FUE into scar - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Thumbs up FUE into scar

I had a scar from ear to ear from 4 x HT's in my mid 20s. I'm in my late 30's and like some men the HT didn't work out as I wanted it. Last year I had a trichophytic procedure done to decrease the size of the scar. Unfortunately no previous photos of the scar prior or post trichophytic. Last month out of curiosity I shaved my head to see it would look like shaved and I was fairly happy with how little the scar was in comparison to its original size. After I shaved my head I thought... now what? FUE into the scar?

Today Jan 9 2017 I just had my FUE into the scar. Approx 544 grafts into the scar. With a total cost of $4200. I was given 44 grafts free of charge for some reason. ...and $14 for all day parking. The procedure was a total of 5 hours.

I will be updating the post op recovery every few days with photos. I've been told that the transplanted hair will fall out and start regrowing after 2-4 weeks and approx 4 to 5 months from now will have hull hair recovery. I will continue to grow my hair till June where I will then shave my head again to see the completed out come.

Shaved down to 0 clip in Jan 2017

Clip 4

Day of post op FUE. .9 mm 544 grafts. 5hrs $4200

Great.
    I have a question: why do you say the HT didn't work for you?
    i'm almost 21 and am considering getting a hair transplant done. I've read a lot that you should only do a HT after 30 as you will keep losing hair. But I can't wait till then living like this. I'm thinking, I'll get my temples covered as well as make my frontal area more dense (it's a bit thin there now).
    I'm a NW2 with a bit thin hair. If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Great.
    i'm almost 21 and am considering getting a hair transplant done. I've read a lot that you should only do a HT after 30 as you will keep losing hair. But I can't wait till then living like this. I'm thinking, I'll get my temples covered as well as make my frontal area more dense (it's a bit thin there now).
    I'm a NW2 with a bit thin hair. If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?
    This is why FUT IS NOT the gold standard.

Great.
    You're NW2 now but who knows what will happen in 15 years from now. I started losing my hair around 21 or 22 and it was noticeable at 24 as my hair line had drastically decreased. The turning point for me was when I was moving back home after I broke up with my GF. I was removing the bed and noticed how much hair I shed in such a short period of time living there. It looked like a dog was living in the room! My self confidence and self worth was practically falling apart and shattered. By hair loss was eating at me and I had to do something about it. Funny, I started shaving my head at the age of 14 and for no other reason simply because I didn't know how to style my hair when I was younger. - (No one ****ed with me in school because at the time shaving your head was not a fad and only skinheads did it.)- But there I was in my mid 20's all of a sudden wanting to have long hair.. WTF? I was much better off shaving my head however I was in complete denial, depressed and desperate so I did my first HT at 25 or 26. At that time I was NW4 which was same as my dad, however years later now show that I was always a 5a in the works. I believe I had 3 more HT's in following years which gave me temporary confidence back till I i turned roughly 33 when reality hit me.. it hit me ****ing hard. See after the initial HT I stopped using propecia within the first 4 months of using it due to side affects and my hair continued falling out.

I spent a thousands of hard earned dollars getting the HT's and now I'm spending thousands more trying to at least decrease the scar and either shave it with no clip or maybe clip 1 or 2 depending on the FUE results. It's just a matter of time to see the final results. Approx. June of this year will be the determining factor for my next steps.

I can not tell you what to do or what not to do. I can only share my story and people can make their own decisions based on what they've learned. Just remember this, there are just as many individuals with great successful HT stories as there are that weren't so successful.

Photo of me at 33

If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?
    It will take about a yr to see the full result
    But if, or when you keep losing more hair , you have to decide if you want to keep going back for more HT's or live with it. That's when people relaize a HT can never give you the density you had as a teenager

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Thanks for sharing, JustShaveIt. It is a very personal decision when considering cosmetic surgery.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

1 week post op.

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    You're NW2 now but who knows what will happen in 15 years from now. I started losing my hair around 21 or 22 and it was noticeable at 24 as my hair line had drastically decreased. The turning point for me was when I was moving back home after I broke up with my GF. I was removing the bed and noticed how much hair I shed in such a short period of time living there. It looked like a dog was living in the room! My self confidence and self worth was practically falling apart and shattered. By hair loss was eating at me and I had to do something about it. Funny, I started shaving my head at the age of 14 and for no other reason simply because I didn't know how to style my hair when I was younger. - (No one ****ed with me in school because at the time shaving your head was not a fad and only skinheads did it.)- But there I was in my mid 20's all of a sudden wanting to have long hair.. WTF? I was much better off shaving my head however I was in complete denial, depressed and desperate so I did my first HT at 25 or 26. At that time I was NW4 which was same as my dad, however years later now show that I was always a 5a in the works. I believe I had 3 more HT's in following years which gave me temporary confidence back till I i turned roughly 33 when reality hit me.. it hit me ****ing hard. See after the initial HT I stopped using propecia within the first 4 months of using it due to side affects and my hair continued falling out.

I spent a thousands of hard earned dollars getting the HT's and now I'm spending thousands more trying to at least decrease the scar and either shave it with no clip or maybe clip 1 or 2 depending on the FUE results. It's just a matter of time to see the final results. Approx. June of this year will be the determining factor for my next steps.

I can not tell you what to do or what not to do. I can only share my story and people can make their own decisions based on what they've learned. Just remember this, there are just as many individuals with great successful HT stories as there are that weren't so successful.

Photo of me at 33

Normally, the hair at the back of your head is DHT resistant. So how exactly did you continue losing your transplanted hair on the top of your scalp?
    What do you think about PRP? Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?