+ Reply to Thread

Default Best ARTAS /FUE procedure in DC metro area

All

Any advice on Best ARTAS /FUE Clinics around DC metro area . Any real time Exp.

I live in the DC area and I wasn't able to find any local surgeons who specialized in FUE that I felt comfortable with.

I met with Dr. Lindsey who I found to be incredibly candid and knowledgeable, and while I believe he does perform FUE, I got the impression the vast majority of his experience was in FUT. Had I elected to get FUT I would have felt very comfortable with Dr. Lindsey, however I was pretty set on FUE since I usually wear my hair fairly short.

Eventually I ended up traveling well out of state. If you're willing to spend $12-20k on a procedure, what's the extra $400 for a plane ticket?

ARTAS is just a tool, you want to know who the best FUE doctors are first and then see what tools they use. Only a few really talented hair transplant surgeons use the ARTAS and only as one, not their only tool. The best doctors can use different punches or tools for different people when needed. Don’t fall for the latest and greatest stuff. Go to iahrs.org, and look at the case studies on this forum. First decide who you think is doing the best FUE and who you feel comfortable with and don't worry whether they use a robot or do it with a manual punch. The robot only does a very small part of the work, so it’s the surgeon and the technicians that really count. If you find the right surgeon who happens to use the ARTAS then that’s who you go to.

Thanks to all

Idea here is to get advice from real Exp. to find the right clinic. i dont think i will go for any other approach other than FUE. But finding the right place seems to be Key
    I agree tool is only an aid.