+ Reply to Thread

Default a few questions when starting propecia.

I wanna start taking propecia but I have a few questions.

1. When getting propecia can you cut the pills up to take smaller doses?

2. will I still get side effects such as shedding or hair loss increase or sexual side effects? will they be minor since its a small dose?

3. My hair loss is minor so will taking a small dose still be beneficial? How do you know if it is helping or when to up the dose?

1. Yes.

2. Everyone is different.

3. Everyone is different.

There are very few yes or no answers when treating hairloss buddy. Take the plunge and see what happens, that's all we can do.

Easier said then done with all the threads of everyone saying it ruined them in some way..I'd like some input and not any "yes and no" answer thanks for your help anyways.

Anyone else have anything to say?

Oh I have input and experience on this, but that's not what you were asking, you were asking for definitive answers on what will happen to you. Anyway, I'll stop being pedantic.

What you're referring to is called micro-dosing. There is a strong argument that 0.25mg of propecia daily is as effective as 1mg daily.
    So some people take 0.25mg, some take 0.50mg a day etc.
    Some people mix up days, taking it every other day, or two or three times a week.

I was taking 0.25mg of propecia every Monday's, Wednesday and Friday.
    A guy called Desmond has a really detailed thread on this which is an overall success story and he maintains his hair on it.
    I on the other hand, after 9 months, found my hair wasn't improving, and if anything had gotten worse. But I don't think my hair responds well to anything that messes with my hormones whether it's raising or lowering dht.

If you're nervous I would say try the 0.25mg every monday, Wednesday and Friday like me. I never got sexual sides. But nor did I see an improvement, but some people do, and maintain hair comfortably on that dose.

Like I said though buddy, everyone is different, some guys on a low dose save all there hair and some guys on heavy Dut routines are still losing it.
    Some guys can take the 5mg proscar and have a boner all day, some guys claim to take one 1mg tablet and never get wood again, it really does depend on the person.
    I'm not trying to be a dick when I say it, but until you take the tablet, in whatever way you try to take it, you won't know, no amount of stories from others will change the experience you'll ultimately have.

Give it a go on the lower dose, and if you want you can increase or stop taking it as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    I wanna start taking propecia but I have a few questions.

1. When getting propecia can you cut the pills up to take smaller doses?

2. will I still get side effects such as shedding or hair loss increase or sexual side effects? will they be minor since its a small dose?

3. My hair loss is minor so will taking a small dose still be beneficial? How do you know if it is helping or when to up the dose?
    It won't be as effective when microdosing. That said, there are some benefits. You should take five percent
    Minoxidil with it, after getting the DHT under control.

The tablet isn't scored, so it might not be evenly distributed. That doesn't mean there will be all on one
    side though. It will still be a distributed dose.

Thanks notgivingup I didnt mean to sound like a dick I guess im trying to hear what I want but its just not possible cause like you said everyone is different its just a choice I have to make and see where it goes, my fiance doesnt want me taking it at all but I feel like ill look so bad if I lpst my hair thank you.

Hey gatton I do plan on starting minox before finasteride incase I get a shed with minox I dont want to get a double shed from the both if I start them aroumd the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno299 View Post
    Hey gatton I do plan on starting minox before finasteride incase I get a shed with minox I dont want to get a double shed from the both if I start them aroumd the same time.
    Completely understand you. But Minoxidil can make things worse (it's possible), if the Finasteride doesn't slow down the DHT attack on your follicles.
    If you microdose, it's very unlikely you will get side effects.

Best of luck.

Minoxidil only temporarily stopped my baldness. It's only a temporary solution, and eventually
    the Minoxidil gains will go away if there's not an anti DHT agent helping the follicle.

Dying follicles can be bought back. Usually dead (vellus hairs) cannot grow back, unfortunately. It takes something really strong, like either Progesterone or an topical estrogen (Apricort).