Using Proscar properly - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Using Proscar properly

Lately they stopped selling propecia where i live and that was frustrating especially since i was strting to get good results on the 0.5 mg pill eod so now im switching to proscar but im finding it difficult to chose the right dosage and to be honest i used it for the first time by cutting it into 1/4 and i felt like shedding so much hair in the shower so what should i do is it true that once cut the pill loses its effectivenss? Can i cut it i to 1/4 and use it every 3rd day ?please share ur experience with proscar if u have any ?

Quote Originally Posted by lebaneso View Post
    Lately they stopped selling propecia where i live and that was frustrating especially since i was strting to get good results on the 0.5 mg pill eod so now im switching to proscar but im finding it difficult to chose the right dosage and to be honest i used it for the first time by cutting it into 1/4 and i felt like shedding so much hair in the shower so what should i do is it true that once cut the pill loses its effectivenss? Can i cut it i to 1/4 and use it every 3rd day ?please share ur experience with proscar if u have any ?
    Hey pal. I tried the 5mg Proscar and cut it into four pieces which essentially was 1.25 per quarter pill. I did not like it given the sexual side effects: testicular shrinkage, decreased libido, and difficulty in obtaining an erection. Stopped after about 2 weeks as I feared permanent issues.

Good news is that once off a couple days later everything came back with a vengeance (thank goodness). Someone recommended taking even smaller doses while others on here have put forth the notion of having a quarter pill 3x's a week. I'm very curious to see how that method would work but am hesitant myself to try it again. What freaked me out is that I am an athletic guy with good fitness so for those negative effects to hit was an eye opener and nerve wracking.