RU58841 Warning - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RU58841 Warning

Default RU58841 Warning

A low percentage of people have experienced heart pressure/pain and/or shortness of breath after using RU58841 after as little as one week of topical usage.

Although rare, if you experience heart discomfort, pressure, and/or pain, discontinue use immediately, as in rare cases it can cause heart failure (it's a similar drug to nilutamide).

Interstitial pneumonititis is a more common side effect of using DHT-blockers in the class of RU58841 and nilutamide. This is a serious lung condition, which can be triggered by certain medications (among other things). If left untreated, it can lead to permanent scarring of the lungs, such that you can no longer breath and can possibly die. However, in the vast majority of cases, the damage is fully reversed within 6 to 12 months of discontinuation of the drug. In severe cases, you'll need to take prednisolone along with discontinuing the drug.

The following warning is printed on the box of nilutamide and should also be heeded when taking RU58841:

"ALERT: U.S. Boxed Warning
    Interstitial pneumonitis:

Interstitial pneumonitis has been reported in 2% of patients in controlled clinical trials in patients exposed to nilutamide. A small study in Japanese patients showed that 17% of patients developed interstitial pneumonitis. Reports of interstitial changes, including pulmonary fibrosis that led to hospitalization and death, have been reported rarely in postmarketing. Symptoms included exertional dyspnea, cough, chest pain, and fever. X-rays showed interstitial or alveolo-interstitial changes, and pulmonary function tests revealed a restrictive pattern with decreased diffusing capacity of lungs for carbon monoxide. Most cases occurred within the first 3 months of treatment with nilutamide, and most reversed with discontinuation of therapy. Perform a routine chest x-ray prior to initiating treatment with nilutamide. Consider baseline pulmonary function tests. Instruct patients to report any new or worsening shortness of breath that they experience while on nilutamide. If symptoms occur, immediately discontinue nilutamide until it can be determined if the symptoms are drug related."

More information of this condition and it's treatment outcomes can be found at the following link:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00368-0046.pdf

Thumbs up

Thanks for this post James,

as i use RU at the moment i am in concern of side effects. I think it is a much less risk taking 10mg/day topical then 150mg or more orally. But nevertheless if i feel like having these sideeffects with my lungs i will consult a doctor.

I don't know why anyone would use this product.

I was duped into it by messages here saying that it has absolutely no side effects when used topically, because it's basically neutralized once it hits the blood stream.

I used it a low dosage topically for about 2-3 weeks, maybe every other day. Immideately, I took a massive hit to my libido (nearly impossible to get it up) and I developed gyno.

I've been off it for a year and a half, and my gyno is still present. I believe I'm very luck as my libido recovered about 75% and I haven't experienced any heart or lung side effects as far as I know. And I hope my sperm count is still good.

As for my hair, yeah, it is still thinning out. So, absolutely useless.

I´ve never heard something like this massive effects. As i know orally DHT blocker like finasterid can effect the libido. In RU threads i´ve only read about problems with eyes (sunken eye effect).. Maybe some of your sideeffects were psychosomatic.

I've been doing RU continuously for almost 3 years. Majority high dosages 100mg+.
    I've only experienced drop in libido and weaker ejeculation, which is expected when blocking your DHT. Heart failure and lung scarring sounds like pure scaremongering from guys too afraid of using the drug.

Hi guys,

After taking Ru 3 times I seem to be experiencing cheat pains/discomfort, shortness or breath, fatigue and sternum/back aches. Symptoms seem to come and go. I rush to hospital twice on the weekend and did an EGC, ECHO, xray and blood test all pass all test. I have no history of anxiety or stress or hypochondriac nature …or any family history of heart problems … I also visited a cardiologist and he couldn't find anything... which seems to be a theme with other customer who've taken RU. I want to ensure I don't cause any long term heart problems, so I'm writing to here to ask and warn people who have been on or thinking about taking RU : (….

HELP---I really do need help here, can any one who has taken RU advise or someone in the medical field familiar with Androgen blockers advise how I can remedy the side effects asap as I don't want any long term health issues.

In the trials of ru58841 topical it was said there was no systemic affects that's why it was it was considered safe other anti androgen's such as topical flutamide were systemic in there actions.

Hello “helpneeded”! Did you find and solution? I would like to know if there’s any news on your case, because i have been experiencing some chest discomfort and also hypertension. Please contact me and lets help each other. I can send you my e-mail if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Helpneeded View Post
    Hi guys,

After taking Ru 3 times I seem to be experiencing cheat pains/discomfort, shortness or breath, fatigue and sternum/back aches. Symptoms seem to come and go. I rush to hospital twice on the weekend and did an EGC, ECHO, xray and blood test all pass all test. I have no history of anxiety or stress or hypochondriac nature …or any family history of heart problems … I also visited a cardiologist and he couldn't find anything... which seems to be a theme with other customer who've taken RU. I want to ensure I don't cause any long term heart problems, so I'm writing to here to ask and warn people who have been on or thinking about taking RU : (….

HELP---I really do need help here, can any one who has taken RU advise or someone in the medical field familiar with Androgen blockers advise how I can remedy the side effects asap as I don't want any long term health issues.
    Hello “helpneeded”! Did you find and solution? I would like to know if there’s any news on your case, because i have been experiencing some chest discomfort and also hypertension. Please contact me and lets help each other. I can send you my e-mail if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by brazil123 View Post
    Hi brazil123; hope you are doing ok -- My "friend's rat" accidentally ingested a small amount of RU but didn't think anything of it, due to the short half-life (this was a silly conclusion as once it reaches "all associated" receptors on a systemic level, nobody has data on how fast the damage is done to heart tissue and how severe it is) he was also using 1ml per day at 5% concentration for 2 years... Within a few days of the accident, his blood pressure went into the hypertensive zone and never recovered. Heart palpitations made sleep extremely difficult from that day on into perpetuity. He didn't realise it was due to the accident until having a "lightbulb" moment a week after he was not able to sleep, and had a dental surgery appointment where they informed him his blood pressure was way above his usual (he was always 117-124/78 before this, every time, like clockwork and 138-147/94 from then on after) There was no resolution and the damage appears to be permanent. He was in perfect health with mandatory physicals every 12 months due to occupation, right up unto the accident. His resting heart rate immediately changed from 52 to 60 and stayed at that new level. Did your heart condition continue for the past few months? I'm assuming yes, as the last person I discussed the case with has had heart palpitations for the 6 months following cessation of the RU and no sign of improvement, they merely grew accustomed to their palpitations. People don't believe it can do this because they're uninformed. Heart palpitations are well reported at varying doses, and now the cases where seemingly permanent damage occurs have been made apparent.