+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Problem with Citing Examples of Good Looking Bald Men

While on this site I have come across numerous threads listing bald(ing) men who are considered good looking by the ladies. For example, Vin Diesel and Jason Statham. The thing being overlooked is that both of these guys are very physically fit. If they had hair they'd be EVEN MORE attractive.

Currently, I'm not the most physically fit guy and I was in really good, way above average shape for one year in my life. With that being said, when I had a full head of hair I could often get by with being 'cute' in the eyes of many females even if I was scrawny.

Now that I'm losing my hair I think I've lost that appeal...

My point is, maybe we should use hair loss as a motivation to get physically fit so that we're on par with guys who have hair? I'm just trying to be positive about all of this, haha!

The trouble is, do you really have any motivation to get fit just so that you can look good in someone else's eyes? I have zero motivation to exercise when I know already I'll be disappointed with the end result.

I also don't want to look like the examples you give. In identity terms, they are the polar opposite to me and I'd hate to look like them.

I say any motivation to get physically fit is great- particularly if it's a way of turning your hair loss into something positive. Sure, you shouldn't get fit just to look good in someone else's eyes but working out is something that will surely benefit you in many ways, and if you happen to have some more admirers because of it, so be it! You only live once so you might as well try to be the best version of you that you possibly can.

Just to throw it out there- I think both Michael Stipes and Andre Agassi are really handsome men and they don't fit that typical action-hero profile (though Agassi is certainly fit and Michael Stipes has that whole famous musician thing going for him ).

Also, you got me thinking...what would Vin Diesel look like with hair?!

This is my logic:

Life is crap with hair loss and I'll never be happy with my image.

I have few remaining pleasures in life. These include reading, good food and alcohol (in moderation of course!).

The option facing me is either be chubby and bald, or be fit and bald. So, basically the choice is, well, say Homer Simpson or Steve Jobs! I'm really not bothered either way. Both are as depressing as the other.

If I choose to be Homer Simpson, I can retain my current lifestyle and keep eeking out the remaining pleasures of life.

If I choose Steve Jobs, I give up the pleasures of life to do something I hate (going to the gym).

Besides the fact that a gym lifestyle will make me more miserable, I won't get any positive return from it at all. In fact, if I choose the Homer option, I'm basically living the same life I did before hair loss, so I'm not a prisoner of it. I'm a victim, certainly, in so far as I'm involuntarily discriminated against for it, but I'm still in control.

In contrast, if I take the Steve option, then I become a prisoner of my baldness. Not only will it steal my life chances away, it will actually steal hours from my life in the gym and it'll even steal the nice food off my plate and the wine out of my glass!

I agree baldness sucks and it really changes your life dramatically.

You really LOSE your image. It's GONE. You have to start being someone else.

To top it off....it is an UGLY someone else. People have no respect for bald people, ugly people, fat people.

eh. what a disaster

Cool

Fixed by 35, Keep the hair - I feel sorry for you both. You must have horrendous self images of your self.
    I understand hairloss can be devastating to some people, especially at a young age....so 'keep the hair' i have a bit of understanding for...... however 'fixed by 35' - i would hate to be a close friend of yours! - what a pecimist!. Homer simpson is a cartoon character
    Andre Agassi, Vin diesel, Bruce Willis, Patrick Stewart, Taye Diggs, Stanley Tucci,Kelly Slater....... are all examples of good looking bald men. Go onto other forums - ask women whether these men are ugly??

Quote Originally Posted by jooder View Post
    Fixed by 35, Keep the hair - I feel sorry for you both. You must have horrendous self images of your self.
    I understand hairloss can be devastating to some people, especially at a young age....so 'keep the hair' i have a bit of understanding for...... however 'fixed by 35' - i would hate to be a close friend of yours! - what a pecimist!. Homer simpson is a cartoon character
    Andre Agassi, Vin diesel, Bruce Willis, Patrick Stewart, Taye Diggs, Stanley Tucci,Kelly Slater....... are all examples of good looking bald men. Go onto other forums - ask women whether these men are ugly??
    Exercise releases endorphins which are essential for good mental health. Plus, chicks like a guy who's in shape. I'm sure if you asked a girl to pick between an out-of-shape bald guy or an in shape one, she'll go for the latter. Furthermore, I'm sure they'll take an inshape bald guy over a fat guy with hair.

Working out is about being healthy and feeling good. FTW man. I agree with jooder-you all have to stop being so pessimistic. Being bald is NOT the end of the world. Sure it sucks, but come on man.

Actually I have thought about it and... A guy who is bald is still less likely to be picked than the guy with hair.

You are thinking about the GOOD looking guy without hair and the bad looking guy with hair.

Take the same guy.

In once instance you take away all his hair or some of it whatever you want.

In the next you rather make him fat or slightly fat, whatever.

The bald dude is still way less attractive than the fat guy. Truth of the matter is there is a lot more room for a belly than there is for a receding hair line. I feel this is very true.

Sure if you have a total fatass he won't get far. But you know, baldness is still much less attractive than just "being out of shape".

And for what it's worth I am in extremely good shape...at least I think so.

KeepTheHair I think you are rather obsessed with your appearance now. Not everything has to be defined on the attractiveness scale. Maybe due to your genes, you will become bald and hence unattractive.

However, instead of defining yourself by your hair loss, how about you channel your energy to be rich and famous? These traits are more than sufficient to offset any loss in attractiveness due to your baldness. Baldness is something beyond our control now, but being rich is certainly something that is achieveable, at least more so than keeping your hair if nature wants to take it off you.

Sean Connery was sexy with and without his toupees