+ Reply to Thread

Default How many drugs at once?

In my research in hair loss I've come across all these drugs...

Avodart (Dutasteride)
    Rogaine Foam
    Propecia (Finasteride)
    Nizoral Shampoo
    Eucadil (Fluradil)
    Hair Solutions
    Azelaic Acid Cream

How many do you take at a time? Is a regiment of finasteride and rogaine foam good enough or add Nizoral too?

Also, can you use dutasteride and finasteride at the same time? I went to see a doctor today and he only prescribed me finasteride. How would I go about getting dutasteride if I wanted to start on it?

You can get dutasteride online.

inhousepharmacy.com

Most people recommend using Finasteride, minoxidil(rogain) and ketoconazole(ingredient in nizoral) shampoo.

Dutasteride might be more effective than finasteride, since it blocks 2 types of DHT. It has a longer half life and side effects are more common. They also stay for weeks maybe months because of the long half life.

Fluradil is a very effective topical treatment as well. You can use this or rogaine. I can't personally think of using both, since that would just be a lot of effort and money.

Just use the big 3, you will be fine. If things don't work out then try dutasteride and fluridil.

Definitely use Nizoral shampoo, propecia and rogain. You can use all 3 together. Chances of side effects are extremely low.

Thats my opinion on things.

btw I plan on taking 1 dutasteride pill weekly with my finasteride dose.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    You can get dutasteride online.

4rx.com

inhousepharmacy.com

Most people recommend using Finasteride, minoxidil(rogain) and ketoconazole(ingredient in nizoral) shampoo.

Dutasteride might be more effective than finasteride, since it blocks 2 types of DHT. It has a longer half life and side effects are more common. They also stay for weeks maybe months because of the long half life.

Fluradil is a very effective topical treatment as well. You can use this or rogaine. I can't personally think of using both, since that would just be a lot of effort and money.

Just use the big 3, you will be fine. If things don't work out then try dutasteride and fluridil.

Definitely use Nizoral shampoo, propecia and rogain. You can use all 3 together. Chances of side effects are extremely low.

Thats my opinion on things.

btw I plan on taking 1 dutasteride pill weekly with my finasteride dose.
    Keepthehair, it's nice to see someone offering advice, but you should mention what you actually use at this time. You say chance of side effects are extremely low when using the big 3, but I believe it's fairly common to experience lower libido from propecia or scalp irration from rogaine...are you using the big 3? How do you know Fluradil is effective, do you use it and what are your results?

I would argue side effects are very common, although mainly because of the placebo effect. They tend to go away when your body adjusts to the drugs though.

For gods sake tell your doctor if you plan to use one of these drugs though, unless he won't give you a prescription. Self medication is fine once you've taken these drugs for a while, but it's essential to moniter what is happening in the early days.

Also, don't expect too much. If you retain what you have, the drugs are working. If you want more, surgery is your best option.

StayStrongMen:

Yes, I am using the big 3. I have no side effects.

For fluridil you can go read the clinical studies yourself. Or go read the numerous good reviews on many bulletin boards across the internet. I have not used it but it looks like a very promising treatment, especially for maintaining. It can increase anagen hair counts and make your hair definitely look better.

Chances of side effects ARE low. Lower libido however is the most common side effect in finasteride. Users report this going away after weeks of usage.

It is obvious that someone should consider and thoroughly read up on the side effects before trying any drug. And definitely consider speaking to a doctor prior to getting on anything. This goes without saying.

With the obsession that I have gained about hair loss I truly feel the products I mentioned at least do something, compared to the crap you can get like the hairmax lasercomb or provillus...those are the scams.

I only intended to help. I don't know much about hair loss but I do believe finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo are worth a try for anyone. Although it is quite obvious that these products are require prescriptions for good reason - the side effects are possible. You should be careful at all times.

I don't claim to know anything about hair loss. But I do believe in the things that I mention. Side effects are uncommon and should not steer someone away from trying to get their life back. Just choose the safe root and monitor yourself with the help of a doctor is what people should do.

Some drugs do the same job and there is no point wasting your money on two. After all, you wouldn't use two anti-biotics to fight one infection would you?

I think sticking to the big three, possibly subbing Finasteride for Dut and Minoxidil for Fluridil, is more than enough. Anything else will probably have no added benefit.

Well, I think getting a GOOD minoxidil solution is better than just some plain generic thing. Especially in the aggressive areas such as the temple/front.

******* has azelaic acid, a DHT inhibitor that is used in combination with minoxidil. If you buy the *******-PLUS it also has finasteride 0.1mg. Finasteride has shown in several studies to be effective topically. So this is all way better than buying kirkland or whatever.

It is available in 6% and 15%. I bought the 15%...cuz I am paranoid and over aggressive.

Also, I think using dutasteride WITH finasteride weekly might be a good idea. Like 8 pills weekly, 1 dutasteride. I have heard of many people who do this. I don't necessarily know if it is a good idea or not. But seeing as though finasteride doesn't have a long enough half life during a one day period maybe dutasteride fills those gaps. But I am fairly certain that if you use *******-PLUS you will greatly reduce both the type 1 and type 2, 5-alpha reductase.

But yeah...I just want more and more... The big 3 is probably all we really have at this point. I agree with what you are saying about it not being worth getting more stuff etc. But I always feel better with maximizing... I still want to get vitamins perhaps to speed up my hair growth.