+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Shaving is always an option , we don't know it until we do it
    ^^^ Words of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    I think Derma rolling works, at least for someone my age. I've seen people post positive results. I'll give it a try since i'm desperate.
    I'm very skeptical when it comes to "gadgets" that "promote" hair "growth". You think derma rolling works because you want it to work for you. I think about it this way. How does poking tiny holes into you head cause hairs to grow?

I think Derma rolling works, at least for someone my age. I've seen people post positive results. I'll give it a try since i'm desperate.

I'm a NW2 with low hair density. IF I get a HT, I fear i will lose my existing hairs from shockloss especially because I don't take propecia. Is that what happened to you? I've also read somewhere that guys with a "V" hairline have a much higher chance of going NW6/7, and I don't think mine is a V, it's more like a U, but it could turn into a V, idk. My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future? I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.

Also, why shouldn't I get an FUT? I've heard it's better (as long as the scar is minimal) and that I can get FUE done much later when I'm older. (please answer all questions)
    I stopped talking propecia because of the side affects. So my hair continued to fall out through the rest of my 20's and into my early 30's.

My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future?
    There are no real indications. I do know that would have been much balder than my dad with close to 100% of the hair on the top and crown gone by now. I remember seeing photos of my grand dads on both sides and from what vaguely remember they were not balding... thinning maybe but I believe that was because they were already in their 60s.

I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.
    Hell is relevant to individuals. I would much rather be going through your "hell" than my "hell". You can shave it and carry or stress out about something that is a natural process of life. I know it's a hard thing to go through at that age. Most of you friends probably still have full heads of hair and here's you starting to lose a little of it. Shave your head, go to the gym and get some muscle, get a few tattoos and you'll be getting mad pus sy throughout your 20's.

Also, why shouldn't I get an FUT? I've heard it's better (as long as the scar is minimal) and that I can get FUE done much later when I'm older. (please answer all questions)
    The thing about "minimal scarring" from fut is that the scarring is very unpredictable. Some doctors will recommend doing scalp stretching to create elasticity. This may work for some but not for others. However when you get into your 30's you may end up in a similar situation as myself who is now trying to improve the look of my hair and scar.

I'm not telling you what to do because ultimately it is your decision. I only created this post to show others how fue into a scar will look like when they keep their hair short (clip 2 or 3). Most people keep their hair long after they've had HT's. If my post discourages individuals from going under their knife with may prevent a similar situation that I am in now, great. However I'm not telling anyone what to do or what not to do.

The irony to all of my current situation which I believe I wrote in my initial post was that throughout my teens and into my early 20s I shaved my head.

Both the following photos were when I was roughly 26-28 years old I believe I had done all my 4 HT. The ages are not exact because this is almost 13 years ago. It's very possible that i had my first HT at the age of 24 or 25 but I do not really remember.

That is after 4 HTs? Doesn't look much tbh, how many follicles did you get transplanted?
    Do you think you still have enough density on the back of your head for another FUE?

That is after 4 HTs? Doesn't look much tbh, how many follicles did you get transplanted?
    Do you think you still have enough density on the back of your head for another FUE?
    Im getting the impression you think getting a HT will bring your hair back to the density it was when you were a teenager and then all your issues will be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Im getting the impression you think getting a HT will bring your hair back to the density it was when you were a teenager and then all your issues will be resolved
    No, that is not what I think. I've seen many before/after HT photos but the result he posted after 4 HT's looks like what I'd expect after like 1.

I do not remember the exact number however I had several HTs because I did smaller sessions due to the cost. 1 graft is roughly $8 which means 500 would cost around 4k. I never had any "mega sessions because I could not afford them. Most of my session were smaller sessions. If I had to take a guess I would say approx. 1k to 1.5k grafts on the top and crown. What is left on the top and crown ARE the hairs from the HTs. It make not look like "much" but you're not taking into consideration that someone who gets 500 grafts and is a nw3 or nw4 will have a "thicker" or more "dense" result than someone who gets 500 graft and is a nw5, 6 or 7.

No, that is not what I think. I've seen many before/after HT photos but the result he posted after 4 HT's looks like what I'd expect after like 1.
    The before and after photos you're looking at are most likely individuals who are more along the norwood scale you are. If you take a look at the before and after photos of norwood 5, 6 or 7 you'll notice that most of the photos the hair is longer and is comb over. My hair has always been shorter after the HT which is why it may not look "thick". I could grow my hair out longer and style it in a way that gives the appearance of "density" however that's not the look I'm going for now.

But what about all those actors and footballers like Wayne Rooney who get Hair Transplants? Their results look really good. I know this sounds Naive.
    Is it that they take propecia as well? Or did they pay a lot to get really good HTs that we can't afford?

But what about all those actors and footballers like Wayne Rooney who get Hair Transplants? Their results look really good
    But what about all those people who get HTs and the results don't look really good? Point being is that you're looking for reasons to get it and dismissing the reasons not to.

Is it that they take propecia as well? Or did they pay a lot to get really good HTs that we can't afford?
    Rooney and he was not a nw 5, 6 or 7. I can only compare myself to individuals who are the same nw as me. I do not know what type of medications they take or how much money they spend on their HTs.

Someone is most likely to get a bad hairtransplant if they go to a cr*p surgeon, don't do enough research or don't take into account the future hairloss or all the above.

This guy had a HT done:https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...th-Dr-Feriduni
    I think he said in one of his posts he was a NW5/6 or something and his post-HT transformation looks pretty good, not to mention he said he had really good donor density for a future HT.

Week 3 post op

3 week post op continued