+ Reply to Thread

Default Smartgraft FUE...

I had the smartgraft FUE done in November. I was curious had anyone else on the board had it done or any general information about how good or bad this machine is?

Quote Originally Posted by BARUBARY View Post
    I had the smartgraft FUE done in November. I was curious had anyone else on the board had it done or any general information about how good or bad this machine is?
    I'm sure the machine works just fine, but it's the doctor and the technicians you have to be concerned about. If you went to a good surgeon who uses the smart graft then you will probably have a good outcome. If you went to a surgeon who just bought a machine and hired some techs to do your surgery, then hope that the techs are very experienced. The machine has nothing to do with the outcome. Just a marketing.

Yeah that's what I am finding out after doing some research around the web. I've noticed a lot of plastic surgeons offering FUE with the smartgraft machine and I question whether or not they really know what their doing. I went to this young Doctor named Joseph Yaker before I really understood the whole HT industry, still learning obviously. I don't feel really bad about my choice quite yet because its far to early to know how this will turn out. In regards to the technicians the gentleman who did the extractions said he had been doing HT for 25 years and travels around training people on the machine. Now Dr. Yaker is young so what does that mean for me? Time will tell. He did do a couple fellowships with other Doctors one of which was Dr. Bauman a name I hear a lot looking at the youtube videos of the baldtruthtalk. So in the end who knows? Lots of variables to consider. Thanks for your response.