+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Someone is most likely to get a bad hairtransplant if they go to a cr*p surgeon, don't do enough research or don't take into account the future hairloss or all the above.

This guy had a HT done:https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...th-Dr-Feriduni
    I think he said in one of his posts he was a NW5/6 or something and his post-HT transformation looks pretty good, not to mention he said he had really good donor density for a future HT.
    Here is a good article to read.

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/res...ir-transplant/

So basically, if you start balding early in life you're screwed as you'll most likely end up as a NW6/7. Are the donor hairs miniaturized only in people with DUPA?
    My own hairline has receded to that of an adult and I think it will recede even more but I'd want an adult hairline (as the article said: 1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) if I were to have a HT now.
    My hairloss wouldn't be that apparent if i hadn't lost a good amount of my f*cking density when I first started balding. It sucks so much, i probably spend hours everyday thinking about this shit and how lucky guys are who have no hairloss. I had a rough childhood but this is the worst f*cking thing that has probably ever happened to me

So basically, if you start balding early in life you're screwed as you'll most likely end up as a NW6/7. Are the donor hairs miniaturized only in people with DUPA?
    My own hairline has receded to that of an adult and I think it will recede even more but I'd want an adult hairline (as the article said: 1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) if I were to have a HT now.
    My hairloss wouldn't be that apparent if i hadn't lost a good amount of my f*cking density when I first started balding. It sucks so much, i probably spend hours everyday thinking about this shit and how lucky guys are who have no hairloss. I had a rough childhood but this is the worst f*cking thing that has probably ever happened to me

If you start balding early then yes, I would say the chances of you being NW6/7 are VERY high, I started balding probably in my late teens but I didnt notice it until I was 21, by the time I was 29, which is the top photo in my avatar I was basically almost full blown NW6, hairlines are the most important thing to a young man, so its understandable you feel the way you do, but believe me when you start to lose everything else, you will look back on the hair you have now and WISH you could have that hair back again receded hairline and all, sometimes HT's are not the answer, this is coming from a guy who had 3 already, there are limitations to surgery, not every body will achieve the same result or has the donor capacity to support so many surgeries, not to mention NO SURGERY is guaranteed regardless of the doctor. There are many things to consider, hair caliber, head shape and size, skin color and hair color contrast, all of these things make a difference in the final outcome. Another reason why it's not safe to restore someone who is under 25 is because the safe donor area is not really known, in some cases a patient may have DUPA without it being noticeable early on, and to answer your question yes only those with DUPA have miniaturization in the donor area and are therefore not candidates for transplantation.

Being angry is a stage that you're currently at is understandable and a very reasonable emotional response. However it's these moments in life where people make poor decisions because they're nothing critically thinking through the situation. Everyone has a history however there are much worse things that could happen to you. Going bald is a tough pill to swallow when you're in your early 20's and it's a tough pill to swallow no matter what age you are really. Even though I would have the classic horseshoe hair in my early to mid 30's , there are days that I think about how awesome it would to not have had my HT's and to shave it all. The grass is not always greener on the other side and if you think that your hair defines you as a person, you need to reevaluate who you are and what makes you you. Because hair doesn't define a man, his actions do.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    If you start balding early then yes, I would say the chances of you being NW6/7 are VERY high, I started balding probably in my late teens but I didnt notice it until I was 21, by the time I was 29, which is the top photo in my avatar I was basically almost full blown NW6, hairlines are the most important thing to a young man, so its understandable you feel the way you do, but believe me when you start to lose everything else, you will look back on the hair you have now and WISH you could have that hair back again receded hairline and all, sometimes HT's are not the answer, this is coming from a guy who had 3 already, there are limitations to surgery, not every body will achieve the same result or has the donor capacity to support so many surgeries, not to mention NO SURGERY is guaranteed regardless of the doctor. There are many things to consider, hair caliber, head shape and size, skin color and hair color contrast, all of these things make a difference in the final outcome. Another reason why it's not safe to restore someone who is under 25 is because the safe donor area is not really known, in some cases a patient may have DUPA without it being noticeable early on, and to answer your question yes only those with DUPA have miniaturization in the donor area and are therefore not candidates for transplantation.
    ^ Words of wisdom.

If only I had the knowledge I have now. If only there were or were more forums such as this one when I was in my early 20's. If only I did more research and talked to more people online. If only...

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    I feel even more depressed after reading that. If that bottom photo in your avatar is your current hair then it looks really great. When did you get your HTs done? What regrets do you have and are you satisfied?
    It is so tough living like this when i'm just 20. I got my hair cut short a few days ago and had been wearing a woolen hat since; i stopped that now and noticed some of my friends staring at my low-density hair from time to time. It hurts so much, I feel like weeping everyday because of what i have to go through.

A major point in warning young guys about HTs is that they're reluctant to not get an adolescent hairline. Well I'm not. i have an adult hairline right now, and I'll happily want to add more density to it. I'll most likely lose the remaining DHT-prone hairs afterwards, but it would be better than going bald in that entire region. And what are the chances i'll suffer from miniaturization? I don't want that as an excuse to not get a HT. I'm not saying I want one now, but I might in some years.

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    Being angry is a stage that you're currently at is understandable and a very reasonable emotional response. However it's these moments in life where people make poor decisions because they're nothing critically thinking through the situation. Everyone has a history however there are much worse things that could happen to you. Going bald is a tough pill to swallow when you're in your early 20's and it's a tough pill to swallow no matter what age you are really. Even though I would have the classic horseshoe hair in my early to mid 30's , there are days that I think about how awesome it would to not have had my HT's and to shave it all. The grass is not always greener on the other side and if you think that your hair defines you as a person, you need to reevaluate who you are and what makes you you. Because hair doesn't define a man, his actions do.

^ Words of wisdom.

If only I had the knowledge I have now. If only there were or were more forums such as this one when I was in my early 20's. If only I did more research and talked to more people online. If only...
    It is true that hair does not define you but it plays a major part in one's life; the way people perceive you, what they think of you subconsciously and what you think of yourself. I have no problem saying I am insecure about my hair (why wouldn't i be? I'm 20 and balding) and I feel sorry for a lot of guys i see that are either bald or balding and I know other people feel and will feel that way for me, which is something that really pains me. Not to mention, I simply will not look attractive as a bald man, i don't have the facial features to full that off. Also, where I live, almost no one shaves their head in their 20s or 30s. If I were to ever do that, I'd be the ugly, black duckling; the one that stands out, in a bad way. I don't want to ever face that. Oh god, why did this have to happen to me :'(

I feel even more depressed after reading that. If that bottom photo in your avatar is your current hair then it looks really great. When did you get your HTs done? What regrets do you have and are you satisfied?
    It is so tough living like this when i'm just 20. I got my hair cut short a few days ago and had been wearing a woolen hat since; i stopped that now and noticed some of my friends staring at my low-density hair from time to time. It hurts so much, I feel like weeping everyday because of what i have to go through.

A major point in warning young guys about HTs is that they're reluctant to not get an adolescent hairline. Well I'm not. i have an adult hairline right now, and I'll happily want to add more density to it. I'll most likely lose the remaining DHT-prone hairs afterwards, but it would be better than going bald in that entire region. And what are the chances i'll suffer from miniaturization? I don't want that as an excuse to not get a HT. I'm not saying I want one now, but I might in some years.
    Yes the bottom is my current hair, I got my first HT at 29 after I had already lost most of my hair. I have no regrets, I am completely satisfied, however keep in mind I chose to get an HT AFTER I had lost most of my hair, it's much easier to plan your hair restoration once you've lost your hair, rather than continuing to get HT's to make up for additional hair loss. The latter options leaves you unsatisfied and chasing your hair loss with surgeries, not the best option and most of the time depletes the donor without achieving an acceptable result.

Rizaan I know how you're feeling as I noticed my hair loss around the same age, the feeling of your youth being stolen, the sadness and depression, it all goes in stages, I will say that by the time I was 29 after most of my hair was gone, there was a sense of freedom, there was no more hiding it I was a bald man, this was the time I decided to get an HT, my first HT was a last ditch effort, I chose FUE because in the case that it didn't work out, I would continue buzzing my head, at that point I said to myself, "well if this doesn't work it just wasn't meant to be" I had done essentially everything I could, and was ready to accept the outcome whether it was good or bad. That is not something most young guys do, failure is not an option for most young guys, that type of thinking makes you a BAD HT candidate, why because surgery is never guaranteed, you need to really think about the possibility of the HT not working and or possibly looking worse. If the thought of a bad HT is worse than being bald, I would caution against getting an HT.

Additionally Rizaan, I think it's important you consider your future, many time's guys that are 20 want to get things done now with no regard for the future, they think that somehow they wont care what they'll look like when they're 30,40 and 50 years old. That's just not true, and you should always think of surgery as a lifelong commitment. Surgery worked out for me, but I STILL have to style my hair in a way that creates an illusion of density as OP said, I can not wear my hair very short or you will see a lack of density. If I go swimming you can see a lack of density, there are situations still that you will see weaknesses, that is something to consider, honestly Rizaan for a young man who desperately want's his hair back and density back I would recommend looking in to Hair Systems, they are non invasive and have low risk, the benefit is also immediate, HT's take a full year to see the benefit, in the mean time the waiting and patience is probably not something a 20 year old guy is going to be able to handle very well. I can tell you are very distraught and I honestly feel that a Hair System would probably be a better option for you.

In closing, if you have any additional questions please PM me or start a thread of your own, I think we should keep this thread focused on OP and his procedure, I'm sure he doesn't mind you asking questions as he and I know how devastating dealing with hair loss can be, especially at your age, but at this point I think for the sake of his thread you should no longer ask questions here but rather on a thread of your own.

I don't know how to PM on this site, and i did start a new thread (not related to HT). Could you please comment there?

Week 4 post OP.

5 week post op