+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I start using Minoxidil again?

Hey everyone, I'm new here and looking for advice. First I am 26 and started losing hair around 23. My hairline has receded and the crown is starting to thin.

I bought Rogaine two years ago since I started to thinning at the time and thought I should do something about it. I only used it for about 3 weeks because it started to cause my hair to fall out faster and it kind of scared me. It also made my hair look and feel oily but if it worked I would be alright with that. I have not used it since and now that my hair loss is becoming more noticeable I thought I should look into something else or try it again. I would rather avoid any prescription drugs with harsh side effects or a hair transplant.

I looked into Regenix but after some research I found that it was really expensive and didn't actually assist in hair regrowth (only thickening the existing hair). Which didn't seem worth the money.

I also looked into Provillus and thought it might be better than Rogaine. After some research and digging through all the fake review websites (there are a lot). I found some reviews/threads here and learned it wasn't worth it. Just in time too because I was about to throw some money at them after seeing all the "good" review sites (although I was suspicious of them).

Anyways, I am kind of getting frustrated with all these scams and would like to save my hair if I can. Would you recommend I try Rogaine (Minoxidil) again? Is increased hair loss when first using Minoxidil normal? Are there any weird side effects they don't mention for Minoxidil? Are there any other products I should try that aren't scams and don't have possible severe side effects?

>TLDNR: Tried Rogaine. Hair started to fall out faster so I stopped. Should I try it again or try something else?