PROPECIA user - My penis works again - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default PROPECIA user - My penis works again

    I took propecia for about 6 months. Daily. My hair grew back, it was thick and it felt AMAAZING to get a second chance to maintain my look.

    But the sides are real. Whoever believes that only "2%" of men get side effects, I have a bridge to sell you. It's bullshit.

    Every.single.guy.I.know.has.had.side.effects. You wanna know the truth? Most guys won't admit their sides. They'd rather keep their hair and pretend their penis works.

    In any case - I had blood tests done throughout the year. It always came back normal. My doctor didn't believe me when I said my erections were gone and my sperm was watery. He said all my tests were great, normal testosterone,etc. He said I should stay on propecia because he knows I'll lose my hair.

    I was with a girl during that time and it was just weird. I wouldn't get rock hard. It felt so strange because not only would I not have my usual bull hard on, but I didn't even have a desire for it. It's like there was no mutual chemistry and let me tell you that it is a STRANGE feeling. You can still be attracted to the girl, but you can't do anything. It's not the end of the world, but it's just really strange.

    So.. almost miraculously, my hard-ons returned. My sperm is back to normal. I began wanking even when I didn't feel like it just because I could. I went through a major shed the past few months and it SUCKS since I've been off it. And if you read my earlier posts for the past few years, I go through a major yearly shed. But I wouldn't trade my erections for hair. If you think differently, then you just haven't experienced the sides yet. Trust me.

    I haven't taken propecia in well over 6 months but I still have a full bottle. I'm tempted to take it once a week just to see if it improves my hair. But I will never again take it daily. I feel like it was a dynamite to my libido and it's just not worth it.

    My hair has been my best feature my entire life. Trust me when I say this - losing hair hurts, especially as I age. But luckily, I know there much more to life than maintaining my hair. I have bigger goals, interests, financial freedom pursuits that I'm working on, and my time on this planet is limited.

    For those who are overly concerned, here's a reminder: you're going to die one day. It may not be comfortably in bed in your 80s. It can be today or tomorrow. And if you've convinced yourself that losing hair is the end of the world - then you've been a blind man walking around aimlessly your entire life and you've been surrounded by the wrong people.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member pkipling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    584

    Default

    This is a very helpful thread for guys who experience side effects with Propecia and don't know what to do. My answer is always to try to tactfully say "If you're experiencing side effects, then you have to choose: Do you want to maintain your hair and lose your libido/erections? Or do you want to keep your libido/erections and potentially lose your hair? Which one is more important?" So many guys resist this reality and fight tooth and nail to be able to have both. "I want to keep my libido AND my hair!" But the reality is that for some guys, this isn't possible with Propecia, and the sooner any of us can accept this, the sooner we can come up with a Plan B that's based on reality, not on wishful thinking.
    __________________
    I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJhair View Post
    I wouldn't trade my erections for hair. If you think differently, then you just haven't experienced the sides yet. Trust me.
    This. So much this.

    I used to think "meh, so what if i lose a little libido, if i can keep my hair". Wait till the first time the little guy gets numb, and you can't get it up. Wait till you start budding man boobs. It is some scary s*** that you never want to experience. Wew boy, if you thought hair loss was depressing, there's no comparison to the depression of not feeling like a man. And all of this from just a month of TOPICAL use.

    I feel super lucky that, after quitting, my libido has recovered about 75%, but there are still few things that are off (and my gyno is here to stay).

    I almost feel hesitant to see a doctor. Is there anyone who has seen one, and actually gotten positive response from the doctor instead of being dismissive? Any stories of improvement due to treatment?

    And yes, the "Only 2% of men get side effects" is total BULLSH*T. This is just Merck's PR. Nothing more.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    But the reality is that for some guys, this isn't possible with Propecia, and the sooner any of us can accept this, the sooner we can come up with a Plan B that's based on reality, not on wishful thinking.
    So what is your idea of plan B? Hair transplants also require propeci to maintain existing hair, right?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post

    I used to think "meh, so what if i lose a little libido, if i can keep my hair".
    Yea, been there. I actually thought giving up a little libido for my hair was worth the trade-off. But it's not a little libido. Propecia is like krptonite for a man's sex drive.

    And I also thought every guy is different. Maybe all these guys posting on the forums don't really lead healthy lives otherwise. Maybe they don't workout. Maybe they're already depressed. Maybe they're just part of the new breed of feminine guys who complain about everything.

    Maybe my case will be different bc I'm healthy, strong minded, independent, etc. Well it wasn't.

    I still can't believe how strange it felt to be with a girl and not be able to visualize having sex with her. It's like I'd picture myself in-between her legs but since I wasn't getting hard, all I could imagine was just laying on top of her. And this is my imagination we're talking about! If that's the best it can do, I'm in trouble!

    Fwiw, I'm in my early 30s. This whole experience is sobering. There's people on these forums contemplating suicide and going through major depression issues and yet they fail to understand that we live in a ****ed up society that places too much emphasis on appearances.

    It's far more valuable and fulfilling to connect with a women on emotional levels than to think you need to be some pretentious, cute looking guy to attract girls. And that's besides the point, there's more to life than appearances.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJhair View Post
    Yea, been there. I actually thought giving up a little libido for my hair was worth the trade-off. But it's not a little libido. Propecia is like krptonite for a man's sex drive.

    And I also thought every guy is different. Maybe all these guys posting on the forums don't really lead healthy lives otherwise. Maybe they don't workout. Maybe they're already depressed. Maybe they're just part of the new breed of feminine guys who complain about everything.

    Maybe my case will be different bc I'm healthy, strong minded, independent, etc. Well it wasn't.

    I still can't believe how strange it felt to be with a girl and not be able to visualize having sex with her. It's like I'd picture myself in-between her legs but since I wasn't getting hard, all I could imagine was just laying on top of her. And this is my imagination we're talking about! If that's the best it can do, I'm in trouble!

    Fwiw, I'm in my early 30s. This whole experience is sobering. There's people on these forums contemplating suicide and going through major depression issues and yet they fail to understand that we live in a ****ed up society that places too much emphasis on appearances.

    It's far more valuable and fulfilling to connect with a women on emotional levels than to think you need to be some pretentious, cute looking guy to attract girls. And that's besides the point, there's more to life than appearances.


    I'm on it and after the first week of mild ball tingle I have had NO side effects. "I was with a girl during that time and it was just weird. I wouldn't get rock hard." You were with ONE girl in six months? Sounds like you're lacking testosterone and the know how and prowess with women to control yourself, for most people who work out regularly and have high testosterone levels and experience with women they will not experience sides. You're arguing against 20+ studies which list side effects anywhere from 2-7%, which is still incredibly low.

    "****ed up society that places too much emphasis on appearances. "

    You're so incredibly ignorant it is sickening. It isn't society, it is HUMAN NATURE as baldness is a signal of decay, bad genetics and lack of youthfulness. OF COURSE people and women in particular are going to see this as a negative. We are a superficial species, you can't reject or opt out of human nature. As a bald person you are a genetic freak, and particularly with younger girls 18-30 they will NEVER look at you the same again. You are used up and a genetic degenerate to them.

    "yet they fail to understand that we live"

    They know perfectly well, they just aren't a pathetic sexless loser like yourself who can only get one woman every SIX MONTHS. When you go from the alpha male to the bald guy it is earth shattering, and if you don't understand this then your life was pathetic to begin with.

    "It's far more valuable and fulfilling to connect with a women on emotional levels than to think you need to be some pretentious, cute looking guy to attract girls"

    You're essentially halving your market field. Many women who are incredibly intelligent, cultured and in a high end job will reject you outright because you don't fit their sexual market value anymore. You are stuck with the lower end of the field. You're settling for mediocrity, and likely doing so because you aren't particularly intellectual, in a good job or cultured so you weren't a good fit for higher end women to begin with. Women under 30 will not go for a 25 year old bald guy and he will be laughed at and set aside. Your life is over as a bald 20 year old unless you are like yourself, and accept ugly, fat and stupid women, because you consider that your own level.

    To everyone reading, if you're thinking about taking propecia PLEASE do so, the SCIENCE and STUDIES say that only 2-7% will get sides, and the rest will improve their lives dramatically. Don't choose the path of failure because of this beta cuck!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    I'm on it and after the first week of mild ball tingle I have had NO side effects. "I was with a girl during that time and it was just weird. I wouldn't get rock hard." You were with ONE girl in six months? Sounds like you're lacking testosterone and the know how and prowess with women to control yourself, for most people who work out regularly and have high testosterone levels and experience with women they will not experience sides. You're arguing against 20+ studies which list side effects anywhere from 2-7%, which is still incredibly low.

    "****ed up society that places too much emphasis on appearances. "

    You're so incredibly ignorant it is sickening. It isn't society, it is HUMAN NATURE as baldness is a signal of decay, bad genetics and lack of youthfulness. OF COURSE people and women in particular are going to see this as a negative. We are a superficial species, you can't reject or opt out of human nature. As a bald person you are a genetic freak, and particularly with younger girls 18-30 they will NEVER look at you the same again. You are used up and a genetic degenerate to them.

    "yet they fail to understand that we live"

    They know perfectly well, they just aren't a pathetic sexless loser like yourself who can only get one woman every SIX MONTHS. When you go from the alpha male to the bald guy it is earth shattering, and if you don't understand this then your life was pathetic to begin with.

    "It's far more valuable and fulfilling to connect with a women on emotional levels than to think you need to be some pretentious, cute looking guy to attract girls"

    You're essentially halving your market field. Many women who are incredibly intelligent, cultured and in a high end job will reject you outright because you don't fit their sexual market value anymore. You are stuck with the lower end of the field. You're settling for mediocrity, and likely doing so because you aren't particularly intellectual, in a good job or cultured so you weren't a good fit for higher end women to begin with. Women under 30 will not go for a 25 year old bald guy and he will be laughed at and set aside. Your life is over as a bald 20 year old unless you are like yourself, and accept ugly, fat and stupid women, because you consider that your own level.

    To everyone reading, if you're thinking about taking propecia PLEASE do so, the SCIENCE and STUDIES say that only 2-7% will get sides, and the rest will improve their lives dramatically. Don't choose the path of failure because of this beta cuck!


    What a pathetic Alpha wannabe you are. Crying on internet forums about how your hairloss will diminish you chances of survival. Imagine that, the fate of mankind resting man's ability to maintain his hair.

    Ok Mr. Wannabe Alpha, let me give you an alternative perspective. Not because I care to convince you (I don't), but rather because forums like these seemed to be filled with dimwits like yourself who have nothing to live for besides looking cute and glamorous.

    Yes - one girl in 6 months b/c I was in something called a relationship. I'm pursuing something called marriage. It requires something called commitment and values and getting to know one another, which takes time. FAST FACT: it's a mating ritual that allows the human species to reproduce!

    Now I know you watch the Nature channel and wanna be the lion of the jungle, but you're not. You're on the internet crying about your hairloss. Time to wake up little boy. Reality might sting.

    As for my testosterone lacking - read what I wrote. Slowly...this...time. My blood tests have always been normal. My docs always denied my issues. I had the initial balls tingling, it went away. I thought I was the exception, I wasn't. If your head hurts, don't worry, thinking will do that sometimes.

    "It isn't society, it is HUMAN NATURE as baldness is a signal of decay, bad genetics and lack of youthfulness."

    It's time to step out of your little cubicle that you probably work in, while claiming to be an online Alpha. I will agree with you that HAIR is always better than no hair. And in our current media saturated, sex-crazed, filtered society - a full head of hair will always be better than a bald head.

    Now we're about to something unique here, time to put on your thinking cap! Here we gooo... not everyone wants to lurk around bars and use pickup artist bullshit or share your pathetic view of what a man should be. Remember this, I'll repeat this - you claim to be Alpha but you're an online personality crying about hairloss. **** your hairloss, whatever you want in life - get it and make it happen. If you can't, stop talking about being Alpha. Boohoo I don't look cute anymore to be accepted into the cute looking circles.

    You must be in your early 20s at best. Don't worry.. you'll learn more about life as you age and expand your views. Right now, you're creating your reality because of your weak thoughts. You're choosing to step into circles that only care about looking a certain way. You think all women are a certain way and you need to fit into that mold to be accepted by them by looking cute. Your life's value rests on a factor that you can't even control - your hair/genetics. And if that's gone...you're gone. Bye bye Mr. Wannabe Alpha.

    To others reading this, this guy has a lot of learning to do. Hair is, without a doubt, a major advantage. Like Mr. Wannabe Alpha said, many women are "incredibly intelligent, cultured and in a high end job will reject you outright because you don't fit their sexual market value anymore". And he's right. You'll be rejected by women who don't find you attractive. Life's rough, isn't it? But here's a tidbit - the same women will also reject this low-esteem wannabe Alpha who places his life's worth on his hair. He won't be able to fake it in real life. An insecurity at this level will manifest in all the other things he does.

    And going one step further, the divorce rate is at least 50%. If you plan on pursuing marriage, remember that the current dating/pick-up scene is a failure. It's something you don't want to fit into. And if you sound like this clown and his pick-up-artist theory of life, then you need perspective and a change of friends.

    And lastly, I'd question why he's so adamant about promoting propecia on this forum.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJhair View Post
    What a pathetic Alpha wannabe you are. Crying on internet forums about how your hairloss will diminish you chances of survival. Imagine that, the fate of mankind resting man's ability to maintain his hair.

    Ok Mr. Wannabe Alpha, let me give you an alternative perspective. Not because I care to convince you (I don't), but rather because forums like these seemed to be filled with dimwits like yourself who have nothing to live for besides looking cute and glamorous.

    Yes - one girl in 6 months b/c I was in something called a relationship. I'm pursuing something called marriage. It requires something called commitment and values and getting to know one another, which takes time. FAST FACT: it's a mating ritual that allows the human species to reproduce!

    Now I know you watch the Nature channel and wanna be the lion of the jungle, but you're not. You're on the internet crying about your hairloss. Time to wake up little boy. Reality might sting.

    As for my testosterone lacking - read what I wrote. Slowly...this...time. My blood tests have always been normal. My docs always denied my issues. I had the initial balls tingling, it went away. I thought I was the exception, I wasn't. If your head hurts, don't worry, thinking will do that sometimes.

    "It isn't society, it is HUMAN NATURE as baldness is a signal of decay, bad genetics and lack of youthfulness."

    It's time to step out of your little cubicle that you probably work in, while claiming to be an online Alpha. I will agree with you that HAIR is always better than no hair. And in our current media saturated, sex-crazed, filtered society - a full head of hair will always be better than a bald head.

    Now we're about to something unique here, time to put on your thinking cap! Here we gooo... not everyone wants to lurk around bars and use pickup artist bullshit or share your pathetic view of what a man should be. Remember this, I'll repeat this - you claim to be Alpha but you're an online personality crying about hairloss. **** your hairloss, whatever you want in life - get it and make it happen. If you can't, stop talking about being Alpha. Boohoo I don't look cute anymore to be accepted into the cute looking circles.

    You must be in your early 20s at best. Don't worry.. you'll learn more about life as you age and expand your views. Right now, you're creating your reality because of your weak thoughts. You're choosing to step into circles that only care about looking a certain way. You think all women are a certain way and you need to fit into that mold to be accepted by them by looking cute. Your life's value rests on a factor that you can't even control - your hair/genetics. And if that's gone...you're gone. Bye bye Mr. Wannabe Alpha.

    To others reading this, this guy has a lot of learning to do. Hair is, without a doubt, a major advantage. Like Mr. Wannabe Alpha said, many women are "incredibly intelligent, cultured and in a high end job will reject you outright because you don't fit their sexual market value anymore". And he's right. You'll be rejected by women who don't find you attractive. Life's rough, isn't it? But here's a tidbit - the same women will also reject this low-esteem wannabe Alpha who places his life's worth on his hair. He won't be able to fake it in real life. An insecurity at this level will manifest in all the other things he does.

    And going one step further, the divorce rate is at least 50%. If you plan on pursuing marriage, remember that the current dating/pick-up scene is a failure. It's something you don't want to fit into. And if you sound like this clown and his pick-up-artist theory of life, then you need perspective and a change of friends.

    And lastly, I'd question why he's so adamant about promoting propecia on this forum.
    All I'm saying is that you're positioning yourself poorly for life and lying to yourself if you think being bald is ok. Embrace treatments and get transplants if necessary, otherwise accept you will be set aside and only lower end women will be interested, and your job prospects will take a hit.

    How is the current pick up scene a failure? What the **** does that even mean? I don't date long term lately because I haven't met anyone worthy or who I think I could have a worthy long term relationship with, you are a balding freak who settled with probably a 6/10 with a low income and lack of intellect, because NO self respecting woman will date a bald man.

    "the same women will also reject this low-esteem wannabe Alpha who places his life's worth on his hair. He won't be able to fake it in real life. An insecurity at this level will manifest in all the other things he does. "

    Keep telling yourself that while I bang teens and 7-9/10s and have a 70k salary as a 22 year old graduate.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post

    Keep telling yourself that while I bang teens and 7-9/10s and have a 70k salary as a 22 year old graduate.


    Exactly like I said, you're in your early 20s. Gee, how did I know?

    Your existence on this planet as a 'man' rests on two things:
    1) Your hair, which you can't control.
    2) Banging teens, which is a phase/fad fueled by your probable addiction to porn or spending too much time lurking on the PUA forums.

    In other words, you're a loser. Remember little boy, reality stings. But it's passable in this society because boys in their early 20s aren't mature and you're in the shit phase of living to work a shit job, to buy shit things, and impress shit people. And I bet your entire shit circle of friends is like-minded so you don't know what you don't know.

    Congrats Mr. $70k a year in the corporate rat race. 22 years old at the peak of energy and life but reduced down to a porn addicted, rabbit minded corporate slave whose goal in life is to bang teens and have hair. The future of men. Wow...I wish we had more Alphas like you to continue to uphold the human race.

    I'll entertain your replies because it's clear you don't have outside influence in your life and are in desperate need of perspective. You're not in a long term relationship because you don't want one. You wanna bang teens and you think one day you'll meet that special someone that'll sweep you off your feet. The stars will align. You'll fall in love. She'll be a 9/10 working a perfect job and you both will live the perfect high-income earning life with a beautiful home, perfect marriage, etc etc etc.

    Like I said before... divorce rate is at least 50% because the world is filled with shmucks like yourself. Luckily for you though, you're still young.

    As for me being a balding freak who will end up with a low-income women - here's a better perspective: how about being self-employed, making your own time and schedule, owning a business, being able to travel more, have an impact on the world where it's needed, being a man of value, and chasing goals and values, etc.

    You are right about one thing - my wife will be low-income, because it's likely that she won't be working (or just part time after kids). Last thing I'd want is a marriage with two people working 12+ hours a day at a corporate shit job asking permission to take time off. I'm the breadwinner kiddo. I started with zero, got a better corporate job than you but the difference is I quit, went on my own and never looked back.

    And I'll end by agreeing with you; losing hair sucks. It's a nightmare at first, especially when you're young. I get it. Hair transplants are an option but not a great solution. Using propecia on & off to try mitigating the hairloss is worth a try. But when the moment comes that you go limp and lose your libido...nothing else matters. It's NOT worth it at that point.

Similar Threads

  1. User "FearTheLoss" found a vehicle that works with CB-03-01
    By Westonci in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 10:14 AM
  2. Propecia Causes Penis Shrinkage In Rats..
    By sausage in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  3. My cousin and I both have Penis shrinkage from Propecia
    By bob13 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
  4. Propecia works really
    By Balbin in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 04:01 AM
  5. propecia/avodart regarding penis size
    By BradPiff in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

2 year update need advice
Yesterday 06:07 AM
Last Post By taylor90
Today 03:52 PM
Should I Use Nape Hair For My Hairline? [pics]
05-26-2017 11:12 AM
Last Post By dst
Today 01:31 PM
Will a Hair Transplant work for you ? | Video Interview
07-28-2019 11:14 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Spex
Today 01:24 PM
Calling Dr. Rahal FUT patients
Yesterday 01:20 PM
by rhal22
Last Post By rhal22
Today 04:50 AM
Veteran losing ground: Fin to Dut? Niz 1% to 2%? Other?
08-05-2019 05:31 PM
Last Post By VictimOfDHT
Today 02:39 AM