+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Honestly if that is you in that photo nearly fifty you look like you have a full head!!!!

You will be fine

For me I really am staying on meds and buzzing I think because I shudder the thought of progessing to a 5 or 6 in a few short years then my transplant looks way worse and I am a 36 year old thinning guy who cannot cut his hair close neat clip and that concerns me

Also my hair longer really annoys me and I think for more coverage on a HT you need to sport it longer in most cases

If I stay on meds I will be no worse off if I am 40 and not so bad balding wise to really go for a transplant and who knows maybe Histogen will of made history

I am 48 in that pic and now almost 50. I think I am about the same? More or less. My hair loss has been slow and I guess I am lucky to have what I have.

From the front I look ok and most people never noticed my hair was an issue. However, if I tilted my head down or you saw the back you would notice the thinning. This is especially true in the sun. When I went to my hair Dr it was suggested I improve and lower my hair line a little and than fill in the top until they ran out of doner hairs. I ran out of hairs about 3/4 the way back. So my area of thinning on my crown never got covered. I guess the idea is to comb my hair back over it as best I can. I comb my hair back anyway.

I am on proscar 1/4 a pill in the am also. I don't think it made any difference but now I am afraid to stop as it my be slowing the loss process down a little. My friend went on it and grew 80% of his hair back. But that's the breaks.

I am concerned with my existing hair quality as I feel it is getting finer or maybe miniaturizing, but the consultant said the doner hair was good. Also I am experiencing an increase in shedding since the HT. I knew this could happen but I hoped it would not. I hate washing my hair as the fall out continues. In fact I try to wash it only 4 or 5 days a week, skipping a few days where possible. I know this won't help that much but I hate seeing all the hair in my hands.

I have also stated using vitamins and some snake oil(folligen and emu oil) and bought a laser devise. I figured it can't hurt and I am just trying to tip the scale in my favor during the healing and regrowth phase.

In my opinion getting women is not about our hair.
    If a guy with no charism or self esteem and a lot of hair walks into a bar
    and right behind him a dude walks in with thin or no hair but smiling from one ear to the other...girls are going to go for the bald dude.

Man, it runs in our genes. Try to be proud of what you got from your dad
    or grandad. Good eyes, strong bones or a big fat...!

No matter what you have...be positive. Most of you arent have as bad as me in my age. Look at my story.

But again...the key to life is not hair, its what youre good at and what/who you love. Stick to that and ignore comments about thin hair.

I get the impression that some guys in this community are about to kill themselves. I know how it feels. Dont let it rule you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    The trouble is, do you really have any motivation to get fit just so that you can look good in someone else's eyes? I have zero motivation to exercise when I know already I'll be disappointed with the end result.

I also don't want to look like the examples you give. In identity terms, they are the polar opposite to me and I'd hate to look like them.
    Getting a HT and going on meds has actually motivated me to get back into shape. I slacked when the hair started losing... sort of like "whats the point" attitude

It is also another badge of insecurity, when you decide the only thing you can do is give up a large chunk of your spare time going to the gym, basically for no other reason than to please others with your appearance. If you're bald, you might as well be fat too for all the difference a bit of exercise is going to make. A second job would be time better spent, in order to achieve earning parity with those who did not lose their hair at a young age!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    If you're bald, you might as well be fat too for all the difference a bit of exercise is going to make.
    Not true. I've seen cute/hot girls with bald dudes in real life. (As in, people I've actually known).

Never seen one with a fat bald dude.

So, don't be fat and bald. Bad, bad combo.

NJS have you had a transplant or are you thinking of having one. I know what you mean about not wanting to wash your hair so often we all get like that. If you want to look at a concealor to beef up your hair (though be careful do not want to be reliant on it) then you should look at toppik or nanogen also if you are not on medication you might want to get on it

Remember: Once your head is cut it is cut there is no going back you negate shaving option so make sure you do not make any decisions based on price and go to your preferred Surgeon and if you cannot afford them save more until you can do not settle for second best

Did you get quoted a number of donor hair as you stated the consultant said to lower the hairline slightly and move back through the hair until the donor ran out (I assume you mean based on the number of grafts you wanted)

Remember this is your hair if you would rather not lower the hairline and use those few grafts to go further back then do that because you want to be happy with the choices you make and not regret anything

My fear:
    If cloning is not in our lifetime (we can hope but no one can say whether we will see it) and Histogen fail and it is another Propecia with a short life span... I get a hair transplant smiley face and I continue to lose and my hair looks like rubbish... Then what (hair system).

Nate,

I already had the ht a little more than 5 weeks ago. I used Dr Pistone who came highly recommended. In fact I have several patients that used him. Some with great results and others not so great. I don't attribute the not so great results to him, but the fact that the patients were not the best of candidates. Norwood 7 are tough to get good results with. The 2 guys I know that didn't get great results (imo) are very happy with their finished products so who am I to say. I guess a little is better than none?

As far as the scar is concerned. I did give that some thought. I hope I do not have to shave as I don't think I would look very good with or without a scar. Lol. But I would be a lair if I said I was not hoping that histogen or lattise or cloning come to fruition. I already paid for 2 procedures, but I hope the first will hold me some years so some of this other stuff can come out and save us all. I am thinning slowly and with any luck this ht will give me some more years.

The procedure I had netted 2153 units. I hope when they grow in I will be satisfied. I can tell you now that 5 weeks post op I am still sore to the touch at the doner site and the recipient site, although this seem to be diminishing. Also a lot of numbness on the back of my head right above the scar. This is annoying but not the end of the world. I thought that I would have no soreness 2 weeks later, but no. Also had hoped I would not see any shedding, but also no. Thankfully that has slowed down as I said above. The funny thing is no one and I mean no one has been able to tell I had the ht done. My kids don't know(except my son and I don't think he said anything to my 2 girls). They have never said anything to me, and I watch their eyes when the are with me and they don't look. Also I am going through a divorce right now(I know, but I had been planning the ht for years and was on proscar to see if that would work). We are all still living together and even my wife of 20 years has not said anything to me. I don't think she knows, so she was unable to tell either(of course we don't look at each other too much lol). I watch her eyes very carefully when we do talk and she never looks at my hair. So I don't think it is noticeable on me. I am wondering as it grows in will any notice. I have heard that the growth is so gradual no one recognizes it.

NJS

Is that doctor on IAHRS site? Im 31 and going crazy bout my hairloss so I really considering transplant. What do u think about FUE? Have you heard anything about Dr Jack Fisher or Dr Alan Bauman??

It freaks me out about the pain everyone is talkin about and the extra shedding 5 weeks later. Please advise.?

Yes Dr Pistone is on that site and highly recommended in this area of south NJ. I think Dr bauman is great. At least his vids and website are. Are you near him?

The pain isn't that bad but for me it is still there, but don't sweat that part. I am more concerned with the increase in shedding. But I was aware of the possibility and you should be too. It doesn't happen to everyone and I am told when they place hairs in between existing hairs, that is when it is likely to occur. I don't know where you need the work but it does happen.

Go get a consult in your area they are free and you have nothing to loose.