Vitamins, which ones? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vitamins, which ones?

Good afternoon,

I started to lose my hair about 2 years ago, when I moved to the US, all the transition was pretty traumatic and I think that was one of the reasons it accelerated the hair loss. My dad has all his hair and my mom too, my grandfather had it too, but I went to the dermatologist 3 years ago before moving to the US and he diagnosed me AGA when it doesn't run on my family. He prescribed me Finasteride and Minoxidil, but I didn't take the Finasteride for the sexual problems it could cause and a lot of people has reported. I have used minoxidil only on my TEMPLES for about 2 years but I have stopped it like 2 times, the shedding is massive when I do that, but the last time I stopped it, it was because I was taking Griseofulvin for a fungus that I have on my scalp, tiny spot on the back of my head, it almost killed me, my heart was pounding like crazy, I was short of breath, etc. I stopped the Griseofulvin and Minoxidil because one of the side effects of the Minoxidil is a fast heart beat. This caused a massive shedding of my hair, I started to feel much better without taking the Griseofulvin and the side effects were gone, so I started to use Minoxidil again only on my TEMPLES where I lost my hair but I still see my hair follicles (In general, my hair has lost volume but it is still there except my temples, that's why I use the Minoxidil there and I don't know if I should use Minoxidil on all my scalp), besides that, I bought Vitamin C 1000mg, Biotin 10000mcg, MSM 1000mg and Pura D'Or shampoo, and I started to Dermaroll on my temples, I read that all these products were good for hair regrowth so I started to take them, now the shedding has almost stopped, I was losing like 30 hairs when I shower, Now, I only see about 5-10, which I think it's normal, and my hair is looking better and stronger, I see small hairs growing on my temples again, and this is happening just in a month. I think everything is starting to work much better after 4 weeks but I would like to know what else I could take to improve my hair regrowth, I think I am missing Zinc, Niacin, Saw Palmetto, Vitamin A, E. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!

Minoxidil Foam 5%
    Pura D'Or Shampoo
    Vitamin C 1000mg
    Biotin 10000mcg
    MSM 1000mg

UPDATE: Today I only saw 3 hairs on my hand when I showered, my hair looks healthier and it is thicker (my hair was always thin since I was child, I am 26 right now) Also, my face looks hydrated and firm, I don't have a full beard but I am seeing new hairs on my cheeks, I think all the vitamins are working really good for me but I would like to know what else can I take to improve hair regrowth?

Thank you very much!

Add a ketoconazole shampoo like Regenepure DR. You have too much biotin, 2000mcg should be enough and the safe limit. Also you really, really need to add propecia in there, at the very least go 0.25mg worth. There is a 2-5% chance you will get ANY sides from 1mg, and 0.25mg probably about 1%. Just try it out at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Add a ketoconazole shampoo like Regenepure DR. You have too much biotin, 2000mcg should be enough and the safe limit. Also you really, really need to add Propecia in there, at the very least go 0.25mg worth. There is a 2-5% chance you will get ANY sides from 1mg, and 0.25mg probably about 1%. Just try it out at the very least.
    Thank you for answering!

Recently, I stopped taking the Biotin, Vitamin C. and MSM because I experienced a side effect, like an allergy on my abdominal zone... itchy and red skin... and I don't know which one was... it is fading away from 2 weeks leaving the vitamins. Maybe it was because megadosing.

I forgot to add that I was using Nizoral 1% Ketoconazole, should I try the Regenepure? Either way... My hair feels and looks great again, and I am starting to see new hairs on my temples, remember that I am using dermaroll there and I think it is working, once a week with 1.5mm dermaroll.

Maybe the progress is slowing down a bit because I stopped the Vitamins... I will wait for a few weeks till I don't see anything on my abdominal zone and only try lower doses, no megadosing. I don't know if I should take below 2000mcg of Biotin or take a multivitamin with Biotin that I have stored (Opti-Men ON) http://www.optimumnutrition.com/en_U...wUDAuotSLel.97

Looks good the Multivitamin?

Again, Thank you for answering, I appreciate your comments!

https://au.iherb.com/pr/country-life...0-tablets/1714

I use that which along with 0.25mg of propecia it has been amazing, even in only four months of use. I also use krill oil as it is a very mild blood thinner which would have similar but much lesser effects to minoxidil, as minoxidil gave me sides. I alternate between 2% nizoral and Regenepure DR once each per week, and Pura D'or Gold in between, I found the nizoral 2% irritated my scalp if I used it too much but currently the regimen is working better. The look of my hair after both is quite similar, both very good at creating volume.

I did derma rolling for my face which became bloated from the minox use and gave up because I can't be bothered with either, and also minox gave me chest pains and headaches.

In the longer term, I would say you don't really want to be living your life dermarolling and using minox every day, unless you are really desperate for regrowth in the short term. Also sides from minox are a lot more prevalent than propecia sides. Lasted four months before I got off, and I'm happy I did.

Nizoral and Regenepure are both good but you may as well move to 2% nizoral if you're keen sticking with that. ON is always good but they're overpriced in my opinion, I like that Country life multi because a good basic multi and has every hair related vitamin in a good dose too.

Definitely try the 0.25mg of propecia though, it's the only real solution to stop follicles miniaturising and getting proper nutrients to them, my minox sides seemed to get worse with time too so I wouldn't be surprised if you get them again.

Here's what I use:

1. Hairmetto topical
    2. Vibrating brush
    3. Saw Palmetto, beta sitosterol and pumpkin seed complex
    4. Fish oil
    5. Iodine 325mcg kelp form
    6. B vitamin complex
    7. Zinc picolinate 25mg (once a day, night)
    8. L-carnitine Tartrate 500mg
    9. Biotin 5,000 mg
    10. Try and eat well, alot of greens, garlic, seeds and nuts.
    11. Vitamin C 250mg
    12. Probiotic
    13. pura d or shampoo
    14. Msm
    15. Folic Acid
    16. Insitol
    Last edited by GroughBack; 03-14-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    https://au.iherb.com/pr/country-life...0-tablets/1714

I use that which along with 0.25mg of propecia it has been amazing, even in only four months of use. I also use krill oil as it is a very mild blood thinner which would have similar but much lesser effects to minoxidil, as minoxidil gave me sides. I alternate between 2% nizoral and Regenepure DR once each per week, and Pura D'or Gold in between, I found the nizoral 2% irritated my scalp if I used it too much but currently the regimen is working better. The look of my hair after both is quite similar, both very good at creating volume.

I did derma rolling for my face which became bloated from the minox use and gave up because I can't be bothered with either, and also minox gave me chest pains and headaches.

In the longer term, I would say you don't really want to be living your life dermarolling and using minox every day, unless you are really desperate for regrowth in the short term. Also sides from minox are a lot more prevalent than propecia sides. Lasted four months before I got off, and I'm happy I did.

Nizoral and Regenepure are both good but you may as well move to 2% nizoral if you're keen sticking with that. ON is always good but they're overpriced in my opinion, I like that Country life multi because a good basic multi and has every hair related vitamin in a good dose too.

Definitely try the 0.25mg of propecia though, it's the only real solution to stop follicles miniaturising and getting proper nutrients to them, my minox sides seemed to get worse with time too so I wouldn't be surprised if you get them again.
    Looks like a great complex, has all the vitamins you need Tox!

I would add a topical Saw Palmetto Hairmetto, apply it a half hour after your minox nightly and leave on till morning.

GroughBack .... For how long you been taking all these and what is the result ?

Quote Originally Posted by enescuge View Post
    GroughBack .... For how long you been taking all these and what is the result ?
    Ive been taking these for over a year, the side affects are:
    I feel better than ever! I have had great results that continue to get better, in fact better than alot of the people on here taking pharms. My growth spurted all at once, About 4 to 5 months ago(My profile photo album shows this), when I added hairmetto topical to my routine, so I do think that a topical is absolutely essential! Here's my progress 8 photos so far. Can see how nicely its filling in!
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album....chmentid=50812