+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 year old with majorly thinning hair, help! (Pics included)

Hi guys,

Im a 20 year old asian male with thin hair. Last year i had buzzed my hair down to a 1 grade expecting it to grow back how it was before (thick) but it didn't. Although my hair is still there the diameter of the hair is decreasing especially in the temples and crown. My hair feels as if it's getting thinner and thinner each day. I've been told that this is completely due to genetics as thinning hair has come from my mothers side of the family while my fathers side has thick hair.

Im keen on taking finasteride and possibly doing SMP but i don't know how to go about it. I heard taking 0.25mg a day and seeing if there's any side effects is optimal then increasing the dosage if there are none. However, my dermatologist gave me a list of tests i should do to monitor levels of testosterone, DHT zinc and so on.

Im also looking into hair transplants for the near future as i've been told i have good donor hair in the back of my head, beard and body.

Also could anyone tell me what norwood im currently at and potentially what kind of pattern i have so i can expect the worst?

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg

Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	50770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg

Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	50771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg

Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	50772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.jpg

Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	50773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1423.jpg

Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	50774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg

Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	50775  

This is a typical case of pattern baldness. Only finasteride and dutasteride are capable of stopping your hair loss. Good luck.

Derma roller once a week + minoxidil, after a few months your hair will be back, there are no if, ands or buts about it. Don't ask a doctor because they're just going to tell you to live with it or get on finastride or some stupid shit. Bro I speak from experience, my hair loss was worse than yours and now my hair is 100% grown back, if you don't believe me just look on my page.

Thank you for your response

Thank you for your reply milkman22

Hi,

Your hair looks like mine did, when I was your age. You have an amazing beard, BTW... That's genetics and hormones for you. Takes from your head, and sticks in other places.

1. Good that you saw a professional. Keep at it. Remember the folks here, are NOT (for the most part). Don't take medical advice from the internet!

2. If you are gong the medical route, again, be smart. If they promise you the moon, it's probably not going to happen. There is NO cure for MPB!

3. If you go the surgical route, just keep in mind, if you transplant young, you will have a DRASTIC change in your appearance before you look "normal" again. They may need to SHAVE your head to do the transplant, and then that hair falls out, so it could take more than a year before you are at where you started from. Can you emotionally deal with that at your age? And, you will need to do it again, as your baldness progresses.

4. No one here will be able to tell you how you progress, that is genetics. Some go bald quickly, some more slowly.

5. Have you considered just keeping it buzzed, and ignoring it? You, from what I can see, are an EXTREMELY handsome man. You are young, lots going on. If you are putting ALL of your energies into your hair, it means that other parts of your life are going to suffer.

Best of luck to you!