X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amisima
    • Feb 2017

Help and suggestions needed.

Hey guys,
    After spending hours in Google I'm still very confused. I'm planning to undergo a hair transplant procedure but I'm not sure where.. I live in Europe (Bulgaria) and after researching I can see that the best offer is in Turkey - 2100EUR. I like this price, my mental limit price is 2500EUR tops. But I'm not sure I like going to Turkey. The place is a bit wild right now. Are they alternatives (close by) with the same nice prices and good quality ? Or Turkey is unbeatable ?
    Thank you very much for spending time reading this!

Regards
    PS: Sorry if this topic is already covered.
  • JeanlucBergman
    • Nov 2016

Need photos of your situation to know what you need.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Amro
      Turkey is among the most popular destination for hair transplantation since the quality of the result is satisfactory and the prices are affordable. I made my hair transplant with only 1900 euros with hotel and internal transportation. I really enjoyed the city too.
      You can check this clinic and if u fill their form online they will call you immediately and give you all the details https://mcanhealth.com/en/hair-transplant-turkey
      Don't listen to Amro he's a shill for this dodgy, pathetic company. They steal before and after pictures from Hasson and Young and pretend they did them.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Amro
        owww i see personal hate for this company man!!!! you are lying, i didn't find any copied picture! Maybe they steal reviews then in trustpoilt and whatclinic!! maybe they steal videos reviews too with patients ? hahahaha. You are weird man
        You wouldn't because you're a paid shill, and I've reported you.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
          • Nov 2016

You literally have 7 posts, all of them shilling for this one company. I just pointed out that you're a paid shill for a company that steals before and afters from hasson and wong.

Comment

• amisima
            • Feb 2017

@ JeanlucBergman
            I apologize for the super late response. Been a busy RL
            Here are the photos (I hope longer hair is easier to work with): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TA?usp=sharing My hair is a bit thin so I'm afraid I will need lot's of hairs, or maybe I'm wrong .. not sure.
            Thank you again for spending time on helping me!
            @Amro
            Turkey is a last resort. I know they are the best (and closest to me) but I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by amisima
              @ JeanlucBergman
              I apologize for the super late response. Been a busy RL
              Here are the photos (I hope longer hair is easier to work with): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TA?usp=sharing My hair is a bit thin so I'm afraid I will need lot's of hairs, or maybe I'm wrong .. not sure.
              Thank you again for spending time on helping me!
              @Amro
              Turkey is a last resort. I know they are the best (and closest to me) but I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks.
              I would say Turkey is your best bet, but an IAHRS surgeon like Civas or Erdogan would be ideal. You have advanced balding however, now way in hell are you going to get away with a procedure that is 2500 Euros. Either you go to a cheap low end Turkish clinic which is a big gamble and in my opinion not worth the risk, or you spend 12000 Euros on a decent procedure with a doctor like Erdogan. Even with a low end clinic your'e looking at 3000 euros.

You won't get away with 2500 Euros for a good clinic though, you're dreaming plain and simple.

Comment

• DAVE52
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by amisima;246747Here are the photos (I hope longer hair is easier to work with): [url
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6B7b5iGDMXwWlRKYUYwcXpGRTA?usp=sharing[/url] My hair is a bit thin so I'm afraid I will need lot's of hairs, or maybe I'm wrong .. not sure..
                IMO you will need a lot . If you can live with what you have don't even bother going for a HT

Comment

• amisima
                  • Feb 2017

@JeanlucBergman
                  Interesting. I saw many options in Turkey and even Amsterdam for 2100EUR and they offer 8000 hairs. For what I've researched it's not really a medical procedure but a cosmetic one. At least the FUE. People say that the transplant is done by a technician not the doctor. The "cheap low end" clinics have many customers which means lot's of experience. I've read quite a lot of success stories for 2100EUR. What makes good clinic and what bad? Why should I give x10 the money for a procedure that can be done by just a technician ? This is not a complex surgery after all ? This is what I can't get. The price difference is just huge. Thanks.

@Dave52
                  I was about to live with this, but than I saw the 2100EUR options. Sadly my head turns out to be less than pretty when shaved (moles, scars, crooked shape). I'm still young and single so ..

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                    • Nov 2016

A clinic that charges $2100 for 4000ish grafts (about 8000 hairs) has no incentive to do a good job. They might put a trainee on who doesn't do the incisions deep enough and none of the hairs will grow, they could be at the wrong angles, they can over harvest a small area and leave the back not homogeneous anymore. 75% of the results at cheap clinics will be ok, but there are a LOT of botched results where you will end up looking like a freak. It is a simple procedure in steps, but it takes a substantial amount of skill and effort to do a good job. For 2100 euros they don't really care if they do a good job or not or putting in effort.

You're playing Russian Roulette with a cheap technician based surgery from a clinic without any certification. If I were you I'd save the 12500 euros and do it properly.

Comment

• amisima
                      • Feb 2017

@ JeanlucBergman
                      So it's all about incentive and skill. You are probably right. It's a gamble but I'm pretty sure those cheap clinics are far more experienced than the expensive ones (at least judging from the number of reviews in WhatsClinic) . People like cheap I saw thousands positive reviews for some cheap ones in Turkey (like Dr Cinik or Arenamed) and very popular FB pages so maybe I will gamble. After all if they make a mess I will go fully shaved for the rest or my life. Which I must do now I guess Saving 12k euros is not a huge problem but damn I can't mentally accept such a huge price difference.. Thank you for you expertise and nice advises!

Comment

• Rizaan
                        • Dec 2014

you do realise if you get a HT done, it's going to leave scars (even with FUE - tiny dots on the donor areas), and it will become noticeable if you shave your head.
                        Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation?

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Rizaan
                          you do realise if you get a HT done, it's going to leave scars (even with FUE - tiny dots on the donor areas), and it will become noticeable if you shave your head.
                          Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation?
                          Scalp micropigmentation looks like garbage.

Comment

• amisima
                            • Feb 2017

@Rizaan Darn, I just checked how those scars look. Not cool I thought it's scarless. So naive of me So if I get crappy HT I need to "fix" those scars with micropigmentation which costs 2500EUR. It's funny, because if I choose cheap and fail I need to pay ~full HT price to "fix" it. Cute. With my luck this will happen

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by amisima
                              @Rizaan Darn, I just checked how those scars look. Not cool I thought it's scarless. So naive of me So if I get crappy HT I need to "fix" those scars with micropigmentation which costs 2500EUR. It's funny, because if I choose cheap and fail I need to pay ~full HT price to "fix" it. Cute. With my luck this will happen
                              In my opinion you could definitely get good results with a great surgeon, for FUT Hasson + Wong are great or for FUE Koray Erdogan at ASMED is fantastic, however I wouldn't take the risk with anything lower. The larger the area covered, you want the highest chance of a high graft survival rate. It will probably cost you 12500-15000 euros, however you'll get a very good result.

For a smaller surgery where you already have enough hair to do a comb over if the transplant yields bad results and still have more grafts in your donor area available, a cheap clinic is plausible but still risky. For your extent of loss, I don't really see it as an option. It would be a gamble, which I would only recommend if you were virtually broke and your hair loss was making you suicidal.

Comment

Working...