+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Keep the hair - You seem to have become entrenched in a very peccimistic world. Instead of presuming what everybody else likes and doesnt like.... why not ask them? There are plenty of answer sites out there - answerbag etc.

Sheesh another topic about shaving and another hard line opinion from Fixed and his brain washed side kick Keep the Hair

I do not know why people ask on these forums should I shave... Only one way to find out whether you like it. The alternative is..... There is none if you are thinning out and on Rogaine and Propecia or Avodart then keep up the meds and grow your hair back out as it will only be like it would of been anyway.

I am waiting for summer to roll around and buzzing mine off to a 3 or 2 depending on what looks ok to me. I have a small HT scar on the back (luckily not ear to ear). I have decided to buzz and go with it and get in shape thats the path I choose.

I have stopped doing more transplants... Not because they do not work they definitely work you grow the hair you move thats for real. But expectation is another thing... If you are a norwood 4 and destined that for the rest of your life and your sides and donor do not get senile alopecia over time then you will get some great results. If you go past into the 5 and 6 category then you are going to find out if you are in the lucky five percent that can spend forty grand and be bobman or Falceros... Or you can find out fast how cool it must look having a full front with the middle back crown bald as a badger look. So you gotta be really careful when you decide... For mine I figure shave it and you know if I can get past this I can do anything and in terms of people telling me can I find a girl of course you can thats ridiculous! Sure not all women will respond to you but sheesh every damn woman I know has some small complex about why they do not like a guy for this and that

If you can afford a hair transplant and look like NicNitro then do it absolutely do it. If you have fine straight hair or bad donor or any little thing that makes you not the best of the best candidate I say stop and think really hard because that fine whispy combover you sport after spending 20 grand is going to make you less attractive to women (go read forums about comb overs and also do not believe me go ask the women you know in real life if they love the comb overs). Thats about the jist of it.

As for Fixed who will tell you you are ugly if you shave hes entitled to his opinion. But I guess that will mean we wont be getting that date with him anytime soon also Lol! Gutted...

Why do you call me brainwashed? Do you think this website and hair transplantation exists because shaving is a viable option.

I don't think so.

People hate the look. Anyone who shaves his head and thinks he looks just as good is the brainwashed one.

I admit I have a bad self image. I admit it. I admit this gets to me more than it should. I can't help that. I just express my opinions openly here. I think shaving is the last option I will ever have. Some men still look good with it though. But it's just so rare. I would definitely not look good, and same goes for the majority of men.

So what do you do... That day comes that your hair really starts to look out of shape and you cannot hide the fact you have thin hair anymore

Do you just go with it and live it

Do you shave it short and neat

Do you buy a rug

Do you get a transplant

These are the options we face today if we were to freeze time and technology. I too honestly cycle through the above options... Ok reality check some guys shaved are unfortunately not blessed with good looks or a good shaped head or whatever but if it allows them the freedom to move on with their lives and re-enter the real world versus hiding at home then I hope to join their ranks soon. And another reality to me is transplants... Expectations... I see a few that are amazing for sure but then I see alot more that I look at and think to myself would I be happy (no way). So its funny when you see support forums like sly guys for sure no matter what you look like people will always say you look great. Same goes for hair transplants I saw a guy with a whisp of hair on top and it was after 6000 grafts which is what 24 grand. People were saying wow you are bald no more you have a full head. In fact he had a thin see through layer on top. Personally I think you are better to buzz or shave but that is just me

Also remember if a HT can save you for a few more years we may be looking at some big changes in the near future. Hopefully histogen or lattise will be the answer for many and than there is cloning......

That was in part my view when I underwent the HT.

I think you really have to think hard before surgery

I do not think anyone should bank on Histogen or cloning anytime soon or if they will find a real long term solution but we live in hope

Everyone needs to think worse case and young guys really need to realise this could be norwood 6 and even 7! How will your transplant hold up if all your native hair falls out and your crown goes then
    what. Not saying you shouldnt transplant but I would hate to have a fringe with a bald bare crown thats just me. Its a tough decision and alot of it is rolling the dice and hoping your hair loss does not go beyond a 5

I always look at norwood five and sixes and try gauge results... would I be happy not sure... Im not convinced young guys think like this more often they want hair for five years and think when
    thirties they will not care but just trying to give an angle of can you accept the above scenario of thin hair on top with thinning sides as a possibility and if so then go for it

In some ways your point is valid. In my case I am almost 50 with a norwood 3 vertex or 4. I felt like I could be better with a HT.

Here is what I look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Harrison's Bar Mitzvah  -   073.jpg

Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	6231  

Njs you then seem to be an ideal candidate and I would say go for it as even if you were to drastically lose to a six and this is highly unlikely you will have a great result still as thinning is fine on an older guy

My point is I am 33 and a 3-v so will I be happy at 40 with 6000 grafts up top and a norwood six normally... with my hair characteristics I dont think so

Always worry about my sides thinning also with my scars

I am a pecimist but think with a twist of reality as I could go get 3k plus grafts and get a full look but its future scenarios that really concern me

Your hair however looks ideal and you are very lucky imho so good luck

My ranting is really not at anyone it is only based on my belief young guys do not really believe future loss scenarios and they could be in for a whole world of pain later then again some may not

Do not get mw wrong some results are amazing and I would take them in a flash but there are alot I see and think yikes not so great

To have truely great results you need everything going for you

Donor density
    Hair colour
    Texture
    Coarseness
    Amount of loss
    Family history

Tick those boxes and you have home run hair

I think I am a good or fair candidate but not great. I think my hair on the sides is thin and frail, but my doc said I was good. I'll bet I didn't have many groups of 3 or 4 follicular units when he did the HT. I think I will ask at my 6 month visit.
    I still hold out hope for and up and coming treatment that will really solve the root problem. I started thinning in my early twenties, and I guess I am lucky to be a noorwood 3 at this time. my fathers dad was a 7 for sure, my moms was a 4 kinda like I am. I am using propecia and hoping to maintain what I have.

Thanks for the well wishes. I wish you luck too. I am 1 month post HT now and can't wait to see the final results.