+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Losing more hair and Depressed

I am one of those very unlucky guys who started balding early in their life (18 for me).
    I made a post back when I started using minoxidil in 2014 :https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...o-far?p=197083

I guess I was also one of those unlucky guys for whom Minox didn't reverse hairfall (even though i started using it early).Now about 2 and a half years later, my temples and hair density are way worse. I don't comb my hair straight up to avoid people noticing my thin hair. Even my hairline is receding. I still use Minoxidil (5%) and Ketoconazole(2%) but the DHT effects are getting stronger.
    Recently I've started thinking even more about my hairloss, and I've started noticing how most people my age and even those who're way older have full heads of hair and no hair-related problems to worry about. I've even gotten puffiness under my eyes which I highly suspect is either due to minox or keto (any ideas).
    All this has made me extremely depressed. I don't talk to people as much, don't enjoy activities and don't want to go to social gatherings. My confidence is going down.
    I'm going to get my hair cut short today and see how that looks. If it makes me look even worse, I can wear a woolen hat for the rest of winter.

I'm considering Hair transplant next year, and since i live in India, thankfully it is relatively cheaper here.

What makes me feel even worse is that my Dad never had any hairloss problems but I do, starting from JUST 18 yo. He's in his late 50s and still a NW1. Why the **** couldn't I inherit that trait? Maybe it was my mother's side.

So, I did cut my hair short. I'm still depressed and can't stop thinking about hair and Hair Loss.
    I've decided I'm going to start Derma Rolling with minoxidil, and apply a combination of Emu oil, coconut oil and some other ones; see how that works for my HL. I drink green Tea once a day, don't know if that'll help but there's nothing wrong with trying.
    One thing I noticed is that even after 2 and a half years of using minoxidil, I still have those tiny hairs on my temples where I lost hair. All I need now is to find some way to stimulate them before it's too late.

Don't do hair transplants. Shave your head brace your baldness. Be confident don't get trapped into hair transplants you'll never be happy guaranteed just be confident work out dress will be bald be happy. I guarantee you you will be happier more successful better looking and more attractive if you do nothing to try to fix your hair you will never be happy and never satisfied there are no solutions to what you want to be done especially at this young age you continue to lose hair and you'll continue to be frustrated if you try to do transplants trust me when I tell you work out dress will be cool be bald be happy the ladies will love you if you do those things

Quote Originally Posted by Bellpark View Post
    Don't do hair transplants. Shave your head brace your baldness. Be confident don't get trapped into hair transplants you'll never be happy guaranteed just be confident work out dress will be bald be happy. I guarantee you you will be happier more successful better looking and more attractive if you do nothing to try to fix your hair you will never be happy and never satisfied there are no solutions to what you want to be done especially at this young age you continue to lose hair and you'll continue to be frustrated if you try to do transplants trust me when I tell you work out dress will be cool be bald be happy the ladies will love you if you do those things
    I am not one of those guys who'll look good with a bald head, and that is not an option for me.
    Why exactly should I not get a hair transplant? I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get one because their hair loss is still progressive, but I am not willing to spend my youth all depressed and miserable losing my hair waiting till I'm old enough to finally get a HT (again, going bald is not an option for me).

If u were expecting minoxidil to reverse ur loss, then u were wrong. only finasteride or dutasteride can halt the mpb.

Well I believe Minoxidil and Ketoconazole did slow down my hair loss but I'm 95% sure I won't touch propecia after reading so many comments from people who suffered from side effects. <b>ESPECIALLY</b> after my libido decreased slightly and my testes hurt a bit when I first started using Keto, which is said to be a DHT blocker (I took a break and then started using it again when my hair continued falling, but didn't get those sides this time), which makes me think I could get sides from propcia