X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crocky
    • Feb 2017

RU does not dissolve in monoxidil

Hello,

I have just started to use RU. I wanted to mix it with minoxidil (Bailleul Biorga, French, pretty high alcohol concentration) in a 5% solution. However it doesn't really dissolve. After 15 mins of shaking I can still see the flakes of RU in the solution.

Do you have any advise to make it dissolve better? Add some ethanol? Is it better to just switch to a 70/30 solution of ethanol and PPG?

Thanks for the help!
  • doke
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by crocky
    Hello,

I have just started to use RU. I wanted to mix it with minoxidil (Bailleul Biorga, French, pretty high alcohol concentration) in a 5% solution. However it doesn't really dissolve. After 15 mins of shaking I can still see the flakes of RU in the solution.

Do you have any advise to make it dissolve better? Add some ethanol? Is it better to just switch to a 70/30 solution of ethanol and PPG?

Thanks for the help!
    Hi Crocky I made that mistake you first have to dissolve in alchohol I used 95% ethyl alcohol named spiritus aethylicus vt which I got from ebay uk in 100ml bottles it was within the eu it was sent.
    It mixed well and I then shake the bottle well I mix in batchs of 30mls at a time and use it separate from minoxidil I think it does not mix at all in minoxidil due to water content.
    Forgot to add I also include a small amount of propylene glycol but do not add that until you have mixed the ru the mix should be clear when fully dissolved.

Comment

Working...