+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I have been using Finasteride and Dutasteride

My original story is here http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1930

I've been taking 1mg daily Finasteride for a couple of years. About 4 months ago I decided to add 0.5mg daily Dutasteride to my regimen.

No side effects. Hair continues to get really thick at the top of my head. Now you can't see my scalp, even up close. My hairline continues to recover around the temples, it seems to be advancing very very slowly. Every once in a while I see the little peach fuzz hairs near the hairline turning black and turning into real hairs.

I don't have any scientific evidence that the Dutasteride is doing anything, but it seems to be helping. To be clear: nothing miraculous is happening, but my hairline is recovering very slowly. I will report more in a few months.

Can you post your entire regimen?

Also, how many finasteride and dutasteride pills per week?

Thanks, and glad you are having success.

That's pretty much it. Used 1 mg fin for 2 years, then added 0.5 dut 4 months ago. I tried using rogaine in the past but something about it really doesn't sit well with me.

As far as how many pills, one a day so 7 a week each. I used to buy propecia from the pharmacy here in the US, but now I order 5 mg fin from those online pharmacy things and cut into 4.

I've had fantastic results with fin/dut. See pics in my original thread. My results are probably atypical, it looks like I lucked out.

I am using both at the same time yes. I take both at the same time, whenever I remember to take them, day or night, doesn't matter much.

Absolutely no side effects from the dutasteride. If it was more affordable I'd take 2.5mg.

I am not a doctor, and this is not medical advice. What works for me might kill you. Talk to your doctor before taking any medication.

Yeah, once I get my dutasteride im taking it with my finasteride too. But only once a week, since it has such an awesome half life. It should do some good in with finasteride.

I don't recommend this and admit I am also crazy. But thats just how it goes. I only ordered 30 pills of dutas. 360 of finas. If it gets here I will definitely stock up on the finasteride and epsecially buy more dutasteride so I can perhaps take it more often and just half it as a back up thing in the future.

On days I stress about hair loss I take about 5 finasteride pills. No I am just kidding lol.

hey guys,

i just came across your thread and wanted to ask how is it working with dutas and finasterides? any improvement yet?

I am taking the finasteride only now because it does a good job by itself. If you're not on it you need to look into getting on it immediately to slow/stop and maybe reverse hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by [mcr] View Post
    My original story is here http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1930

I've been taking 1mg daily Finasteride for a couple of years. About 4 months ago I decided to add 0.5mg daily Dutasteride to my regimen.

No side effects. Hair continues to get really thick at the top of my head. Now you can't see my scalp, even up close. My hairline continues to recover around the temples, it seems to be advancing very very slowly. Every once in a while I see the little peach fuzz hairs near the hairline turning black and turning into real hairs.

I don't have any scientific evidence that the Dutasteride is doing anything, but it seems to be helping. To be clear: nothing miraculous is happening, but my hairline is recovering very slowly. I will report more in a few months.
    This is old, but I've done the same with excellent results. I also use/used minoxidil.