+ Reply to Thread

Default My experience with Dr. Glenn Charles, Boca Raton, FL

Hi all,

First post here. Just wanted to say what a great experience I had with Dr. Glenn M. Charles. After researching him and finding only one negative review, I decided to go in for a consultation. The thing that stands out the most is the honesty with which he dealt with me. He told me straight up that he couldn't do it all with one procedure, and that it was going to take a lot of grafts. I decided to go ahead and give it a try. On the day of the procedure I was really nervous. However, ten minutes after I arrived, the staff made me feel at ease. After the anesthesia was administered, the procedure was painless, as promised, all 2566 grafts. I'm still waiting to see the end result as it has only been two weeks since the procedure. So far, everything has gone as planned and I couldn't be happier. The staff there is very professional. The assistant from California, Jennifer, contacted me the day after the procedure to check up on me and the surgeon even called me the night of the procedure to see how I was doing. I highly recommend anyone in the south Florida area that is considering hair restoration surgery, go see them.

DM

Nice to hear. Just visited him considering
    Surgery with him. Any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilmdt View Post
    Nice to hear. Just visited him considering
    Surgery with him. Any suggestions.
    Well, I did the strip method, as suggested by him. The procedure went exactly as planned and I was out in about 6 hrs. The only pain I felt was the anesthesia, there were about 20 injections, about 10-15 along the back and 3-5 in the top of my scalp. After that, the procedure is painless, in fact, I fell asleep at least once. Afterwards, I followed the directions his office emailed to me and everything went according to plan. Nine days later, I returned to have the stitches removed. Afterwards, I met with dr. Charles and he took a look at the incision area, he said everything looked great and I was in and out in about 30 minutes. Also, there was no charge for the suture removal or post consultation. It has now been three weeks and I have experienced no negative side effects. The only thing I'm still experiencing is the suture area is still a little sore, but nothing I can't handle. Now, the hair is beginning to drop off the hairs that were transplanted, as described in the paperwork provided by Dr. Charles. Once they are finished falling off the wait begins for the new hair to regrow. Funny thing is, three or four of my coworkers told me that they couldn't even tell I had a procedure, as in, no large visible scarring. In fact they all said the same thing: "Whoever did your procedure knew what they were doing." I guess my advice to you would be to follow the directions as to what to do prior to your procedure. If you do, you won't have any problems. Are you doing the strip or the ARTAS?

DM