+ Reply to Thread

Default The Biggest Secret In The Industry

After going to three different consults with three IAHRS surgeons, I think my biggest takeaway is that the doctor may not be as important factor as we think. We spend all of this time discussing surgeons, PRP, technique etc. While the technicians are doing 90% of the placement (though the doctor did create the sites). Most patients do not review or even know who these techs are. I never saw them until the day of the procedure.

Granted this is just one persons experience, your mileage may vary.

Yeah I had the same experience.

Inactive

With all due respect, I completely disagree. The placement isn't the issue/the thing you should be most worried about when researching a hair transplant. And believe me, you wouldn't want a surgeon doing that much work day in and day out anyway. His team is trained and is there to assist him so that he can be alert and give attention to the most important aspects of the procedure: Extraction of grafts and creating the recipient sites with the correct angle and placement. Do not underestimate the skill and expertise level it takes to successfully extract the grafts and design a natural, convincing hairline. These are the most important aspects of the procedure, and no technician is doing this.... Now if you happen to run across technicians who are extracting grafts (which I believe is illegal in many countries) and making the recipient sites, you may have a case for that particular surgeon. But that is not standard protocol and not at all what you would get with a top hair transplant surgeon.

Yeah when I had my FUE, the machine was the smartgraft and a tech did the extraction. Now he has 25 years in the game and is one apparently a member of the ISHRS. So I don't know better him then the young doc maybe. The doctor then did the cuts for placement and the techs placed them

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Each clinic is different and shares the task of performing the procedure differently. Our staff in on our websites.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by BARUBARY View Post
    Yeah when I had my FUE, the machine was the smartgraft and a tech did the extraction. Now he has 25 years in the game and is one apparently a member of the ISHRS. So I don't know better him then the young doc maybe. The doctor then did the cuts for placement and the techs placed them
    Right on, sounds like it all went well for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Right on, sounds like it all went well for you?
    You know bro, I'm not sure how it went. I feel good about it but I'm at 3 months now and nothing yet.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

You guys are partly right. Unlike my facelift practice...where I'm 90% responsible for the result (10% is the patient wearing the wrap etc), with hair its a LOT of people...but the captain of the ship is ultimately responsible. (For hiring, training, retaining etc , the staff) Rental techs, that a lot of guys dabbling in hair use, may or may not be good and certainly have no loyalty to the patient or doctor..they'll be in a different office tomorrow! At the good practices that I know...you have to have a competent doctor to execute the surgery, excellent placers that won't traumatize hair on insertion, and good cutters that preserve every donor hair. I know of several doctors who have very inconsistent results...I know because I see their patients. In one instance, its doctor turnover and the same low wage techs, in others its simply low experience, and in another its skimping on tech quality and quantity.

So the doctor is important in DESIGN, QUALITY CONTROL, and ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Were a newbie lucky enough to find a complete and trained staff, and were he to be reputable...yes, he could get excellent results fast. For better or worse...trained ethical staffs just aren't available in every town.

Dr. Lindsey
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

A surgeon is a surgeon because he/she went to medical school to be a surgeon. A tech did not. Extractions and scoring, cutting tissue, stitching gashes due to surgery, anesthesia, at the very least should be done only by a doctor (regardless if how many x number years experience a tech has). If im not mistaken, this is what med boards need to review. To review those practices that are operating out side of medical regs and any marketer that promotes it against fed regs.

I don't disagree. It is what it is for me. So hopefully the tech knew what the **** they were doing.