FUE into scar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmeyer8
    • Mar 2018

Just buzz it, thank you for your reply. Yes, the SMP fads over time and has to be redone every two to three years. That’s why I was looking into a more permanent solution like FUE into the scars. I realize the scar is going to be there but I was hopping to make it look as best as possible. Do you feel the FUE has helped at all? Don’t want to waste time and money if it didn’t help. Appreciate the help. I can also send some pics of the before and after SMP if you want. I feel the SMP really helped.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by dmeyer8
      Just buzz it, thank you for your reply. Yes, the SMP fads over time and has to be redone every two to three years. That’s why I was looking into a more permanent solution like FUE into the scars. I realize the scar is going to be there but I was hopping to make it look as best as possible. Do you feel the FUE has helped at all? Don’t want to waste time and money if it didn’t help. Appreciate the help. I can also send some pics of the before and after SMP if you want. I feel the SMP really helped.
      The FUE has helped with the appearance of the scar when cutting it with a 1/4" size clip. You can post your photos on this thread if you'd like, or start your own if you haven't already.

I don't think I will ever do SMP.

Comment

• dmeyer8
        • Mar 2018

SMP pic

Smp pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]57029[/ATTACH]

Comment

• JustShaveIt
          • Jan 2017

Smp pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]57029[/ATTACH]
          The scar is visible even from that distance. It's difficult to tell if the scar is from ear to ear or ear to just middle (because of the distance) I'd love to see a close up of the back of your head (because never say never when it comes to getting SMP)

Back to your original question. I don't know if doing FUE into the scar will be a better choice than the SMP you're currently doing. The thing is that it's all about density when it comes to FUE.

You have to remember that if you do FUE, the donor area will thin out and you will have tiny little "mothball" dots on your head as if someone shot a mini shotgun at your head.
          So in order to replicate the SMP effect many hairs will need to be removed to get the same even density.

If you take a look at the photo above it shows the density between 20 and 40 follicular units.

I don't necessarily it was a total waste of money to do the FUE procedure. I'm fairly satisfied with the result however I didn't have expectations that the scar would disappear all together either. Whether I decide to do another FUE procedure or not is undetermined at this point.

I think that if you're wanting it to do the same thing SMP does, you'll be disappointed. FUE was created so people don't have massive scars from ear to ear like I do. I don't recall if the place I went to even offered FUE at the time I had my HTs done. That was approx. 14-16 years ago.

I've attached the following photos which I took just now. I cut my hair with a 1/4# clip yesterday.

Same pose just less light

Comment

• dmeyer8
            • Mar 2018

Thank you for the pictures. I actually have two scars from two separate procedures. The lower one is near my neck and the upper one is higher up and its ear to ear. The same as yours. It is the one you probably see most easily. Yes, you can still see them but I am learning to not care and enjoy life. The SMP makes it more tolerable for me and my wife and kids need me to be happy and motivated for life. I allowed early hair loss to effect me when I was young (when it shouldn't have) and I am not willing to let it continue to effect me via scars.

The reason I went the SMP route is because it is minimally invasive and I am not willing to allow anyone to touch any more donor hair. My original donor hair is the ONLY thing I still like about my hair and I will not let anyone take from it further.

If I did FUE into the scar I was considering to let them use the transplanted hair from up top since it could use repair anyway. In a sense, reverse the whole process and go with a bald scalp up top. I don't have enough confidence on how the scalp will look at this point to commit to it nor how much it will improve the scar. Therefore, SMP is the safest step for me at this point.

I will say that the SMP improved the texture of the scar as well as the color. It kind of had a micro-needling effect to smooth it out more than it was before. My wife really noticed this too.

YOUR scar actually looks pretty good. I think the SMP on top of the FUE will really make it disappear with the way you clip it. May look even better totally shaved. You could even SMP the FUE dots out. I really think your in great shape and would be excited to see how you like it.

I may just use SMP until cloning becomes available and I can fix all of this with minimal donor hair. It will probably be a while but in the mean time I will use what I can. I really believe they will get the cloning thing to market in the next 10 years. There are so many advances on the cell level. If you would have told me 40 years ago that we could face-time others on a cell phone I would have laughed (only on Dick Tracey). lol. Now it is a reality.

I have posted the close ups. I will post the before SMP pics shortly for comparison.
            Attached Files

Comment

• hairlossjedi
              • May 2018

My question too, have you considered SMP or PRP? Also, free grafts are not to be looked at as a negative thing, Frequently more grafts are harvested than thought, most docs give you the excess. What would you like us to do? throw away your tissue or put it where it could be of use? Sorry, I dont get that part.

Comment

• dmeyer8
                • Mar 2018

Hello Hairlossjedi,

was your comment directed at me? I am currently doing SMP.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
                  • Jan 2017

Thank you for the pictures. I actually have two scars from two separate procedures. The lower one is near my neck and the upper one is higher up and its ear to ear. The same as yours. It is the one you probably see most easily. Yes, you can still see them but I am learning to not care and enjoy life. The SMP makes it more tolerable for me and my wife and kids need me to be happy and motivated for life. I allowed early hair loss to effect me when I was young (when it shouldn't have) and I am not willing to let it continue to effect me via scars.

The reason I went the SMP route is because it is minimally invasive and I am not willing to allow anyone to touch any more donor hair. My original donor hair is the ONLY thing I still like about my hair and I will not let anyone take from it further.

If I did FUE into the scar I was considering to let them use the transplanted hair from up top since it could use repair anyway. In a sense, reverse the whole process and go with a bald scalp up top. I don't have enough confidence on how the scalp will look at this point to commit to it nor how much it will improve the scar. Therefore, SMP is the safest step for me at this point.

I will say that the SMP improved the texture of the scar as well as the color. It kind of had a micro-needling effect to smooth it out more than it was before. My wife really noticed this too.

YOUR scar actually looks pretty good. I think the SMP on top of the FUE will really make it disappear with the way you clip it. May look even better totally shaved. You could even SMP the FUE dots out. I really think your in great shape and would be excited to see how you like it.

I may just use SMP until cloning becomes available and I can fix all of this with minimal donor hair. It will probably be a while but in the mean time I will use what I can. I really believe they will get the cloning thing to market in the next 10 years. There are so many advances on the cell level. If you would have told me 40 years ago that we could face-time others on a cell phone I would have laughed (only on Dick Tracey). lol. Now it is a reality.

I have posted the close ups. I will post the before SMP pics shortly for comparison.
                  You scars look pretty with the SMP.

If you FUE'd the transplanted hair on top, you'd end up having the white dots on the top of you head.

I wouldn't hold your breath on hair cloning. I've been reading about hair cloning since 2008 when I first read "10 years away". 12 years later and it's still "10 years away".

FUE into the scar would ultimately be your choice. Speaking to Doctors who do the procedure may be your best route. At the end of the day it only cost me $4k. Like I said, I'm fairly satisfied with the results however I didn't really know what to expect when I had it done. There really isn't any photos of FUE into scar online that I could find, so I thought I'd be the first one to put them out in case others were looking into the same thing.

There aren't any reputable SMP clinics in my location and I don't want to travel a far distance to one either. I'm still wary about the procedure as I'm terrified of the ink turning into blue blobs.

Comment

• JasperT
                    • Jun 2018

Hi
                    Thank you for posting pics and your story. Much appreciate your transparency and courage.
                    I saw you mentioned being ok with a quick call. May I have you email to exchange #’s? I feel really lost right now and need help.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by JasperT
                      Hi
                      Thank you for posting pics and your story. Much appreciate your transparency and courage.
                      I saw you mentioned being ok with a quick call. May I have you email to exchange #’s? I feel really lost right now and need help.
                      Hi, we can chat on this tread if you'd like.

Comment

• JasperT
                        • Jun 2018

I really appreciate you posting pics.
                        It’s good to have people to “talk” to. It feels like such a shameful and secretive and regretful existence I have at times.
                        I actually am quite hopeful about cloning, although I understand the pesisim and doubts. Technology does move faster now than 10 years ago and it seems very promising and I’m hanging on to that advancement to someday put this behind me or as close to it as possible.
                        I feel I’ve lost so much time since my HT’s in emotional turmoil, depression, regret. If I spent 1/2 as much time researching before an HT as I have researching how to repair it, I could not be in this mess. Sorry for venting, I know I’m not alone here.
                        Back to scar repair. Have you guys seen Jeremy Piven? How the hell did he get his scar so fixed? He wears his hair so crazy short and we’ve probably all seen his fut scar. How is that possible? He’s always under the public eye and it’s never an issue.
                        I’m considering a scar revision and maybe dye into scar.
                        For those of you guys with kids and wife and then shaved, how did you tell them or friends?
                        Smp looks promising for the right situation but I’m hoping to find a way to just wear my hair shorter someday.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by JasperT
                          I really appreciate you posting pics.
                          It’s good to have people to “talk” to. It feels like such a shameful and secretive and regretful existence I have at times.
                          I actually am quite hopeful about cloning, although I understand the pesisim and doubts. Technology does move faster now than 10 years ago and it seems very promising and I’m hanging on to that advancement to someday put this behind me or as close to it as possible.
                          I feel I’ve lost so much time since my HT’s in emotional turmoil, depression, regret. If I spent 1/2 as much time researching before an HT as I have researching how to repair it, I could not be in this mess. Sorry for venting, I know I’m not alone here.
                          Back to scar repair. Have you guys seen Jeremy Piven? How the hell did he get his scar so fixed? He wears his hair so crazy short and we’ve probably all seen his fut scar. How is that possible? He’s always under the public eye and it’s never an issue.
                          I’m considering a scar revision and maybe dye into scar.
                          For those of you guys with kids and wife and then shaved, how did you tell them or friends?
                          Smp looks promising for the right situation but I’m hoping to find a way to just wear my hair shorter someday.
                          Don't waste your time waiting for hair cloning. I heard the "it's about 10 years away" 10 years ago. Don't know who this Jeremy guy is. Scar revision will decrease the size of the scar but will never completely eliminate it. Depending on how much hair you have all together and how you wear your hair is going to determine the success of the scar revision. I buzz my hair fairly shots, 1/4 inch I believe. If you look closely you can still see the scar through the hair, however no one has asked me what it is yet. It's possibly that they know its from HT, or that they don't notice it, or just don't care to ask. One day I will buzz it with no clip, however I'm not there just yet. I couldn't care less about peoples opinions when I'm in general public. It's more of the intimate close-corridors with friends and people at work that seems to be the challenge.

I'm very skeptical of SMP. Don't want my head to turn into blue dots. There are no photos of SMP years after the procedure. It's always the day of the procedure.

Comment

• JasperT
                            • Jun 2018

Hi.
                            Jeremy piven is a very famous actor who’s fut scar landed on main stream tv and media. Google it. Then look at his current photos where you would never know he had it done. He wears his hair very short. I don’t know how this happened but I wish I did
                            As for cloning & regeneration. I’m not saying it will be out this year or next but it’s a matter of when not if. I understand your pessimism, because I was told by docs ten years ago the same thing. But there’s a couple of prominent research facilities actually making progress.
                            It’s my (and others) longer term hopes and I don’t think it’s good to lose hope altogether.
                            I’m not saying wait around for it foolishly.
                            Anyway, back to topic at hand. I commend you for doing what you’ve done and taking that leap towards “freedom” from being in limbo at least. I can imagine it’s incredibly hard to do.
                            I’m in the process of research and want to know options but also just appreciate having a forum to
                            Not feel like the only idiot in the world that did this.
                            Trying to stay as optimistic as possible about life in general. You guys know it’s hard at times.

Comment

• DAVE52
                              • Sep 2010

IMO Piven is wearing a rug

Comment

• Atlas20
                                • Jul 2018

Just shave it, thanks for sharing. Can you give information on FUE scarring ?? I am considering 150-200 FUE into my FUT scar, but I'm worried about the resulting FUE scars and if they would make my situation worse. Right now I shave my head with a number 2 guard, however the area around my FUT scar I leave at a 4 guard. I'm hoping 200 FUE into my scar can let me shave to a number two all around without the strip being noticeable, or FUE dots..

Comment

Working...