only side effects are gyno and maybe mood swings here an there, an some flushes! Anyone else experience that??

Anyway, that's me. Considering staying on fin for as long as I can, even for life! Then considering a HT by either Koray or bisanga, their hairline works looks insane. With how muscular I am, and a receded hairline NW2 near 3 maybe, it just makes me look a lot older!! Especially when I have to photo shoot every so often!!

I'd appericste some replies to get to know some people and any question or answers? Cheers lads!
    - Jay

Inactive

Have you considered buzzing your head and seeing if this is a look you could get used to? I always think it's a good idea for guys - especially those quite young, like yourself - to at least give this a shot and consider it before heading down the path of hair transplants, which in many cases turn into lifetime commitments. (And this is coming from someone who had a successful hair transplant.) Especially given that you're physically fit already and seemingly have the confidence to offset any negative side effects of losing your hair, I think this is worth looking into.

New too. Nice to hear that your life is going well!

Very young, and it seems like you have a bright future ahead of you.

Good to know you are determined and keeping in shape. Being busy certainly helps not to think about these kinds of things.

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers!

I have but it's definitely not something I'd be happy to do. I've done it and the lack of attention I'd get compared to when I grow my hair out a little bit is ridiculous.. some woman do like the bald muscle look but I'm 21.. I wanna look and feel like a 21 year old! I have confidence but am still very insecure about my hair, hair fibres are staple for me! I'll be looking into a hair transplant in my temples, nothing major a few 1000? 2000 max. I've seen some 'professional, experienced' guys talk about being too young etc.. but if I hang on with fin give a couple of years and things look good.. why not use some grafts on the hairline?? I'd 100% prefer to have hair on the hairline as opposed to the crown? I use toppik now on the hairline which is much more difficult to use than on the crown!

Any comments or advice welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROBZ View Post
    I have but it's definitely not something I'd be happy to do. I've done it and the lack of attention I'd get compared to when I grow my hair out a little bit is ridiculous.. some woman do like the bald muscle look but I'm 21.. I wanna look and feel like a 21 year old! I have confidence but am still very insecure about my hair, hair fibres are staple for me! I'll be looking into a hair transplant in my temples, nothing major a few 1000? 2000 max. I've seen some 'professional, experienced' guys talk about being too young etc.. but if I hang on with fin give a couple of years and things look good.. why not use some grafts on the hairline?? I'd 100% prefer to have hair on the hairline as opposed to the crown? I use toppik now on the hairline which is much more difficult to use than on the crown!

Any comments or advice welcome!!
    Exactly, if you've stabilised don't listen to the morons who don't recommend an aggressive hairline transplant,they're typically doctors who don't do dense packing and forty year old men who have gone through transplants themselves and have a full head of hair; in other words doctors who are too incompetent to offer a youthful transplant in the first place and men who have forgotten what it's like to be balding at 21. You'll rarely see someone who goes to a high quality doctor for a transplant 18-25 who regrets it or looks bad aside from those who didn't do their research for a good surgeon, and weren't on propecia.

I'm 22 and getting one with Koray in the next few weeks.