Which Norwood am I? Am I a candidate for HT? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which Norwood am I? Am I a candidate for HT?

Hello fellow balded brethren,

This is my first post here. I am 30 years old and have been balding since I was about 22. My grandad and uncle on my mothers side are bald too so it runs in the family.

I have never taken propecia or any other drugs for this, and I don't plan to. I figured I would wait till it all fell out first then make a decision on what to do. I think my hair loss has stalled now and I don't believe I have lost any more hair in the last couple of years.

I have a fair bit of body hair to contribute, my donor area may be of average to good density and I would consider FUE if It would have a good effect. What's your take? Is FUE worth it or am i too far gone? Have been shaving for years and don't mind it too much but would definitely prefer some hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170202_144912535.jpg

Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	50843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170202_144909081.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	50844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170202_144853419.jpg

Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	50845  

I'd say your a 6. It could be difficult to ever cover that much ground with a HT. If you've been shaving for several years is it much of a problem to just keep doing it? You seem to look good with a shaved head. Not sure risking scarring for incomplete coverage is worth it for you also factor in multiple surgeries to cover that much ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    I'd say your a 6. It could be difficult to ever cover that much ground with a HT. If you've been shaving for several years is it much of a problem to just keep doing it? You seem to look good with a shaved head. Not sure risking scarring for incomplete coverage is worth it for you also factor in multiple surgeries to cover that much ground.
    Thanks for the input Steve. I don't look too bad shaved but it only looks good for a day or two then it needs shaving again, and I find that quite annoying to have to shave every two days. I'm more of a low maintenance guy and what appeals about hair to me is the fact that it can be left for a couple of weeks before any adjustment needs to be made.

With FUE isn't scarring minimal with good surgeons, to the point where it can be shaved again and the donor area looks fine? Multiple surgeries don't bother me too much, although that will likely cost more. Speaking of cost, assuming I was to go for it what would the price range be with reputable surgeons? also, what is the best coverage I could hope for assuming an average donor area?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlee99 View Post
    . I'm more of a low maintenance guy and what appeals about hair to me is the fact that it can be left for a couple of weeks before any adjustment needs to be made.
    like Steve says , you look fine . I wouldn't even think about a HT .

Watch this

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ars-HT-Class-4

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    like Steve says , you look fine . I wouldn't even think about a HT .

Watch this

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ars-HT-Class-4
    Joe's hair looks fantastic even in spite of all the botched procedures and repairs he has put his donor through. He also says he doesn't regret his transplant journey, DESPITE all the mistakes he made. I think that's about as good evidence as you can get that you SHOULD get a HT.

"Thanks for the input Steve. I don't look too bad shaved but it only looks good for a day or two then it needs shaving again, and I find that quite annoying to have to shave every two days. I'm more of a low maintenance guy and what appeals about hair to me is the fact that it can be left for a couple of weeks before any adjustment needs to be made.

With FUE isn't scarring minimal with good surgeons, to the point where it can be shaved again and the donor area looks fine? Multiple surgeries don't bother me too much, although that will likely cost more. Speaking of cost, assuming I was to go for it what would the price range be with reputable surgeons? also, what is the best coverage I could hope for assuming an average donor area?"

Erdogan in my opinion is the best surgeon in the game at cover large areas such as this, and likely you would 5000 grafts in a single procedure. Most have enough for 7000 FUE grafts before the entire scalp density is homogenised. Erdogan's price is 2.5 Euro which is cheaper than the vast majority of high end surgeons, so you'd be looking at a cost of 12500 Euros minimum. You should be able to cover your entire balding area with a higher and recessed hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    You should be able to cover your entire balding area with a higher and recessed hairline.
    it will still be a think look and he might end up regretting it especially if he thinks it will be dense

It wouldn't be particularly thin with 5000 grafts but he'd have to accept a high norwood 2 or 3 hairline. He'd look better with a transplant than being bald.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    It wouldn't be particularly thin with 5000 grafts but he'd have to accept a high norwood 2 or 3 hairline. He'd look better with a transplant than being bald.
    I disagree
    It's been said before , it's worse to have a bad transplant or a transplant than every knows you had done than being bald .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    I disagree
    It's been said before , it's worse to have a bad transplant or a transplant than every knows you had done than being bald .
    Would a surgeon like Koray Erdogan, Rahal or Hasson + Wong do a bad transplant? He should choose a great surgeon from the IAHRS, and chances are he'll get a substantially better result than his current state.

Well I think even with FUE you won't be able to shave down to the length that is shown in the pictures. Seems like you've kinda reached acceptance with going bald. Not sure I'd mess with that.