Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrPenguin
    • Feb 2017

I'm new here and i have a question

Hi guys! I'm new here and i joined this website to get an answer from you guys regarding "Finasteride", So i bought finasteride 1 mg because i'm having hair loss. I read about the side effects of course before taking it but i said to myself i'm gonna give it a shot. So i took for 1 week only and i can tell that i'm facing decrease in sexual desire which did not exist before taking finasteride. I decided to stop taking it since it might make more side effects. So my question is i took fin for 1 week only, how long will it take for side effects to cease? and should i stop completely?
  • MrPenguin
    • Feb 2017

What i meant by decrease in sexual desire is erectile dysfunction, since i'm not having morning erection anymore and not being able to achieve full erection properly.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by MrPenguin
      Hi guys! I'm new here and i joined this website to get an answer from you guys regarding "Finasteride", So i bought finasteride 1 mg because i'm having hair loss. I read about the side effects of course before taking it but i said to myself i'm gonna give it a shot. So i took for 1 week only and i can tell that i'm facing decrease in sexual desire which did not exist before taking finasteride. I decided to stop taking it since it might make more side effects. So my question is i took fin for 1 week only, how long will it take for side effects to cease? and should i stop completely?
      It's probably in your head to some extent. Try lowering the dose to 0.25mg and keep going with it.

Comment

• MrPenguin
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by JeanlucBergman
        It's probably in your head to some extent. Try lowering the dose to 0.25mg and keep going with it.
        I'm pretty sure it's the side effects because when i started taking it i didn't read any story about its side effects as i was pretty positive about it. til i noticed im not getting morning erection anymore, which made me
        read people stories about its side effects. I'm not sure if i should keep taking it with lower doses or stop it completely.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
          • Nov 2016

Without propecia you won't keep your hair. It's kind of that simple. Some people press through and the sides stop. If I were you I'd drop the dose and if it is still a problem, evaluate your situation again. Without propecia you'll be stuck with transplants.

Comment

• MrPenguin
            • Feb 2017

Without propecia you won't keep your hair. It's kind of that simple. Some people press through and the sides stop. If I were you I'd drop the dose and if it is still a problem, evaluate your situation again. Without propecia you'll be stuck with transplants.
            Can i stop for a little while to see if the sides will go away then take it again?
            and does lower doses means less side effects?

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
              • Nov 2016

0.25mg is about 70% as effective at blocking DHT as 1mg, so sides will be less likely. If I were you I'd start doing weight training to increase your testosterone, as those who get sides on propecia have low T levels.

Comment

• MrPenguin
                • Feb 2017

did you face similar effects as me in the beginning? like low libido and low sexual desire?

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                  • Nov 2016

I had low libido the first time on 1mg after about a week, then went to 0.25mg about a year later and my libido increased the first month then levelled off again. After my first try I started weights training though and was exercising a lot more.

Comment

• MrPenguin
                    • Feb 2017

I had low libido the first time on 1mg after about a week, then went to 0.25mg about a year later and my libido increased the first month then levelled off again. After my first try I started weights training though and was exercising a lot more.
                    leveled off you mean it decreased again or it stayed stable afterwards?

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                      • Nov 2016

Stayed stable.

Comment

Working...