+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Normally, the hair at the back of your head is DHT resistant. So how exactly did you continue losing your transplanted hair on the top of your scalp?
    What do you think about PRP? Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
    It's not the transplanted hair on the top that you lose , it's the hair on the top that wasn't transplanted , Unless you take propecia to maintain the existing hair , there is a very strong possibility the remaining hair will fall out . Hence the decision needs to be made to go back and get another HT , to fill in what you lost , or live with it . That's when we realize its a never ending cycle of chasing your hair loss until you have no further donor hair ,

Week 2 post op

Normally, the hair at the back of your head is DHT resistant. So how exactly did you continue losing your transplanted hair on the top of your scalp?
    What do you think about PRP? Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
    I stopped using propecia because of the side affects I was experiencing. This caused whatever hair that was going to fall out to continue to fall out.

I've done a bit of prp research however I never found anything convincing enough to keep me up all night all giddy. Most of the photos I saw as "evidence" was of short hair (before) then a photo that appeared to be at least 3 - 4 weeks later (after).

I have looked into smp and it is something that I may venture into in the future although the results worry me. It is most likely that I would do another fue into the scar before venturing into smp.

At this point it is too far ahead as right now I am just focusing on how the fue into the scar will turn out and I'll make my decision in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    It's not the transplanted hair on the top that you lose , it's the hair on the top that wasn't transplanted , Unless you take propecia to maintain the existing hair , there is a very strong possibility the remaining hair will fall out . Hence the decision needs to be made to go back and get another HT , to fill in what you lost , or live with it . That's when we realize its a never ending cycle of chasing your hair loss until you have no further donor hair ,
    You're not telling me those few hairs he had on the top of his head at 33 in that photo are the only hairs he got after 3 transplants...!
    He said he was one of those few guys for whom the HTs didn't work, which means he must have lost the transplanted hairs too in addition to the DHT-prone hairs. I was wondering how the HTs failed

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    I stopped using propecia because of the side affects I was experiencing. This caused whatever hair that was going to fall out to continue to fall out.

I've done a bit of prp research however I never found anything convincing enough to keep me up all night all giddy. Most of the photos I saw as "evidence" was of short hair (before) then a photo that appeared to be at least 3 - 4 weeks later (after).

I have looked into smp and it is something that I may venture into in the future although the results worry me. It is most likely that I would do another fue into the scar before venturing into smp.

At this point it is too far ahead as right now I am just focusing on how the fue into the scar will turn out and I'll make my decision in due time.
    What about Derma rolling? Did you try that with Rogaine? Have you tried any natural remedies?

You're not telling me those few hairs he had on the top of his head at 33 in that photo are the only hairs he got after 3 transplants...!
    He said he was one of those few guys for whom the HTs didn't work, which means he must have lost the transplanted hairs too in addition to the DHT-prone hairs. I was wondering how the HTs failed
    The hairs on the top of my head are most likely the hairs that are left from the HT. Most if not all of my natural hair that was in that area had fallen out over time because I stopped using propecia. I want to clarify something. When I mean it didn't work I wasn't saying that the transplant of hair was a failure. Because the transplanting the hair from donor to recipient was successful. What I mean by didn't work, is 10 years later I am in a far worse situation than I was prior to the HT. Currently I can't shave my head or cut it down with clip 3 or 4 where as before I could have just shaved it. I don't have that option anymore and it's something that I will have to live with the rest of my life. This is why I recently did the fue into the scar, so I can cut my hair shorter so the balding area on top doesn't look as bad as if the hair was longer.

What about Derma rolling? Did you try that with Rogaine? Have you tried any natural remedies?
    I think derma rolling is the same as laser therapy.. utter bullshit. I have not tried rogaine because I do not like the side effects it may cause. I have not tried any specific "natural" remedies because I believe that hormones with taking a pill or drinking something. You look at all the supplements that are suppose to "increase" testosterone. The only thing that increases testosterone is testosterone.

This post isn't about whether the ht was successful or not because at the end of the day I am not happy with the appearance and that is all that matters. I can try to correct the way it looks however I have to be very strategic while doing it. I was uninformed and uneducated about HT in my mid 20s. Throw in depression, desperation and a bit of savings some will do most anything when in complete denial. I was one of those people and this post may change someones view if they're at the same stage I was.

Although the purpose of this post is really to connect with those individuals who may also be in a similar situation as I am and are contemplating their next of "what now?". This is why I wanted to document the process of fue into the scar, how the scar will look like with almost shaved head and shorter hair. When you look online for photos of fue into scar with shaved head, there are no photos. It's always photos with hair grown out for 5 or 6 months which does not provide anything.

The transplanted hairs in that photo look very thin. So are those all the hairs you got transplanted (3 times)? That's shocking. Were you a diffuse thinner?
    I presume you're in a worse situation now because you were destined to be a NW 6/7 and hence lost all the DHT-prone hairs (correct me if I am wrong).

I am almost 21 and balding. I'm a NW2 with low hair density on the front and top of my head. Is there any suggestion you could give me? (shaving is not an option for me). I use rogaine and will start derma rolling soon (I've seen results and they're positive). I also use Ketoconazole shampoo and that's slowed down my Hair loss. I am considering a Hair Transplant in about a year. Is there any suggestions you could give me?

shaving is not an option for me.
    Why is shaving not an option for you? I would only advocate shaving the head if someone is norwood 3 through 7. There are people that will say that you can make a good frontal hair line with HT if you have NW3, but HT results and one's baldness are relative. What I mean by relative is I've seen many photos on this website and others of individuals freaking out about their hair and when I look at their photos I wish that I could be in their shoes with what they have.

will start derma rolling soon (I've seen results and they're positive).
    Don't fall for bs like derma rolling. I remember growing up my dad would go to "hair clinics" to have laser therapy and other shit done to his head. He wasted his time and always got his money back. It's about hormones and nothing more.

I am considering a Hair Transplant in about a year. Is there any suggestions you could give me?
    I'd suggest waiting a few more years till you're at least 25. It is hard to anticipate how much hair loss you may have throughout your 20's. However if you're hell bent on getting a HT, get fue and spend a few extra bucks so you don't have a scar from ear to ear like myself.

Remember hair doctors will never refuse payment for HT.

Its tough losing your hair at that age and it was the same age I started noticing myself. However I wasn't proactive and finding out more information about HT the pros and cons. in roughly 2003-2005 FUE was either unheard of of very new at least to me.

I am almost 21 and balding. I'm a NW2 with low hair density on the front and top of my head. Is there any suggestion you could give me? (shaving is not an option for me).
    Pics ?

Buzz cut ?

Shaving is always an option , we don't know it until we do it

I think Derma rolling works, at least for someone my age. I've seen people post positive results. I'll give it a try since i'm desperate.

I'm a NW2 with low hair density. IF I get a HT, I fear i will lose my existing hairs from shockloss especially because I don't take propecia. Is that what happened to you? I've also read somewhere that guys with a "V" hairline have a much higher chance of going NW6/7, and I don't think mine is a V, it's more like a U, but it could turn into a V, idk. My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future? I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.

Also, why shouldn't I get an FUT? I've heard it's better (as long as the scar is minimal) and that I can get FUE done much later when I'm older. (please answer all questions)